The Jehovah's Witnesses Trade

The Jehovah's Witnesses Trade

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
06 Oct 10
2 edits

RC threw out the following statement during a discussion on another thread:
"...you are what is known in the trade as a 'time waster', let [it] serve as a lesson to you."

Not positive that he was referring to JWs at that point, but if he was, there are some interesting implications.

1) Recruitment is thought of as a "trade".

2) Would-be recruits who do not "get with the program" within certain parameters are deemed "time wasters". Evidently their concern for others to enter "God's Kingdom" does have its limits.

3) Recruiters consider abandoning "time wasters" as giving them a "lesson". If there had been genuine caring and / or concern for would-be recruits, one might think that this would not be the case. If you're really quiet, you can hear faint cries of "I offered you the key to God's Kingdom, but since you haven't accepted, may you rot in hell - and let it serve as a lesson to you"

Reminiscent of a car salesman's attitude upon hearing that I planned on looking at a few other makes before making a decision. He was really friendly up till then.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
06 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
"...you are what is known in the trade as a 'time waster', let [it] serve as a lesson to you."

Not positive that he was referring to JWs at that point, but if he was, there are some interesting implications.

2) Would-be recruits ...[text shortened]... ther makes before making a decision. He was really friendly up till then.
unless of course his job is as a salesperson, and you completely misconstrued what he was saying.

T

Moves
06 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
unless of course his job is as a salesperson, and you completely misconstrued what he was saying.
Hence, "Not positive that he was referring to JWs at that point, but if he was, there are some interesting implications."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

2) Would-be recruits ...[text shortened]... ther makes before making a decision. He was really friendly up till then.
Well I'm a JW and I have no idea where you got this or what your talking about. We don't even use the word recruit so that's a new one to me as well as the words trade and time waisters..
Perhaps if one wants to know things about the Witnesses one shoulsd ask a Witness for first hand info instead of hearsay from ones who are not Witnesses.
Would you ask a carpenter info about the medical field?
So Robbie and myself are always here if anyone has any questions....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Oct 10

Why the use of the term: Ransom Sacrifice?

Manny

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Well I'm a JW and I have no idea where you got this or what your talking about. We don't even use the word recruit so that's a new one to me as well as the words trade and time waisters..
Perhaps if one wants to know things about the Witnesses one shoulsd ask a Witness for first hand info instead of hearsay from ones who are not Witnesses.
Would you ...[text shortened]... bout the medical field?
The pair of you weren't even aware that your organisation believes only your members will survive into the earthly paradise. That doesn't fill me with much confidence that you're answers to any other questions will be accurate.

rc

Moves
06 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The pair of you weren't even aware that your organisation believes only your members will survive into the earthly paradise. That doesn't fill me with much confidence that you're answers to any other questions will be accurate.
well seeing that you are now a major source of accurate knowledge we can always ask you and actually the confusion was caused by the ambiguous nature of the question, for it was first stated as , do i need to belong to the organisation to get into heaven, which immediately threw us, then it was changed to salvation, then everlasting life, then paradise etc etc all completely different concepts. I am sure you shall now elucidate on the differences for us.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
well seeing that you are now a major source of accurate knowledge we can always ask you.
You can, but i may levy a small charge at my discretion.

The bills don't pay themselves Rob, that reminds me, i must pay the council tax today.

rc

Moves
06 Oct 10
1 edit

You can, but i may levy a small charge at my discretion.

The bills don't pay themselves Rob, that reminds me, i must pay the council tax today.
Lol, i am sure your fees are quite reasonable,

council Tax, look at the coin, whos head is upon it, the queens, pay the queens thing to the queen and Gods things to God. (in your case that would be the Gods of reason and logic)

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Oct 10
1 edit

well seeing that you are now a major source of accurate knowledge we can always ask you and actually the confusion was caused by the ambiguous nature of the question, for it was first stated as , do i need to belong to the organisation to get into heaven, which immediately threw us, then it was changed to salvation, then everlasting life, then paradi ...[text shortened]... all completely different concepts. I am sure you shall now elucidate on the differences for us.
Salvation - freeing yourself from the delusion of myth and superstition.

Everlasting life - nothing but a pipe dream for people too scared to accept the life they have now.

Paradise - tough one this. Sitting on Occheuteal beach in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, realising i have one of two choices to make.

1. Another Angkor Beer?

2. Swim?

rc

Moves
06 Oct 10

Salvation - freeing yourself from the delusion of myth and superstition.

Everlasting life - nothing but a pipe dream for people too scared to accept the life they have now.

Paradise - tough one this. Sitting on Occheuteal beach in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, realising i have one of two choices to make.

1. Another Angkor Beer?

2. Swim?
Angkor beer? never heard of it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Oct 10

Angkor beer? never heard of it.
The national beer of Cambodia.

rc

Moves
06 Oct 10

The national beer of Cambodia.
mmm, is it a rice beer?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Oct 10

mmm, is it a rice beer?
Not that i remember.

T

Moves
06 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Would you ...[text shortened]... bout the medical field?
If you take the time to comprehend the OP, maybe you'll have an idea of what I was talking about. Based on your response, it's obvious you haven't a clue.

BTW An interesting phrase was "let [it] serve as a lesson to you". Seems likely that RC was speaking of the JWs, since it makes little sense in other contexts. Though with RC, things making little sense tends to be the rule rather than the exception.

Also, the word is "waste". Your "waist" is above your hips. Come to think of it, you often use the phrase, "waist of time". "Time wasters"? "Waist of time"? Coincidence? Perhaps not.