1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 22:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Okay. So that is what an alleged programmer calls discerning. Interesting.
    You would do well to sit through "Life Of Brian" a
    few times and consider the questions it raises.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 13:55
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J

The History of j

The letter j is rather different to those discussed so far, as it did not exist in Latin and, of course, a great deal of the medieval literate tradition is in Latin.

So basically, it is probably incorrect to say that j is exactly the same as i in both ancient and medieval Latin. More correctly, there ...[text shortened]... ory of the Letter J & Why J-esus was NOT his Name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XACkEEfwgaM
    Do you think that God could only spell in the 1st century?
    Do you think He has not seen changes in the languages He created,?
    Do you think He does not recognize His own Name?
    Do you think He does not know who recognizes Him as the True God and calls on His Name?

Now we are all sinners, unclean. The only way He deals with us is through His Son Christ Jesus. (1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,

One day He will deal with us directly.
    (1 Corinthians 15:28) But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

Then we will be clean and have the privilege of pronouncing Jehovah's Name correctly.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    Do you think that God could only spell in the 1st century?
    Do you think He has not seen changes in the languages He created,?
    Do you think He does not recognize His own Name?
    Do you think He does not know who recognizes Him as the True God and calls on His Name?

Now we are all sinners, unclean. The only way He deals with us is through His Son Christ Jes ...[text shortened]... eryone.

Then we will be clean and have the privilege of pronouncing Jehovah's Name correctly.
    The questions should not be about what God knows, but about what you know. I am simply trying to educate you with knowledge so you might be able to pronounce God's name and His Son's name today.

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?

(Proverbs 30:4)
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 19:001 edit
    The questions should not be about what God knows, but about what you know. I am simply trying to educate you with knowledge so you might be able to pronounce God's name and His Son's name today.

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all ...[text shortened]... ]what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?

(Proverbs 30:4)[/b]
    I appreciate Pr 30:4. We do have the Son's name which you know is Jesus Christ.
    also, I am longingly looking forward to saying my Heavenly Father's Name correctly. Until that day comes, I will use His Anglicized name, Jehovah, with full confidence that He hears me and knows I am praying to Him through His Son Christ Jesus and not to other gods.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 01:28
    I appreciate Pr 30:4. We do have the Son's name which you know is Jesus Christ.
    also, I am longingly looking forward to saying my Heavenly Father's Name correctly. Until that day comes, I will use His Anglicized name, Jehovah, with full confidence that He hears me and knows I am praying to Him through His Son Christ Jesus and not to other gods.
    As you have already been informed that Jehovah or Jesus is not the correct name of the LORD.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 07:28
    As you have already been informed that Jehovah or Jesus is not the correct name of the LORD.

Its funny how you spend a whole thread suggesting that one should use Gods proper name, and then you go ahead and translate it as 'LORD' instead.
  7. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 07:52
    As you have already been informed that Jehovah or Jesus is not the correct name of the Lord
    So have you figured out yet how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 14:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its funny how you spend a whole thread suggesting that one should use Gods proper name, and then you go ahead and translate it as 'LORD' instead.
    That should be poof to you that I am NOT suggesting that one should use God's proper name.

I am only providing information to the ignorant concerning His name. And this information makes it clear that Jehovah and Jesus is not the proper name, but knowing that, we are free to use whatever name makes us happy. 😏

9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 14:02
    Originally posted by CalJust
    So have you figured out yet how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
    Yes, of course.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 22:41
    What was Julius Caesar's "real" name?
    And Mary's husband?
    And who got swallowed by a giant fish?
    And King Ahab's missus?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 00:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What was Julius Caesar's "real" name?
    And Mary's husband?
    And who got swallowed by a giant fish?
    And King Ahab's missus?
    My guess is

Gaivs Ivlius Caesar

Yoseph

Yonah

Yezebel
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 00:56
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You would do well to sit through "Life Of Brian" a
    few times and consider the questions it raises.
    If you think that "Life of Brian" is about anything deeper than making fun of a religion for giggles, it's probably you who has problems.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 08:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you think that "Life of Brian" is about anything deeper than making fun of a religion for giggles, it's probably you who has problems.
    Haven't got the energy to explain it to you Suzi.
    Now get back on the meds.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 09:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    ironic isn't it.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 10:54
    Which will not be Jehovah, which is an intentional misspelling and not a real name.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree