The First Stone

The First Stone

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by huntingbear
Might someone disobey the command and, though not being without sin, nevertheless throw the First Stone?
No. Such people may indeed throw stones, but they surely are not casting the First Stone, for only he who is without sin may cast the First Stone. (Ref. the arcane discussion of axioms and definitions in the Argument from Evil thread. If someone claims to have cast the First Stone without having claimed to be without sin, then they have simply claimed a false proposition. If they threw a stone, it couldn't have been the First Stone.)

c

Moves
04 Apr 05

The only one allowed to throw the stone, or qualified to by His sinless nature, was Jesus; and He chose to step in the way and take the stone the Judge was required to throw! Now our best option is to receive His gift, say 'Thank you!', and honor Him by trying to act the same way in our own circles.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
04 Apr 05

Ok well I may or may not be without "sin," but can we just cut the crap and stone Darfius already?!

Dammit did you see his enormous End Times rant? If that isn't a sin I don't know what is.