The Gap Theory

The Gap Theory

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Feb 15

Originally posted by sonship
Trash.
No need to rehash your trash.
Witness Lee's Local Church Cult Thread 159943

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
RJHinds cannot be trusted too well, as seen from cheating with chess engines. Lacking in integrity.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Feb 15
1 edit

RJHinds cannot be trusted too well, as seen from cheating with chess engines. Lacking in integrity.
Ad hominem

An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.

Person A: I think we should spend more money on environmental protection.
Person B: You just think that because you’re a stupid tree-hugger.

Person A: It is crucial that we facilitate adequate means to prevent degradation that would jeopardize the project.
Person B: You think that just because you use big words makes you sound smart? Shut up you loser; you don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ad+hominem

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 15

Anyone else want to discuss the Gap between Genesis 1:1,2 ?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Feb 15

Anyone else want to discuss the Gap between [b]Genesis 1:1,2 ?[/b]
It should be clear by now that there is NO Gap between Genesis 1:1,2.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 15

Thanks for putting up that Thread so some people can see how off the mark you were in your claims of cultism.

Definitely not all of it was trashy. Just the false accusations you mimicked like parrot.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 15
2 edits

It should be clear by now that there is NO Gap between Genesis 1:1,2.
It is clear that YEC have not much to teach about the rebellious history of the church's enemy, Satan the early Anointed Cherub.

Instead we get ie. - Eve being the first creature deceived ... and other nonsense all in an attempt to uphold Ussher's creation date.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 15
1 edit

After consulting with a Christian friend I know, he sent me this message. Maybe I can get him to participate here in the discussion. Maybe not.

If we look at Genesis 1:1, that was the time of the past before Adam was created and a time when Satan was known as Lucifer before he felled as the original Sin.

So when Lucifer was in charge, and in control of whatever God gave him authority; Lucifer did have authority to some degree in heaven and throughout old universe (probably he was greater than the 24 elders (angels - Rev. 4:4). After Lucifer decided to deny God's Authority; becoming Satan and the existence of Sin; he had access anywhere in the old universe as well as the earth. We don't know how much of the old universe was damaged. We do know that the even the heaven was damaged because Satan became Sin in Heaven where God was.

Those who lived in the Earth, in Genesis 1:1, Death did NOT exist there. But their bodies perished, and they existed in water known as demons.

Only Death existed after Satan was known (by Paul said in Heb. 2:14 ) as his authority. But after the Lord overcame His death; then the Lord Jesus became authority of the Second Death for the Satan and his angels to perish.

There is more but I don't go too long.

Sent from my iPad,

P (copied without permission - identity guarded by sonship)

Some of this is slightly different from what I might say. But we know in part and prophesy in part. I may have something wrong.

I do not think I have anything wrong about a pre-Adamic rebellion and divine judgment that occured.

P

weedhopper

Moves
18 Feb 15

Gap Theory handles the age of the earth and universe quite well for me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 15
2 edits

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Feb 15

After consulting with a Christian friend I know, he sent me this message. Maybe I can get him to participate here in the discussion. Maybe not.

[quote] If we look at Genesis 1:1, that was the time of the past before Adam was created and a time when Satan was known as Lucifer before he felled as the original Sin.

So when Lucifer was in charge, and in ...[text shortened]... o not think I have anything wrong about a pre-Adamic rebellion and divine judgment that occured.
The problem is that you both add imaginary myths to the scripture.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

(2 Timothy 4:3-4 NASB)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Feb 15

The problem is that you both add imaginary myths to the scripture.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

(2 Timothy 4:3-4 NASB)
Which is itself a myth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 15
1 edit

The Bible exposes rather than conceals and obscures the enemy of God and man.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Feb 15
1 edit

The Bible exposes rather than conceals and obscures the enemy of God and man.
So your god is not omniscient after all? If IT was, then IT would not have any enemies, would it.

I myself consider myself to be an enemy of your god. Of course if that god were real, I would be in deep doo doo.

Fortunately your god is only a man made construct cleverly designed for sure, but only needing human level intelligence to create. Pretty good ploy to make the god have human attributes. So the writers could include in their attributes 'I am a jealous god'. Which is one of the most ridiculous statements in the bible, of which there are plenty but that one takes the cake.

Let's see. A GOD, a deity capable of just calling in whole universes and disguising the true age, convincing people the construct is only 6000 years old, SO worried it would be if all of humanity understood to the core that the world really WAS 4+ billion years old and most of the universe older than that. Yep, it was so worried about the implications of such a revelation, it goes. "Don't forget, humans, I AM A JEALOUS GOD, so you better worship me because I have this foible, I NEED worshiping".

Come on, where is your critical thinking? You left it behind at church, right?

You are part of an entirely man made religion, just as valid or invalid as ALL other religions on Earth but your conditioning has gone so deep as you cannot EVER think for yourself anymore, having given up the right to independently think to the church, whatever version of Christianity that is.

You can't even see how such religions are holding back the true maturity of mankind because of the implicit promises given by these religions. Islam, promising what, 73 virgins, if you just bomb that church over there or that twice damned SUUNI mosque over there, since they are not islamic ENOUGH.

