the bible is immoral

the bible is immoral

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If you don't get it the first time, then you make me repeat it until you understand how bizarre it is to worship such a bastard of a god.

You defend a murderer?! Do you defend Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and any other massmurderer too? Why not? Because of the said once was amateurs and your god is a proffessional murderer?

What a bastard... 😲
look there was a Biblical text provided, please comment upon the text, it was provided for a reason. No repeating something is simply indicative of one deviod of reason.

Z

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Hitler was a human who acted upon human principles and who implemented human thinking, that of course being social Darwinism, of which you atheists are both want to forget and distance yourselves from, which is hardly surprising.
what is both surprising and alarming is that you DO NOT want to distance yourself from the genocide of jericho. or of the flood.

Z

Moves
20 Jan 11

But he killed an entire world population (except eight) and you defend this murderer? Do you defend Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot too? God (according to the bible) was worse than all these murderers put together!

The Christian god is a bastard!

Edit: And now I saw your words: "Hitler was a human who acted upon human principles and who implemented human thinking,". I just cannot believe it! Who are you JWers anyway?
"The Christian god is a bastard!"

correction, the old testament god is portrayed as a bastard. as long as you understand the differences and don't give into your fundamentalism, it's ok

ish.

F

Moves
20 Jan 11

look there was a Biblical text provided, please comment upon the text, it was provided for a reason. No repeating something is simply indicative of one deviod of reason.
A good defence would have been something like "Oh, the flooding never was, it's just a legend, a myth among all the others myths in the bible. Don't take that too seriously." But, no, you read the bible, letter by letter, thinking that everything is true, and [dogma] god is good [/dogma] then he did the flooding for a reason, and [dogma] the reason was good [/dogma].

The flooding was never there, robbie, it just wasn't there. It's a myth, a legend. With this at hand you can continue to worship your god, I don't mind.

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
what is both surprising and alarming is that you DO NOT want to distance yourself from the genocide of jericho. or of the flood.
You see Zhalanzi, i am a Christian, when Jesus Christ says of Gods word the Bible, 'your word is truth', I tend to believe him. Secondly i am not a God, yes i do not understand fully why some actions which appear difficult to reconcile happened, but i trust that God knows why.

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

A good defence would have been something like "Oh, the flooding never was, it's just a legend, a myth among all the others myths in the bible. Don't take that too seriously." But, no, you read the bible, letter by letter, thinking that everything is true, and [dogma] god is good [/dogma] then he did the flooding for a reason, and [dogma] the reason was go ...[text shortened]... s a myth, a legend. With this at hand you can continue to worship your god, I don't mind.
weak , whimpy and watered down, yes lets water down the scriptures, pansies!

Christ says of Gods word, 'your word is truth', and i believe that Christ did not utter a single lie! perhaps you can point out where Christ uttered a lie? No so its either your word, or the word of Jesus, mmmm, Fabian or Jesus, difficult that one!

and i notice that you are still slithering around and refraining from commenting on the Biblical text, until you do so, you can have no recourse to serious debate!

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11
2 edits

What is interesting from all of this, is that the Bible states, that a much greater catastrophe in terms of human suffering awaits those who reject the Christ, making the flood, Jericho and Sodom and Gomorrah appear to be drops in the ocean by comparison. i say this not as some kind of threat, its merely a recorded Biblical event.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 Jan 11
2 edits

What is interesting from all of this, is that the Bible states, that a much greater catastrophe in terms of human suffering awaits those who reject the Christ, making the flood, Jericho and Sodom and Gomorrah appear to be drops in the ocean by comparison. i say this not as some kind of threat, its merely a recorded Biblical event.
ooh do tell!

Does it involve eternal torture?
Perhaps a world so over populated they have to be fed on God given magic-food and magically squashed together before some great catastrophe occurs (such that Jericho would be a drop in th ocean)?

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Ah yes...your god is a magic murderer so exempt from being a dick!...yeah right 😕

We atheists have nothing to feel guilty about.
Agers please try to keep it together!

