The False Religions

The False Religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
17 Aug 09
2 edits

Originally posted by generalissimo
there was a new religion that grew out of judaism, but it didn't replace it.
You are very right. In fact, it is a select few ancient religions that have survived. So it cannot be considered a false religion in that it still survives!! In fact, considering what the Jewish people have been through surviving centuries of anti-semitism by being thrown out of entire countries throughout Europe and being persecuted and killed with the climatic ending of the Holocaust and then survive the birth of the nation of Israel with all the Arabic nations coming against her from day one, I would almost say their continued existance is nothing short of a miracle!!

c

Moves
17 Aug 09

1. jehovah's witness.

2.mormonism

3.evangelical christianity.

4.neo-pagan religions

5. Anything with God in it

6. Born Again

7. Baptist

8. Anything with God in it

9. Fundamentalist Islam

1o. Anything with God in it.

c

Moves
17 Aug 09

and then survive the birth of the nation of Israel with all the Arabic nations coming against her from day one, I would almost say their continued existance is nothing short of a miracle!![/b]
Do you think God intervened on behalf of Jews by allowing them to steal a country from its rightful owners and then do unto them what the Nazis did to the jews?

rc

Moves
17 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
List the false religions.
1.obeisance to science
2.materialism
3.meism
4.anything that comes between us and our relationship with God

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
1.obeisance to science
2.materialism
3.meism
1.obedience to science

So obedience to acquiring knowledge based on the scientific method, and the organised body of knowledge gained through research is a bad idea??

Religion.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
17 Aug 09

1.obeisance to science
2.materialism
3.meism
interesting tac...I can find no fault with this.

Moves
22 Aug 09

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
List the false religions.
Any religion that is not mine.

d

Moves
22 Aug 09

Originally posted by Badwater
Any religion that is not mine.
What Catholicism?

Moves
23 Aug 09
1 edit

1.obeisance to science
2.materialism
3.meism
Just some asides on this wonderful list:

1. Yes! The scientific method requires brutal honesty and a continual reappraisal of knowledge. Any reverence for principles that violate observable facts is by definition witchcraft and has no place in science. (As an experiment, try actually talking to a real scientist for once in your life and you'll find that they are not quick to offer opinions. They are trying to understand not explain.)

2. Amen! (Transcendental Phenomenological Reduction rulez!) (Please, will someone explain this to the block-headed mormons?) (And if you don't know what I'm talking about - why don't you?)

3. Outstanding! Fight the childish urge to carry around the idea that you and you alone understand the universe! Realize what an idiot that makes you look like to other intelligent people. Have some humility! (Walt Whitman said, "Priests! Until you can explain a paving stone do not attempt to explain God!" )

4. R-E-S-P-E-C-T! (For all of our honest feelings - however they may run.) With this proviso (honesty.) Canto XIII - Ezra Pound:

And Kung raised his cane against Yuan Jang,
Yuan Jang being his elder,

for Yuan Jang sat by the roadside pretending to
be receiving wisdom.
And Kung said
"You old fool, come out of it,
"Get up and do something useful."
And Kung said
"Respect a child's faculties
"From the moment it inhales the clear air,
"But a man of fifty who knows nothing
Is worthy of no respect."

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Just some asides on this wonderful list:

1. Yes! The scientific method requires brutal honesty and a continual reappraisal of knowledge. Any reverence for principles that violate observable facts is by definition witchcraft and has no place in science. (As an experiment, try actually talking to a real scientist for once in your life and you'll find th ...[text shortened]... the clear air,
"But a man of fifty who knows nothing
Is worthy of no respect."
Thnx TJ. Thnx Robbie. I've nothing to add yet, but I just wanted to let people know that these are some sobering thoughts. I love everybody's input, even if its something I've come across b4.