Just the kind of philosophy a real god would come up with?

These religions could NEVER just say, hey, you have this life, live it the best way you can, be the best you can be, you only get one crack at it.

NO, they put in false promises, as if a real deity REALLY needs worshiping, another HUMAN trait. Trust me, worship me, and you will have everlasting life.

Well if that doesn't ensure that humans will be forever childish and fight each other over THEIR version of some religion or other, nothing else will.

Your kingdom in heaven will never come, even if humans live till the end of the life of Earth itself, a certainty that Earth will be in cinders in a few billion years due to the sun itself running out of H2 fuel and engulfing the Earth because the sun itself will be a couple hundred million miles across in a few more billion years, even THEN there will be no kingdom in your heaven.

Like a deity would WANT trillions of parasitic humans and billions of trillions of OTHER interstellar life forms polluting its heaven.

Why don't you think through the implications of such religious dogma before you blank shut off your thinking process and just follow the church line?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Feb 15
2 edits

So your god is not omniscient after all? If IT was, then IT would not have any enemies, would it.

I don't see why that should follow.
What I can say is that the enemies of God are a temporary matter.
Some will be reconciled and some will be defeated.
For now it is a temporary situation.

I myself consider myself to be an enemy of your god. Of course if that god were real, I would be in deep doo doo.

Its funny. God is really on your side. First He gets you over on His side and then shows you that He is on your side.

Fortunately your god is only a man made construct cleverly designed for sure, but only needing human level intelligence to create.

I don't think anyone wanting to invent an imaginary God would come up with something so difficult to explain as the Trinity.

And I personally don't think people WOULD invent a character like Jesus of the New Testament even if they were able to do so.

Pretty good ploy to make the god have human attributes. So the writers could include in their attributes 'I am a jealous god'.

Upon reading the OT carefully over many years, it is pretty hard for me to imagine that, all things considered, the God from Genesis to Malachi (let alone including the New Testament) was imagined whole cloth.

But the Bible has a funny effect on some people. The less they read it, the more they think they are an expert on it.

Which is one of the most ridiculous statements in the bible, of which there are plenty but that one takes the cake.

I don't think so. It is like a faithful husband scolding a wayward and unfaithful wife, in a sense saying "Don't you KNOW that I can do a much much better job than that other guy you're flirting around with?"

Let's see. A GOD, a deity capable of just calling in whole universes and disguising the true age,

Now you're assuming positions that I may not have.

convincing people the construct is only 6000 years old, SO worried it would be if all of humanity understood to the core that the world really WAS 4+ billion years old and most of the universe older than that.

I'm not a Young Earth creationist.
That's a complaint you would raise with someone else.
I'll let someone else reply to you on that.

Yep, it was so worried about the implications of such a revelation, it goes. "Don't forget, humans, I AM A JEALOUS GOD, so you better worship me because I have this foible, I NEED worshiping".

I think it is wonderful to have such a Lover.

Come on, where is your critical thinking? You left it behind at church, right?

No. But time is ticking. Year after year is going by. You're not getting any younger. And still you're clueless as to who you really are and why you are really here.

To rest in the Jealous love of such an eternal Lover like God is quite wonderful and peaceful.

You said YOU might be in deep doo doo.
To remain in a pile of deep doo doo when God has provided a salvation and rescue out through Christ, is bad critical thinking.

You are part of an entirely man made religion, just as valid or invalid as ALL other religions on Earth but your conditioning has gone so deep as you cannot EVER think for yourself anymore, having given up the right to independently think to the church, whatever version of Christianity that is.

Here's a book that I enjoyed called "Christ Verses Religion".

It is really good and emphasizing that the experience of God is an experience of a living Person.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=25E2

You can't even see how such religions are holding back the true maturity of mankind because of the implicit promises given by these religions. Islam, promising what, 73 virgins,

This is as weak as saying you dismiss all science because of Nazi Eugenics.
I think critical thinking doesn't just grasp desperately at negative perversions to paint broadest possible strokes.

"I won't open my heart to Jesus to be re-born and forgiven because, well you see, the 72 virgins thing I heard some Moslems talk about is so rediculous."

This is not terribly impressive "critical thinking" on your part to me.

This is bogus, knee jerk, reactionary, desperate grasping at handiest excuses.

So be consistent. Dismiss all of the scientific enterprize because, say, a UFO and an space alien were reported crashed in Roswell New Mexico.

Trash all of Sports because exposition wrestling is so phony.

Trash all music because the Chipmuncks are just human voices played on high speed.

Lame, lame desperate excuses you've buried yourself under and boasting of your superior "critical thinking skills". I'm underwhealmed.

And now if this is the cleverest of reasoning you have for not looking into Jesus Christ, I think I'll move on.

if you just bomb that church over there or that twice damned SUUNI mosque over there, since they are not islamic ENOUGH.

What did Jesus do to you ?

Just the kind of philosophy a real god would come up with?

If medicine were REALLY a legitimate endeavor QUACKS would not exist anywhere. There is such comfort in bigoted generalizations.