1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 10:031 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You claimed you were a Christian, so you left God, turned away from the One who
    is the Truth, to create all your own truth as you eat the apple and now oppose the
    very one who created you. You now deny everything anyone tells you that doesn't
    fit your opinion telling everyone how the truth in their lives is nothing while you
    seem to think everything you believe because you desire them to be is true.
    I am an agnostic atheist, if that's what you're getting at. I have made no secret of it, so it's a bit silly of you to think that I am going to share your belief in Christ and even more silly of you to think that my lack of belief in Christ is somehow me "lying".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 10:091 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Your opinion is only good between your ears if everyone's opinion is all there is.
    That is not how we behave; we study the universe around us because we know
    that reality carries something in it that we should know, then our opinions as we
    speculate it should lead us to knowledge greater than us.
    Your opinion that your speculation about the universe has led you to what you claim is "knowledge that is greater than us" is just that - an opinion - and it is nothing more than a function of cognition - stuff "between your ears", as you put it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 10:16
    @kellyjay said
    How can anyone enjoy heaven when there are people in hell for whatever they did?
    Is the "heaven" you envisage, in your thought exercise, some kind of communal place where everyone is aware of who else is there and aware of who didn't 'end up' there?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 10:43
    @fmf said
    I am not being a hypocrite at all. You're not using the word correctly. If you are constantly belittling yourself with the silly things you say, no wonder you perceive me as arrogant.
    In your opinion!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 10:48
    @kellyjay said
    In your opinion!
    We are both merely sharing our personal opinions.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 10:58
    @kellyjay said
    No matter how some
    feel one way or another, reality is what it is; Jesus is who He is no matter how
    much you deny Him now; the One you once loved now argue against from
    Christian to Anti-Christ, what a journey you have made.
    Yawn to your "Anti-Christ" banter. You are too cowardly to discuss it.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 11:27
    @fmf said
    We are both merely sharing our personal opinions.
    So there isn’t anything that can be said about anything that doesn’t point to truth only opinions?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 13:14
    @kellyjay said
    So there isn’t anything that can be said about anything that doesn’t point to truth only opinions?
    Not claims about what you call "the truth" regarding supernatural beings and phenomena, no. Neither you, nor me.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 13:15
    @fmf said
    Not claims about what you call "the truth" regarding supernatural beings and phenomena, no. Neither you, nor me.
    According to you!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 13:23
    @kellyjay said
    According to you!
    According to the meaning of the words subjective and objective in the English language.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 13:40
    @kellyjay said
    According to you!
    As a finite human being with no way to definitively validate your beliefs, it is fundamentally impossible for you to make any truth claims.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 15:58
    @fmf said
    According to the meaning of the words subjective and objective in the English language.
    According to you
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 15:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    As a finite human being with no way to definitively validate your beliefs, it is fundamentally impossible for you to make any truth claims.
    So why are you entering the conversation?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 16:03
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You are correct that the finite can not grasp the infinite but the infinite/eternal can touch the finite which is the discussion.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 16:27
    @kellyjay said
    So why are you entering the conversation?
    To highlight the absurdity of your position.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree