the 2nd comming of christ is it near

the 2nd comming of christ is it near"????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Sep 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, I'm afraid I don't get the pun.
So what am I ignorant about? What do scientific findings in 10 years time have to do with it? If the frequency of earthquakes is statistically higher now, then it is higher now. We shouldn't need to wait 10 years for scientists to work out the math.
We didn't know much about the mechanisms of earthquakes 100 years ago, tectonics wasn't discovered, the Richter-scale wasn't invented, we can approximate what happened but there was no scientific recordings at the time, therefore it is a lot of guessworks here. Scientists know this.

Why are fundamentalists relying so much about science when it's going their way, but denying it so heavily when it goes another way? Why bringing up scientists guesswork as the ultimate truths when it's about earth-quakes, when the hard labour about fossils is totally rejected? It's basically the same scientific methodology, isn't it?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
17 Sep 10

This fabrication that jesus is coming back, is silly and it was put out there to make all the naughty little girls and boys behave......because you never no when jesus might turn up, so beeee good, and say your prays every night because you dont want to end up in the lake of fire...do you.

And dont forget to run off to the church every Sunday and put 10% of your income into the plate, to hedge against that lake of fire.

Really now, the man jesus is not coming back, and theres no judgement, this is another ploy by the church to scare you into joining them (stop the nonsense) please.

How is it that grown adults believe all this nonsense, is it because christianity is a meat eaters scripture and you are allowed to kill animals and eat their rotting flesh?

A real religious person, first of all doesnt eat the flesh of animals, it is the greatest wrong doing and is spiritual suicide, but christian teachings wouldn,t know this because their scripture is bogus. (remember Thou shalt not kill)

vishva

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by vishvahetu
This fabrication that jesus is coming back, is silly and it was put out there to make all the naughty little girls and boys behave......because you never no when jesus might turn up, so beeee good, and say your prays every night because you dont want to end up in the lake of fire...do you.

And dont forget to run off to the church every Sunday and put 1 ...[text shortened]... s wouldn,t know this because their scripture is bogus. (remember Thou shalt not kill)

vishva
Eating animals is not as bad as you make out. It's not spiritual sucide. It just incurrs more karma than eating vegetables. I'm more interested in the treatment of animals when they're alive. Eating animals that have happy lives produces less bad karma.

j

Moves
17 Sep 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Eating animals is not as bad as you make out. It's not spiritual sucide. It just incurrs more karma than eating vegetables. I'm more interested in the treatment of animals when they're alive. Eating animals that have happy lives produces less bad karma.
How is it that "bad Karma" got introduced into the universe in the first place ?

rc

Moves
17 Sep 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
(Matthew 24:3-14) . . .While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be [b]the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”  

And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you;  for many will come on t ...[text shortened]... hed[/b] in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.[/b]
no they are not a contradiction, they are a visible sign of Christs presence.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
17 Sep 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Have you ever wondered why in India they respect the cow and do not kill her, well its because the Vedic scriptures teach us that the cow is like a mother (in India they call her mother cow)
because the cow is an animal in the mode of goodness (a pig is in the mode of ignorance) and she lives a simple life and just eats grass and gives man milk.

From milk you can get cream, butter, ghee, yogurt, curd, cheese and of course milk (isnt that wonderfull).....so if you slaughter the cow to eat her, then you are committing spiritual suicide and you will not make any spiritual advancement towards self realization, and when you take birth in your next life, it will not be auspicious.

The cows in slaughter houses, can smell the death and are fearfull, and this cause suffering to them ( it is sinfull )

If a person cannot see the difference between a potatoe and a cow, then their intelligence is defective.

When whole countries condone slaughter houses to mass kill the cow, then the whole country gets the collective karma, and from that you get earthquakes, floods, drouts, cyclonic weather ect.

vishva

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Sep 10

Have you ever wondered why in India they respect the cow and do not kill her, well its because the Vedic scriptures teach us that the cow is like a mother (in India they call her mother cow)
because the cow is an animal in the mode of goodness (a pig is in the mode of ignorance) and she lives a simple life and just eats grass and gives man milk.

From ...[text shortened]... ective karma, and from that you get earthquakes, floods, drouts, cyclonic weather ect.

vishva
When whole countries condone slaughter houses to mass kill the cow, then the whole country gets the collective karma, and from that you get earthquakes, floods, drouts, cyclonic weather ect.

Well we've been eating beef in the UK for millenia, we don't have earthquakes, rarely have floods, drouts and cyclonic weather (not sure what that means). I think the same can be said for most of Europe. So i'm afraind you're speculative theory doesn't stand the test of the evidence......................but hey!!! Why let that get in the way?!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
17 Sep 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]When whole countries condone slaughter houses to mass kill the cow, then the whole country gets the collective karma, and from that you get earthquakes, floods, drouts, cyclonic weather ect.

