1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 00:54
    @whodey said
    The evils of the Catholic church are rooted in statism.Constantine was no Christian
    Protestants as well, whodey. Protestants, Catholics, Christians. 2,000 years. The Believers in Jesus v The Jews (who killed Jesus). Two millennia. Countless countries. In villages, in town, in cities. The Christian "common man" against the common Jewish men, women and children. And here you are on the internet dribbling-on about Occupy Wall Street and Constantine.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:242 edits
    @fmf said
    Protestants as well, whodey. Protestants, Catholics, Christians. 2,000 years. The Believers in Jesus v The Jews (who killed Jesus). Two millennia. Countless countries. In villages, in town, in cities. The Christian "common man" against the common Jewish men, women and children. And here you are on the internet dribbling-on about Occupy Wall Street and Constantine.
    People who were largely ignorant of the Bible except from what the Catholic church chose to tell them about it.

Largely because many could not read and because the Gutenberg Press had not made such things as the Bible readily accessible to the masses.

In fact, without the Gutenberg Press, it is speculated that the efforts of Martin Luther would have been in vain.

So riddle me this, if the Left does not hate Jews, then why do homosexuals protest Zionists in the streets of San Fran when Israel is the only haven for them in the Middle East?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:281 edit
    @whodey said
    People who were largely ignorant of the Bible except from what the Catholic church chose to tell them about it.

Largely because many could not read and because the Gutenberg Press had not made such things as the Bible readily accessible to the masses.

In fact, without the Gutenberg Press, it is speculated that the efforts of Martin Luther would have been in vain.
    I am not interested in your No True Scotsman. Christianity is what Christians do, just as Islam is what Muslims do. It is in the "efforts of Martin Luther" that the Holocaust has its roots.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:29
    @whodey said
    So riddle me this, if the Left does not hate Jews, then why do homosexuals protest Zionists in the streets of San Fran when Israel is the only haven for them in the Middle East?
    Are you talking about anti-Zionists or anti-semites?

And why do you capitalize the word 'left'?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:35
    @whodey said
    Martin Luther's "efforts"? Have you read any of Martin Luther's writings on the Jews?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:452 edits
    @fmf said
    Martin Luther's "efforts"? Have you read any of Martin Luther's writings on the Jews?
    I'm well aware of his anti-Jewish leanings at the end of his life. It was his greatest failing.

My point was, the break from the Catholic church would not have been successful, which needed to happen.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:481 edit
    @whodey said
    I'm well aware of his anti-Jewish leanings at the end of his life. It was his greatest failing.
    He was arguably the "Father" of Protestant Christianity and one you cannot dismiss as "largely ignorant of the Bible".
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:50
    @whodey said
    My point was, the break from the Catholic church would not have been successful, which needed to happen.
    The Holocaust arguably had its roots in Martin Luther's writing and not in "The Left".
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 01:531 edit
    @whodey said
    Yes, "his greatest failing". Five centuries of The Believers in Jesus v The Jews (who killed Jesus). Countless countries. Down country lanes and in fields, in villages, in towns, in cities. The Christian "common man" against the common Jewish men, women and children. Endless killings, confiscations, pogroms and ghettos and extreme discrimination by Christians for century after century culminating in the Holocaust. Occupy Wall Street and the San Francisco homosexuals came much later, whodey.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 02:02
    @fmf said
    The Holocaust arguably had its roots in Martin Luther's writing and not in "The Left".
    Absurd, the Catholic church had been persecuting the Jewish people long before Luther came about.

But the Left today leads the charge. They want another Holocaust in Israel.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 02:04
    @whodey said
    You can't blame the Catholic church for what Protestant Martin Luther wrote about Jews. In so far as the repression of this ethnic minority was a religious issue, it is a problem with Christianity.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 02:05
    @whodey said
    Why do you capitalize the word 'left'?

Who wants "another Holocaust in Israel"?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 02:07
    @whodey said
    Absurd, the Catholic church had been persecuting the Jewish people long before Luther came about.
    Yes, and then Martin Luther "came about", suggesting that Christian anti-semitism ~ a hatred of Jews by people who believed in Jesus ~ was a problem with Christianity as a whole and not just one denomination.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 02:11
    @whodey said
    Presumably, these two sentences are your vinegar strokes.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 03:041 edit
    @fmf said
    Yes, and then Martin Luther "came about", suggesting that Christian anti-semitism ~ a hatred of Jews by people who believed in Jesus ~ was a problem with Christianity as a whole and not just one denomination.
    Christians get wrapped up in the morality of the surrounding culture all the time, just look at Suzy and her support for abortion.

It's all a matter of what you value the most.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree