The Christian problem

The Christian problem

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Why does an intelligent man like KJ reason so unintelligently? That's what I'm wonder. It is really a paradox.

Hitler was also intelligent, but yet so full of evil. He should realize that jews had a value in his country, not worth wiping out. So (again the same paradox) why was an intelligent man like Hitler reason so unintelligently?

The latest poi ...[text shortened]... t us to analyze his intellignece. I just answer the question, I wouldn't do it otherwise.
he already said noah brought only baby dinos. and that all animals were vegans before the flood. so there, apologize to kelly now, you heathen.

F

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
he already said noah brought only baby dinos. and that all animals were vegans before the flood. so there, apologize to kelly now, you heathen.
Me, apologize KJ for being wrong? When he invent things up? Sorry... 😀

I wouldn't be near a baby T-Rex longing for its mother, not even 65 million of years ago 🙂

I'm still waiting for his proofs of the dinos drawing in cave walls. If he cannot produce one, he doesn't need to apologize. Anti-scientific people rarely do anyway.

j

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Me, apologize KJ for being wrong? When he invent things up? Sorry... 😀

I wouldn't be near a baby T-Rex longing for its mother, not even 65 million of years ago 🙂

I'm still waiting for his proofs of the dinos drawing in cave walls. If he cannot produce one, he doesn't need to apologize. Anti-scientific people rarely do anyway.
If KJ turned out to be wrong how would this effect your belief in Jesus Christ ?

Would the failure of proof of man and dinosuars living together persuade you that you are not in need of Christ's saving salvation ?

The really important issue of the Bible, would it be effected by a failure in interpretation of this matter of dinos and people on earth?

Will you come before God on the last judgment and say - "Well God I did not repent of my sins and believe in Jesus the Savior because I just couldn't take this matter of the T-Rex and a man being in a boat together. I decided that if this is what the Bible taught then I must not be a sinner in need of redemption and forgiveness. So I didn't believe in Christ for eternal life."

Please, receive Jesus the Lord and Savior and worry about the T-Rex latter.

F

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by jaywill
If KJ turned out to be wrong how would this effect your belief in Jesus Christ ?

Would the failure of proof of man and dinosuars living together persuade you that you are not in need of Christ's saving salvation ?

The really important issue of the Bible, would it be effected by a failure in interpretation of this matter of dinos and people on earth ...[text shortened]... ."

[b]Please,
receive Jesus the Lord and Savior and worry about the T-Rex latter.[/b]
Just let's stay on topic.

I don't know that even Jesus said anything about dinosaurs in the ark.
Even god would laugh when he hears about KJ's belief of dinos in the ark. What sould he say? Perhaps "Well, satan has his ways to persuade non-thinking people to anything."

I laugh too... 😀

Z

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by jaywill

The really important issue of the Bible, would it be effected by a failure in interpretation of this matter of dinos and people on earth ...[text shortened]... ."

[b]Please,
receive Jesus the Lord and Savior and worry about the T-Rex latter.[/b]
you kind of hit the nail in the head. science is not important for the message of jesus. who cares that the world was created in 6 or 15 billion years when it comes to redemption, to living like a christian. so why to the YECs consider genesis so important? if the message of jesus is the only thing important from the bible, why do we care about genesis and the genocides and tyrrany from numbers and leviticus etc? why do yecs use a thousand year old book to justify worldly matters when the age of the earth doesn't interfere with jesus's message?

Cape Town

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
why do yecs use a thousand year old book to justify worldly matters when the age of the earth doesn't interfere with jesus's message?
Because if you get picky and only choose the bits you like then you don't really need any of the book at all. All you are really doing is using the book to bolster your already held opinions. One problem with that is you soon forget that you are doing what you genuinely believe to be right and think you are doing the will of Jesus and then you get creative and try to cheat. If you simply admit from the beginning that doing right is what you want then you will never go against your own principles.

Z

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
Because if you get picky and only choose the bits you like then you don't really need any of the book at all. All you are really doing is using the book to bolster your already held opinions. One problem with that is you soon forget that you are doing what you genuinely believe to be right and think you are doing the will of Jesus and then you get creativ ...[text shortened]... beginning that doing right is what you want then you will never go against your own principles.
i don't agree. there is no absolute truth, we always choose the bits we like and that doesn't mean a book is flawed and should be tossed in the garbage. it simply means it must be adjusted.

jesus message is a good thing. the first chapters on genesis, floods and genocide are not. are we supposed to ignore the good stuff as well because the idiotic first chapter?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
If you understand the science of modern-day cosmology you should understand that modern-day cosmology does not say nor imply in any way that the universe came into existence by an “accident”.
The main-stream big bang theory kind of implies that the berth of the universe was not a “caused event” nor even an “uncaused event” for it wasn’t even an “ev ...[text shortened]... us don’t erroneously believe that the universe had to be created by some kind of “big accident”.
You think your wordplay solves the problem?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by buckky
I see the problem with Christianity as being, it has turned off thinking individuals from even sticking their toe in the spiritual arena. A smart friend of mine claims to be an athiest because Christianity is so nut's in so many ways, and God must be a fictional character because the Christian's paint such a looney tune vision of diety. There is great big wo ...[text shortened]... incomprenensible to me just as much as the Christian story that does not charm me in any way.
Let me put it this way....

There are 100's of things that many people think that they have to believe in order to be a Christian ranging from a real Adam and Eve through to some pearly gated heaven with a man in a white beard. They are not neccessary.

CS LEWIS probably said the most important but subtle thing on the whole crisis of Christian belief when he said "the God I believe in is not the god you don't believe in"

His point is that there's a huge issue around perception here.

rural North Dakota

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
Let me put it this way....

There are 100's of things that many people think that they have to believe in order to be a Christian ranging from a real Adam and Eve through to some pearly gated heaven with a man in a white beard. They are not neccessary.

CS LEWIS probably said the most important but subtle thing on the whole crisis of Christian bel ...[text shortened]... god you don't believe in"

His point is that there's a huge issue around perception here.
I had not read that quotation from C. S. Lewis before, but it says exactly what I have thought many times, and was pondering again last evening when I was reading the postings of non-Christians. It is impossible for us to grasp the complexities of our God. Yet, He has made His plan of salvation so simple that even a young child can grasp it. The unbeliever thinks that we are picturing an old man in a white beard, while we see that God the Father is the Force behind all that is created. He has no beginning and no end, because as Jaywill states, He said " I AM". He always was. Our minds cannot comprehend this. He does not expect us to. But He gave us His Son so that He could bring his message to us...the Good News. He spoke through chosen men for centuries to enable them to have hope in deliverance through this Savior. And Jesus was God in the flesh. Do I understand this? Not really. But I believe it.