the earth shall become a paradise

the earth shall become a paradise

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
The bible talks about that the old earth will pass away & that God is going to create a new heavens and earth.

Manny
yes but if you take the time to look at the context, you will see that it draws a parallel with the days of Noah, and quite clearly, it does not refer to the literal earth nor the literal heavens, but to the earthly society of people and the heavens, the ruling body or government, for these were the things destroyed, not the literal heavens or earth. Nor have you yet explained the every simple and truthful words of the Psalm either, for your statement would have us believe that what the psalmist said is untrue? is that the case? no i don't think so, particularly since Christ himself reiterated the words!

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Jul 09

psalm 37:11 But the humble will inherit the land And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity. Ok I need to read it in context of course. What is this talking about? 2 Peter 3:10-13 A New Heaven and Earth
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

11Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!

13But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Something is being destroyed and being made new.

Manny

rc

Moves
13 Jul 09
2 edits

psalm 37:11 But the humble will inherit the land And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity. Ok I need to read it in context of course. What is this talking about? 2 Peter 3:10-13 A New Heaven and Earth
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with int ...[text shortened]... th, in which righteousness dwells.

Something is being destroyed and being made new.

Manny
we can talk about second peter in a minute, but it is quite obvious, that not you, nor the imbecile Raj, nor Jaywill, nor anyone else in the forum can give a proper reasonable account as to what this scripture means. now the question that i would like to gain some insight into, is why not? it is not flowery, it is not ambiguous, its as plain as day.

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Jul 09

Well ok we need to answer who are these righteous mentioned in the Psalm right? Forgive me I'm dense at times 🙂 Psalm 37 was written by David. David is exhorting the righteous to trust in God. God will bring about the destruction of the wicked. The righteous appear to be those who wait and trust in God at least as far as I can see in this Psalm. I don't see any special insight on who these righteous are except that they indeed wait and trust God.

Manny

rc

Moves
13 Jul 09

Well ok we need to answer who are these righteous mentioned in the Psalm right? Forgive me I'm dense at times 🙂 Psalm 37 was written by David. David is exhorting the righteous to trust in God. God will bring about the destruction of the wicked. The righteous appear to be those who wait and trust in God at least as far as I can see in this Psalm. I don't s ...[text shortened]... ial insight on who these righteous are except that they indeed wait and trust God.

Manny
you do not think that it is significant, that David under inspiration states that they will reside, not in heaven, but on the earth, not for a lifetime, but forever! you do not think that is significant, mmm, i wonder why?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Jul 09

Ok it says they will inherit the land forever. Honestly I think where God is that is where heaven is. Where God's throne is to me that would be Heaven. If on Earth than so be it! The New Jerusalem mentioned in revelation comes down out of Heaven right? Then God makes His Dwelling to be among men. I don't see that much of a distinction like everyone else does. The righteous will be all of those who Dwell in this new heaven's and earth. I Think that the New Jerusalem will be like God's capital on this new earth. I believe that God's light will shine out in all directions for all to see and no matter how far you go you will always be in God's light. (sounds strange) Of course this will be all of the righteous. However God is the one who makes one righteous to begin with. I honestly believe we can't be righteous at least to God's standard. It's His righteousness.

Manny

rc

Moves
13 Jul 09

Ok it says they will inherit the land forever. Honestly I think where God is that is where heaven is. Where God's throne is to me that would be Heaven. If on Earth than so be it! The New Jerusalem mentioned in revelation comes down out of Heaven right? Then God makes His Dwelling to be among men. I don't see that much of a distinction like everyone else doe ...[text shortened]... eve we can't be righteous at least to God's standard. It's His righteousness.

Manny
so let me get this straight manny, you believe, according to your knowledge, that the earth shall become a paradise. if so, you are one of the first ever christians i have met who realised this. is it not amazing, an earthly paradise?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Jul 09

Ok yes 🙂 A New heaven and a new earth. Where God will Dwell among man. Revelation says as much. Heaven will then be there where God is!

d

Moves
13 Jul 09

Ok yes 🙂 A New heaven and a new earth. Where God will Dwell among man. Revelation says as much. Heaven will then be there where God is!
What about this quote "Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away"?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Jul 09

The Grass withers and the flower fades but the Word of god stands forever?

Isaiah something can't remember.

Manny

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you do not think that it is significant, that David under inspiration states that they will reside, not in heaven, but on the earth, not for a lifetime, but forever! you do not think that is significant, mmm, i wonder why?
If you lived forever in this body ,under these physical conditions, wouldn't that be defined as 'hell' in some ways? I sure as hell wouldn't want to stay in this physical vehicle for eternity!
What about the aging process? Do we look like kids or adults for eternity?

d

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
If you lived forever in this body ,under these physical conditions, wouldn't that be defined as 'hell' in some ways? I sure as hell wouldn't want to stay in this physical vehicle for eternity!
Some say we shall be in our prime in eternity.

Where does David say we shall be on Earth for Eternity?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Some say we shall be in our prime in eternity.

Where does David say we shall be on Earth for Eternity?
ask your pal,robbie.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 Jul 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yeah that would suck being trapped in our physical bodies forever.

Manny