The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail.

The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p
The mathlete.

Australia

Moves
19 Jan 06

As an athiest, I see no reason why Jesus shouldn't have got married, and had a child. Anyone who has read the Da Vinci Code may agree.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
19 Jan 06

I also see no reason why he shouldn't have shagged one of his male associates.

Mark 14:51-52
John 13:25
John 21:20

No offspring though; unless a doubly immaculate conception was ararnged.

a

Forgotten

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by pythagoras
As an athiest, I see no reason why Jesus shouldn't have got married, and had a child. Anyone who has read the Da Vinci Code may agree.
I have every reason to suspect you are not the real
Pythagoras.I hearby say you are an impostor.😛

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by aspviper666
I have every reason to suspect you are not the real
Pythagoras.I hearby say you are an impostor.😛
Can you prove your accusations, from only a few basic principles?

a

Forgotten

Moves
19 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
Can you prove your accusations, from only a few basic principles?
Yeah man
the real Pythagoras would be like really really really old.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
19 Jan 06

Yeah man
the real Pythagoras would be like really really really old.
Couldn't his psychic vibrations just be oscillating at a higher frequency?

a

Forgotten

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
Couldn't his psychic vibrations just be oscillating at a higher frequency?
That's what she said 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 06

Originally posted by pythagoras
Has it ever occured to use as strange that according ot the Da Vinci code, Jesus marries and has a child, the devout Jewish descendents of this child eventually marry into a pious Christian royal family (who worship their ancestor as God) and then for some bizarre reason transmogrigy into a pagan cult. Sounds wierd. doesn't it? Jewish to christian to pagan.

Theres also the inaccuracies in the Da Vinci code, such as the fact that the Sarah and Mary who purportedly flee to France (Sarah supposedly being the daughter of Jesus) are in fact a different Mary and Sarah (and Sarah is infact a slave).
Also consider the fact that the evidence for "Holy Blood and Holy Grail" was revealed as fabricated in the 80's. Carbon dating indicated that the dossier alleging Da Vinci as head of the cult was not old enough.

a

Forgotten

Moves
22 Jan 06

Originally posted by Conrau K
Has it ever occured to use as strange that according ot the Da Vinci code, Jesus marries and has a child, the devout Jewish descendents of this child eventually marry into a pious Christian royal family (who worship their ancestor as God) and then for some bizarre reason transmogrigy into a pagan cult. Sounds wierd. doesn't it? Jewish to christian to pagan. ...[text shortened]... dating indicated that the dossier alleging Da Vinci as head of the cult was not old enough.
I think it is a good possibility that Jesus was married and had children.

Also sir you used the wrong form of youse.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jan 06

I think it is a good possibility that Jesus was married and had children.

Also sir you used the wrong form of youse.
I really dont know if Jesus did marry and had children. There is no evidence to say that he did.
I can tell you that all the contemporary literature (i.e. the Da Vinci Code) asserting that he did, is wrong. The sources and supposed evidence are either speculative, highly unlikely or just completely spurious.

P.S. Sorry i meant to say "you" i dont know where "use" cam from.

a

Forgotten

Moves
22 Jan 06
1 edit

I really dont know if Jesus did marry and had children. There is no evidence to say that he did.
I can tell you that all the contemporary literature (i.e. the Da Vinci Code) asserting that he did, is wrong. The sources and supposed evidence are either speculative, highly unlikely or just completely spurious.

P.S. Sorry i meant to say "you" i dont know where "use" cam from.
Don't worry mate.I am sure you will have plenty of opportunity to make fun of my mistakes too.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
23 Jan 06
1 edit

I hate the Da Vinci Code.
It's a crap book that is heavily plagiarised from various sources. It's not a good literary work. Go read something worthwhile. Also, basing any real belief off it is like trying to learn about cryptography by reading Digital Fortress (I tried reading it but my brain shut down 40 pages in, no clue what the hell he's talking about).

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
23 Jan 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
I hate the Da Vinci Code.
It's a crap book that is heavily plagiarised from various sources. It's not a good literary work. Go read something worthwhile. Also, basing any real belief off it is like trying to learn about cryptography by reading Digital Fortress (I tried reading it but my brain shut down 40 pages in, no clue what the hell he's talking about).
The movie should suck a lot as well...

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
24 Jan 06

Theres also the inaccuracies in the Da Vinci code
That book is a work of fiction.

d

Moves
24 Jan 06

Da Vinci Code = Trite novel dummies take too seriously

Anyone remember when The Celestine Prophecy came out and the New Age crapola that accompanied that? That book was written for readers at a third grade level, for Christ's sake.