The  Eternal Son of God

The Eternal Son of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 19

For those critics who would like to find a phrase used by Watchman Nee or Witness Lee that I also used, I recommend you learn to use the Search Engine on all their publications at

www.ministrybooks.org

Be my guest please.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 19
2 edits

@divegeester

I would like to understand which of the “three distinct persons of the trinity” you personally pray to?

I answered you. Sometimes I pray to the Lord Jesus, sometimes to the Father, always it is to God. - Like Stephen, like Paul whom I gave as examples.

You, as typically unable to deal with the biblical truth starring you in the face, opt instead for imagining that I must be copying from a "church pamphlet". As if that would make a difference.

Go back and read it. Then again, do whatever you want.
LOL! I DON't CARE ... lol.

When was the Son of God CREATED ? chapter and verse please - your next post.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Your premise of this thread has been holed below the waterline by myself several times, denying it doesn’t make it not true.

It is possible that some were impressed with your argument.
As for me, the eternal Son of God has far from been refuted by you.

But if Ghost or someone else of your atheist friends or even Christians, thou ...[text shortened]... cessful case, that's fine with me.

I believe in the Triune God with the joy of experiencing Him.
The eternal Son of God isn't a title, God is eternal, and there is the Son of God.
Conflating the two isn't going to prove or disprove anything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 19
4 edits

@KellyJay

The eternal Son of God isn't a title, God is eternal, and there is the Son of God. Conflating the two isn't going to prove or disprove anything.

I am using "the eternal Son" as a title of the OP.
I didn't say "the eternal Son" is a title given per se in the Bible, if that is what you mean.

The truth of the title of the OP I feel has been maintained.

A Son as a High Priest without father or mother or beginning of days or end of life is virtually an eternal Son.

The mysterious figure Melchizedek, who comes out of nowhere in Genesis, the writer of Hebrews strongly implies was a type of the Son of God, a High Priest, Who has no beginning or end.

"For thus Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him,

To whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all; first being interpreted king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace;

Being without father, without mother, without genealogy; having neither beginning if days nor end of life, but LIKENED TO THE SON OF GOD, abides a priest perpetually." (Heb. 7:1-3)

In spite of the fact that Mary was His mother and that Jesus also had a genealogy tracing back to Abraham (Matthew) and back to Adam (Luke) He really is eternally pre-existing with NO BEGINNING.

How then can we err by describing Jesus as "the eternal Son of God"?

Your comments on the putting to death of the old man I want to comment on.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

The eternal Son of God isn't a title, God is eternal, and there is the Son of God. Conflating the two isn't going to prove or disprove anything.

I am using "the eternal Son" as a title of the OP.
I didn't say "the eternal Son" is a title given per se in the Bible, if that is what you mean.

The truth of the title of the OP I feel has bee ...[text shortened]... eternal Son of God"?

Your comments on the putting to death of the old man I want to comment on.
I'm not overly concern with proving the Trinity to those that don't have a clue who
God is. Without God in their lives we can speak till be are blue in our faces it will
not move the needle one way or another. They have to experience God before that
type of thing is going to matter to them, also they have to be more concern with
truth than showing up someone else, or putting them down.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 19

@KellyJay

I'm not overly concern with proving the Trinity to those that don't have a clue who God is.

I understand. With some who are ambiguous and for whom it is not easy to tell where they stand, if they ATTACK the revelation of the Triune God, I will spend some time to show them where they are wrong.

Divegeester is such a person. If he were not so much on the attack against a trinitarian belief, I might not labor as much. But he INVITES it. He taunts Christians about it.

So he gets some long posts (which he may not read). But someone hearing his attack just may observe the folly of it. I can't make everybody happy.

Without God in their lives we can speak till be are blue in our faces it will not move the needle one way or another. They have to experience God before that type of thing is going to matter to them, also they have to be more concern with truth than showing up someone else, or putting them down.

Yes. And such was I once. But God showed mercy.

I have found that it is good also to sometimes pray " Lord Jesus, what do I still not see? Lord Jesus, if there still be any blind spot in my heart, heal this Lord."

We all still need to see more.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jan 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Sure, but only if the next guy is Ivan the Terrible.

I smiled. Pretty good. Now I'm chuckling.

Maybe I'll put up another humoresque on my thread Comic Relief just for you.

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Why is your copying of other peoples work, without consistently crediting the source, not to be regarded as plagiarism?

Is ignorance your defense?

I don't need a defense. The only thing I don't always do that the publishers have requested is to indicate the date of the message. Sometimes that is not available. And I don't often do ...[text shortened]... y. However, what I quote the most by FAR ... is the word of God, the Bible. You know that.
As I thought, you are simply ignorant of plagiarism.

This does not reflect well on you.

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Sure, but only if the next guy is Ivan the Terrible.

I smiled. Pretty good. Now I'm chuckling.

Maybe I'll put up another humoresque on my thread Comic Relief just for you.
Make sure you credit the source.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester
I believe in the Triune God with the joy of experiencing Him.
“Them”...

You believe in the triune God with the joy of experiencing them

Remember there are three people in your God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

I'm not overly concern with proving the Trinity to those that don't have a clue who God is.

I understand. With some who are ambiguous and for whom it is not easy to tell where they stand, if they ATTACK the revelation of the Triune God, I will spend some time to show them where they are wrong.

Divegeester is such a person. If he were not ...[text shortened]... , if there still be any blind spot in my heart, heal this Lord."

We all still need to see more.
We all will answer for our words, me included. Personally I wish I was of a better
temperment, and giving more grace than I do.

When we stand in judgment day the truth will be there, and all of our arguments
and words will show what we claimed and knew. None of us will have an excuse
so I'm not overly concern with another's faults, when mine are so glaring to me.

Following the Spirit's lead is important and at the end of the day going over it in
prayer we can see where we could have done better. I thank God for His conviction
He makes us better if He can get our attention. 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester
Sometimes I pray to the Lord Jesus, sometimes to the Father, always it is to God.
You pray to God the Father separately from Jesus?!

Other than that being very odd it is unscriptural.

“No one comes to the father except through me” Jesus.

“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17).”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jan 19

@sonship said

Divegeester is such a person. If he were not so much on the attack against a trinitarian belief, I might not labor as much. But he INVITES it. He taunts Christians about it.
I most certainly do not taunt Christians about being trinitarians. I taunt you about your strange beliefs about aliens and eternal suffering and Jesus being glorified by the suffering and you praying to the different people of the trinity about made up fountains of blood and about your vanity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I can't remember who first told me this joke. (If I write it).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 19
1 edit

@divegeester

I taunt you about your strange beliefs about aliens and eternal suffering and Jesus being glorified by the suffering and you praying to the different people of the trinity about made up fountains of blood and about your vanity.

If that's all you have taunt about there's no cause for concern on my part.
Your old sentimental exaggerations don't bother me.