Z

Moves
20 Jan 11

I have already made my statements with regard to Jericho, the error was their own, they hardened themselves against the Israelites, i mean they were only camped on the other side of the Jordan for weeks, they could have sued for peace, as the Gibeonites had done and been spared, they could have retreated into the interior of Palestine, but nooo, they ...[text shortened]... treated entirely with mercy, perhaps you would like to point out where God acted unrighteously?
dude, god presented the land of jericho to abe 400 years prior. he said they were not evil enough but they are getting there. he allowed them to go downhill without sending them prophets, teaching them, etc.

there are instances in the bible where god himself "hardens" the hearts of heathens just so he has the opportunity to test his bio weapons of mass destructions, like he did with pharaoh.

job's entire family was killed so as to prove satan he is faithful. you call that mercy?
"yeh, i know job is a good guy, and i am god i don't need to answer to anyone, especially to satan, buuut i am bored and satan is too so fuk job. ok lucy , give it your best shot, but leave the dude alive, i have need for him later. maybe. i think. meh, who cares"
we are not talking about a dude in tornado country, crying his home was destroyed but realizing it was an act of nature. we are talking about a sentient being, deliberately coming and destroying his house and killing his family. this is no longer an act of nature but a deliberate criminal act.

oh and about your mercy: what does god do to make the ouchie better? he gives job OTHER sons, OTHER daughters, OTHER servants (oh yeh, he killed the servants too). which just goes to show that in the eyes of god, humans are interchangeable nameless cardboard figures.
in total, let's say that about 50 people had to die, in order to prove to a guy god didn't like something that god already knew. just so god could give satan the finger after his horse (job) won.

is that freakin mercy?

NOTE: Get this: god is not cruel. God is kind. but humans are stupid. humans couldn't get "praise the lord your god because he gave you life, even when things aren't going well for you". no, humans had to be given a story, the story of job, so they could get the message better, so their stoneage moronic minds wouldn't forget. thats the moral of the story. job is not real, god doesn't kill people over bets with satan, god isn't buddies with satan. either the last sentence is true, or we are fuked.

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by Agerg
ooh do tell!

Does it involve eternal torture?
Perhaps a world so over populated they have to be fed on God given magic-food and magically squashed together before some great catastrophe occurs (such that Jericho would be a drop in th ocean)?
it simply states that a great tribulation awaits humankind, of which some details are given, though not many, and well, that many persons will perish.

Z

Moves
20 Jan 11

You see Zhalanzi, i am a Christian, when Jesus Christ says of Gods word the Bible, 'your word is truth', I tend to believe him. Secondly i am not a God, yes i do not understand fully why some actions which appear difficult to reconcile happened, but i trust that God knows why.
you know god might be testing you right? it happened before. god could put so much attrocities in the bible just to test your heart. to see what you think of him.

so it seems this is what you think of him. that god willingly kills small children?
i choose not to believe that filth. i only believe that god is kind. you see, when to claims are contradictory, one of them at least is false. i believe i am to one who passed this test and you are the one who failed. just as abraham failed on his test.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 Jan 11

Agers please try to keep it together!
Robbie; your response went along the lines of
Ah yes...Hitler was a dick but he was a human. Now my best friend on the other hand, he's made of twinkle dust and so no matter how many people he kills and tortures my god can never be a dick...evah!!!

You really are on to a loser here! 🙄

Z

Moves
20 Jan 11

weak , whimpy and watered down, yes lets water down the scriptures, pansies!

Christ says of Gods word, 'your word is truth', and i believe that Christ did not utter a single lie! perhaps you can point out where Christ uttered a lie? No so its either your word, or the word of Jesus, mmmm, Fabian or Jesus, difficult that one!

and i notice tha ...[text shortened]... commenting on the Biblical text, until you do so, you can have no recourse to serious debate!
god's word is truth. just that waht happened at jericho isn't god's word. very simple, no contradiction with jesus.

so many texts were lost. so many texts got into the bible that shouldn't have. it is stupid to believe god won't come down from heaven to save 100k people from a tsunami but he would smack someone over the head for putting horror stories in the bible.

that is one of the reasons god sent jesus on earth. to correct all that filth that made it among his true words.

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
dude, god presented the land of jericho to abe 400 years prior. he said they were not evil enough but they are getting there. he allowed them to go downhill without sending them prophets, teaching them, etc.

there are instances in the bible where god himself "hardens" the hearts of heathens just so he has the opportunity to test his bio weapons of mass god isn't buddies with satan. either the last sentence is true, or we are fuked.
yes there are instances in which God allows the individuals to harden their hearts, but it is their own doing, not Gods. As for Job, it was Satan who killed his family, not God, and no doubt Job will see his other sons and daughters in the resurrection, for as Christ stated, all righteous are living to God. It was not just so God could give Satan the finger as you so eloquently put it, I have already detailed that it served to illustrate certain universal principles.