Well we've been eating beef in the UK for millenia, we don't have earthquakes, rarely have floods, drouts and cyclonic weather (not sure what that means). ...[text shortened]... tand the test of the evidence......................but hey!!! Why let that get in the way?![/b]
I put the word "ect" to cover all the other things that a country may experience as a collective whole, so Iam sorry I didnt spoon feed you by typing another 100 things that could possibly be experienced through the process of collective karma.

Look you should really get rid of your fault finding attitude because it doesnt serve you, but makes you seem like you,ll just throw out any comment, as long as it denies the truth of the matter.

Whats the cancer rate in the UK like?...is it high, because eating meat is a direct cause of cancer in the body.

Collective karma for a state or country is a absolute truth (not speculation) and because Mr properknob doesn,t know of these things is no surprise to me.

vishva

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Sep 10

I put the word "ect" to cover all the other things that a country may experience as a collective whole, so Iam sorry I didnt spoon feed you by typing another 100 things that could possibly be experienced through the process of collective karma.

Look you should really get rid of your fault finding attitude because it doesnt serve you, but makes you seem ...[text shortened]... lation) and because Mr properknob doesn,t know of these things is no surprise to me.

vishva
Whats the cancer rate in the UK like?...is it high, because eating meat is a direct cause of cancer in the body.

You really don't know what you're talking about do you? Eating meat doesn't cause cancer, what utter drivel. I don't fault find, i just can't help but point out the absurdity of your comments that you seem to believe are true.

India, which is a largely vegetarian country, has some of the highest cancer rates in the world. Google it, then come back to me with your revised hypothesis.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
17 Sep 10

[b]Whats the cancer rate in the UK like?...is it high, because eating meat is a direct cause of cancer in the body.

You really don't know what you're talking about do you? Eating meat doesn't cause cancer, what utter drivel. I don't fault find, i just can't help but point out the absurdity of your comments that you seem to believe are true.

Ind ...[text shortened]... st cancer rates in the world. Google it, then come back to me with your revised hypothesis.[/b]
I am not doing this tit for tat with you, like last time.

Did I say that eating meat is the only cause of cancer.......no i didnt! so what is it with you, and that stupid statement you just made.

Your digging youself into a deeper hole of dumbness every time i correspond with you, because you are a fool number one, and without any scrap of insight or knowledge, you go against anything that you cant get your small twisted brain around

Correspodence terminated.

vishva

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Sep 10

Did I say that eating meat is the only cause of cancer.......no i didnt! so what is it with you, and that stupid statement you just made.

Your digging youself into a deeper hole of dumbness every time i correspond with you, because you are a fool number one, and without any scrap of insight o ...[text shortened]... nything that you cant get your small twisted brain around

Correspodence terminated.

vishva

This is called debating, this is what we do here in this forum.

Your problem is that you have a massive ego, and like to think that you are an all knowing sage and everyone should bow down to your superior knowledge. Problem is, you don't know your arse from your elbow, and instead of coming across as an all knowing sage, you come across as an obnoxious idiot.

When your claims are called into question, instead of trying to back them up or reason them, you resort to name calling, throw your toys out the pram like a big baby and then say 'i'm not talking to you anymore'.

rc

Moves
17 Sep 10

[b]I am not doing this tit for tat with you, like last time.

This is called debating, this is what we do here in this forum.

Your problem is that you have a massive ego, and like to think that you are an all knowing sage and everyone should bow down to your superior knowledge. Problem is, you don't know your arse from your elbow, and instead o ...[text shortened]... your toys out the pram like a big baby and then say 'i'm not talking to you anymore'.[/b]
goo goo goo goo!

g

kent

Moves
17 Sep 10

And dont forget to run off to the church every Sunday and put 1 ...[text shortened]... s wouldn,t know this because their scripture is bogus. (remember Thou shalt not kill)

vishva
And you will also crap your pants when he does!

B

Moves
17 Sep 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, I'm afraid I don't get the pun.
So what am I ignorant about? What do scientific findings in 10 years time have to do with it? If the frequency of earthquakes is statistically higher now, then it is higher now. We shouldn't need to wait 10 years for scientists to work out the math.
&has_verified=1

Holes In Heaven: H.A.A.R.P. and Advances inTelsa Technology

P

weedhopper

Moves
17 Sep 10

To answer the poster's question, Christ's return has been confirmed by the Bible, so most Christians believe it is a fact that He will return. As to when, no one knows. And it won't be to scoop up believers and leave the rest to fend for themselves and try to form militia groups (like the Left Behind book series) so that He can come yet AGAIN (a THIRD coming??).

No, Christ's return will herald an end to this world, the beginning of the new, and the judgement of the Lord. Period---boom, just like that.