The Great Flood and the Holocaust

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
[b]The Great Flood and the Holocaust

Compare and contrast these two major events.

Ok. I know you're bating me with that " the real one -- the King James Version" remark, 😉 so here it is.

There is no comparison. The flood killed everyone alive except Noah and his family, and the Holocaust didn't.[/b]
So Noah had Australian Bushmen onboard also and Chinese, Korean, Japanese, blue eyed blondes and BlueBlack Africans onboard also?
Otherwise, how do you explain the DNA analysis showing the genetic diversity of the human race? We know Jews have had a single culture for 4000+years and have very little genetic diversity in all that time so how did the other races come about?

Cape Town

Moves
19 Sep 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
god in his infinite wisdom created plants before the sun. there was light before the sun and "days". this story is full of inconsistencies and only by ignoring a lot of proven issues can you consider it true.
I don't see how the things you mention are inconsistencies. Surely there is noting wrong with creating plants before the sun? Plants can survive a day or so without sunlight, and even longer on Gods breath or other miracles. You really cannot possibly even start to contemplate the creation story without accepting that some pretty major miracles were involved.
What is of course remarkable is that you would not apply the same criticism to Jesus' resurrection even though it too requires "ignoring a lot of proven issues can you consider it true".

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Sep 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
So Noah had Australian Bushmen onboard also and Chinese, Korean, Japanese, blue eyed blondes and BlueBlack Africans onboard also?
Otherwise, how do you explain the DNA analysis showing the genetic diversity of the human race? We know Jews have had a single culture for 4000+years and have very little genetic diversity in all that time so how did the other races come about?
God has His way, which is inconceivable by a non truly born Christian I reckon;

F

Moves
19 Sep 08

Originally posted by black beetle
God has His way, which is inconceivable by a non truly born Christian I reckon;
The standard answer. It is of the christian language. In plain English it means "I don't have the faintest idea. I just don't want to admit it."

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Sep 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
The standard answer. It is of the christian language. In plain English it means "I don't have the faintest idea. I just don't want to admit it."
When somebody claims that he had "a vision of god" and that he can talk in behalf of that "god", I consider it funny.
When that guy starts preaching, I consider it nonsense.
When the people have the attitude to follow blindly a theological thesis from a person that presents it as "the word of god" because of a vision of his, I consider it dull.
When the people regard a mix of apocalyptical and pseudophilosophical texts as the "Ultimate Truth", I consider it dangerous.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Sep 08

When somebody claims that he had "a vision of god" and that he can talk in behalf of that "god", I consider it funny.
What is someone who has a vision supposed to do with it?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Sep 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
What is someone who has a vision supposed to do with it?
He can ponder over his misfortunes;

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Sep 08

He can ponder over his misfortunes;
Why should a beatific vision be unfortunate?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Sep 08

Ask Jeanne d'Arc BdN dude🙂

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Sep 08

Ask Jeanne d'Arc BdN dude🙂
Or CG Jung.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Sep 08

Or CG Jung.
XacLy

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
19 Sep 08

Can you imagine if God gives you a message for you to spread?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Sep 08

Originally posted by Palynka
What if I didn't believe in God?

I'm interested in a non-theistic account of visionary experience.

Not too convinced by Timothy Leary ...

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
21 Sep 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Mmmm, I see dead people;

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Sep 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Compare and contrast these two major events.
In the words of JJ, I am sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust!

And the "Great Flood" was not an act of God. If such a flood actually did happen (which they sometimes do), it is caused by a series of environmental factors.

So they both killed a lot of people. Both of them are overstated. One was run by an evil dictator and a bunch of greedy Zionists; the other was run by either "God" (hahaha if you actually believe that) or the environment.