The best evidence

The best evidence

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06

This passage of Ezekiel is rather embarassing to the "Tyre was destroyed according to the prophecy" folks:

29:17 In the twenty-seventh year, in the first month, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came to me: 29:18 "Son of man, Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon made his army labor hard against Tyre; every head was made bald and every shoulder was rubbed bare; [b] yet neither he nor his army got anything from Tyre to pay for the labor that he had performed against it.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Feb 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Christian re-writing of history is always an interesting fantasy. Tyre was built both on the island and the adjoining mainland. Freaky's take is...
Your idiocy is only surpassed by your obstinance. Acccording to you, harmonic history is a conspiracy of Christian fantasy. Why don't you get back to chasing ambulances and defending pedophiles?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Your idiocy is only surpassed by your obstinance. Acccording to you, harmonic history is a conspiracy of Christian fantasy. Why don't you get back to chasing ambulances and defending pedophiles?
A typical reply from you. Your assertions were shown to be utter BS, so you drop down to rather inane personal attacks. GTFU, loser.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Feb 06

A typical reply from you. Your assertions were shown to be utter BS, so you drop down to rather inane personal attacks. GTFU, loser.
As soon as you start to spout some facts, winner. Stick to the script, if able.

l

London

Moves
26 Feb 06

Pot ... kettle ... black.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06

As soon as you start to spout some facts, winner. Stick to the script, if able.
FACT: Tyre was an island city and a mainland city from its inception.

FACT: Approx. 400 years before the Babylonian attack, the King of Tyre was building palaces on the island.

FACT: Ezekiel himself concedes that the Babylonians failed to profit from the campaign against Tyre. Since the city was a rich trading port, if the Babylonians had taken the main city, then would have profited immensely.

Got any FACTS to put up or is your script totally fictional?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Pot ... kettle ... black.
GFY. You've never shown a single assertion I've made to be BS, while you have had to retract numerous false factual claims. That still leaves many lies that you cling to, however.

l

London

Moves
26 Feb 06

GFY. You've never shown a single assertion I've made to be BS, while you have had to retract numerous false factual claims. That still leaves many lies that you cling to, however.
As I said once before - whatever you need to keep your ego intact.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06

As I said once before - whatever you need to keep your ego intact.
The truth works fine for me. You should give it a try, for variety if nothing else.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Feb 06

Got any FACTS to put up or is your script totally fictional?
Here's a couple of them there facts that you seem intent to overlook.

"Early in the sixth century B.C. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, laid siege to the walled city for thirteen years. Tyre stood firm, but it was probable that at this time the residents of the mainland city abandoned it for the safety of the island."

"In 332 B.C. Alexander the Great set out to conquer this strategic coastal base in the war between the Greeks and the Persians. Unable to storm the city, he blockaded Tyre for seven months. Again Tyre held on. But the conqueror used the debris of the abandoned mainland city to build a causeway and once within reach of the city walls, Alexander used his siege engines to batter and finally breach the fortifications. It is said thatAlexander was so enraged at the Tyrians' defense and the loss of his men that he destroyed half the city. The town's 30,000 residents were massacred or sold into slavery. Tyre and the whole of ancient Syria fell under Roman rule in 64 B.C.."
- http://www.middleeast.com/tyre.htm

Hmm. That's weird. No contradiction from the passage of Scripture cited. Must be the source.

l

London

Moves
26 Feb 06

The truth works fine for me. You should give it a try, for variety if nothing else.
If I had a problem with the truth, you would hardly see me apologise if I get things wrong, would you?

You, on the other hand ...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06

Here's a couple of them there facts that you seem intent to overlook.

"Early in the sixth century B.C. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, laid siege to the walled city for thirteen years. Tyre stood firm, but it was probable that at this time the residents of the mainland city abandoned it for the safety of the island."

"In 332 B.C. Alexander the Great ...[text shortened]... hat's weird. No contradiction from the passage of Scripture cited. Must be the source.
I'm referring to the Babylonian seige, not Alexander's. I'm sure the residents of the mainland did retire to the main island city. However, Tyre was not anywhere near destroyed as Ezekiel implicitly concedes in 29:18.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06
1 edit

If I had a problem with the truth, you would hardly see me apologise if I get things wrong, would you?

You, on the other hand ...
Stop trying to provoke a flame war; if you have no lies to add to the discussion we can safely assume you won't be taking part.

EDIT: Actually you never apologize when it is shown that you have made untruthful factual assertions over and over again; we get a "fair enough" or "I'll retract that claim for now". The sheer volume of times you have had to do this shows your utter inability and/or unwillingness to put any effort into discerning the truth of the things you claim.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Feb 06

I'm referring to the Babylonian seige, not Alexander's. I'm sure the residents of the mainland did retire to the main island city. However, Tyre was not anywhere near destroyed as Ezekiel implicitly concedes in 29:18.
You mean, the part that history concedes, that Tyre wasn't completely wiped out by Nebby, and further, that the waxing came at the hands of Alex?
Or, do you mean that Nebby didn't receive the bounty deserved? Yeah, that's what you wanted to say, as seen in the proper context:

"Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon drove his army in a hard campaign against Tyre; every head was rubbed bare and every shoulder made raw. Yet he and his army got no reward from the campaign he led against Tyre. Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am going to give Egypt to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he will carry off its wealth. He will loot and plunder the land as pay for his army. I have given him Egypt as a reward for his efforts because he and his army did it for me, declares the Sovereign LORD."

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Feb 06
1 edit

You mean, the part that history concedes, that Tyre wasn't completely wiped out by Nebby, and further, that the waxing came at the hands of Alex?
Or, do you mean that Nebby didn't receive the bounty deserved? Yeah, that's what you wanted to say, as seen in the proper context:

"Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon drove his army in a hard campaig ...[text shortened]... reward for his efforts because he and his army did it for me, declares the Sovereign LORD."
The prophecy was that Nebby would completely wipe out the City of Tyre; which he didn't. "No reward" means just that not "didn't receive the bounty he deserved".

[b] The hoofs of his horses will trample all your streets; he will kill your people with the sword, and your strong pillars will fall to the ground. 12 They will plunder your wealth and loot your merchandise; they will break down your walls and demolish your fine houses and throw your stones, timber and rubble into the sea. 13 I will put an end to your noisy songs, and the music of your harps will be heard no more. 14 I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.