The Greatest Muslim

The Greatest Muslim

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Nov 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
I don't know where you get your survey results, would you care to provide any references? All the Muslims I have talked to, and in fact all the ones I have seen on TV other than Bin Laden and his followers, have condemned those acts. So where are these supporters?
I do know some Muslims who hate Bush and the US with a passion but even they do not believe ...[text shortened]... wouldn't surprise me if a survey showed that most Christians do in fact support the crusades.
Remember the dancing and rejoicing in the streets in many Islamic states when the WTC towers fell ? Would you say that it is only a very small % of muslims supported what Bin Laden did? You cant ask most potential extremists whether or not they condemn the suicide bombings ... what do you expect them to say ... .. "Yeah ... those American bastards finally got what they deserved ?". You have to look at things they dont say.

Support for extremism is more common that most people think. Here is a survey that looks at young muslims in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/29/nmuslims29.xml

w

Moves
10 Nov 07

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
The practice of Islam being "submission [to [God's] will]", I'd argue that Muslims existed before Islam. For example, Jesus was obviously a Muslim.
In all fairness, however, the term Islam really has come to mean those who follow the teachings of Mohammad. Granted, some may say that the "true" meaning may be to define one who submits to Gods will, however, that is not how it is used by anyone who does not follow the teachings of Mohammad.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Nov 07

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
The rest of the world could be. I'm not quite sure how you'd go about submitting to God's will though, any ideas?
Matt 22:37 ... Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the great and first commandment.
39 And a second like [unto it] is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
40 On these two commandments the whole law hangeth, and the prophets.

a

Moves
10 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Matt 22:37 ... Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the great and first commandment.
39 And a second like [unto it] is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
40 On these two commandments the whole law hangeth, and the prophets.
In the begning I thougth you are an atheist, then I was surprised to find you a Christian. Because Christians should not talk about Terrorism. They did invent it.

Why don't you follow Jesus in this:

(king James Version)(Luke)(Lk-42-42)(Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.)

a

Moves
10 Nov 07

It is your problem to understand Islam as this way. But Muslims themselves don't claim that. It is will written in Quran that Islam is the religion of all the prophets including Jesus.

You don't accept that , it is your problem of not understanding Islam.

I myself follow the teaching of all the prophets: To prove that Muslims are wrong and Islam doesn't represent the faith of all the prophets then show something they did believe I don't believe!!!!

a

Moves
10 Nov 07

Originally posted by TheSkipper
Imhotep? We're talking pre-dynastic Egypt here, and they weren't Muslim. In fact, Islam didn't even exist at that time. If I remember right Imhotep probably worship Horus chiefly, and a myriad of other local gods; none of which would have anything to do with the God of the Islamic faith.

You are right about the Pyramids though...they are swell.
Any person who submit freely to GOD is technechaly a Mulsim. So Islam is the mater of beliving that there is GOD and to submit yourself to him.

What might may make a different from one prophet to another, and one time to another , is not faith , it is the law. The law was changing from time to time , and from region to region, to mach human needs. Then all these laws are unified under one law that Prophet Mohammed came with people missunderstand this as a new religion. And when translated to other language they didn't traslate the meaning of the word, they just called it Islam.

So if you think Islam started only 1400 years ago, then you don't know anything about Islam, and I don't think you should talk about something you don't know.

w

Moves
10 Nov 07

Originally posted by ahosyney
I myself follow the teaching of all the prophets: To prove that Muslims are wrong and Islam doesn't represent the faith of all the prophets then show something they did believe I don't believe!!!![/b]
In all fairness, however, you follow the teachings of Mohammad about the prophets. The Quran is your one stop source of truth which was written by Mohammad.

a

Moves
10 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
In all fairness, however, you follow the teachings of Mohammad about the prophets. The Quran is your one stop source of truth which was written by Mohammad.
The teaching of Quran is to believe in all prophets, and to follow their faith. Quran tell us about prophets and argue us to search for different truth about them in older books (Torah and Gospel), and that is my question to you: show how different is the Prophets faith from Muslims faith...

For example what is the main message of Mosses, what was his faith, and how different it is from Muslim faith?

Show the different to prove your point!!!!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Nov 07

In the begning I thougth you are an atheist, then I was surprised to find you a Christian. Because Christians should not talk about Terrorism. They did invent it.

Why don't you follow Jesus in this:

(king James Version)(Luke)(Lk-42-42)(Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself b ...[text shortened]... e own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.)
If 'we' Christians started it, then 'we' are going to end it ... ok ?

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
10 Nov 07

Any person who submit freely to GOD is technechaly a Mulsim. So Islam is the mater of beliving that there is GOD and to submit yourself to him.

What might may make a different from one prophet to another, and one time to another , is not faith , it is the law. The law was changing from time to time , and from region to region, to mach human needs. Then ...[text shortened]... know anything about Islam, and I don't think you should talk about something you don't know.
Well, hell, if you are going to define Islam that broadly then everyone living at the time was Muslim.

w

Moves
10 Nov 07

The teaching of Quran is to believe in all prophets, and to follow their faith. Quran tell us about prophets and argue us to search for different truth about them in older books (Torah and Gospel), and that is my question to you: show how different is the Prophets faith from Muslims faith...

For example what is the main message of Mosses, what was his faith, and how different it is from Muslim faith?

Show the different to prove your point!!!!
There are inherent differences in the Torah in comparison to the Quran as is the NT. Are you saying that the Torah has not been corrupted? If it has been corrupted, then throw it out the window and start over which is what Mohammad did.

However, as Christian, we do not believe that the Torah has ever been "corrupted". In fact, Christ made it a point to discuss the Torah and how it fortold of his arrival. These passages in the Torah were his credentials, so to speak. I view the Christian faith as an addition to the Torah in that we see how prophecies were fulfilled in the NT discussed in the Torah. The Quran, however, is simply starting over, so to speak.