Teuflesberg

Teuflesberg

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

Will everyone please pray that Teuflesberg wins the Kentucky Derby today. God bless you.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
Will everyone please pray that Teuflesberg wins the Kentucky Derby today. God bless you.
Lord, if it be your will, fill Teuflesberg's jockey with the spirit to whip that beast something furious, as if he were driving Heaven's chariot itself, the very one that carried Elijah home. Amen.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Lord, if it be your will, fill Teuflesberg's jockey with the spirit to whip that beast something furious, as if he were driving Heaven's chariot itself, the very one that carried Elijah home. Amen.
How can he lose with a prayer like that!

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 07

That sounds diabolic.

w

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

Lord, if kirksey decides to share his winnings with all who post on this thread, please let him win the Derby!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by whodey
Lord, if kirksey decides to share his winnings with all who post on this thread, please let him win the Derby!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
Count your blessings and be thankful for what you have. The wisdom the Reverend shares daily in this forum is more valuable than any share of the prize money.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 May 07

They better fodder the mudders...

T

Moves
05 May 07
2 edits

The concepts of praying for personal or material gain confuses me. What's up with that? You seem to have hit the "daily double" with this one. Compounded with enlisting the help of others....

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
The concepts of praying for personal or material gain confuses me. What's up with that? You seem to have hit the "daily double" with this one. Compounded with enlisting the help of others....
There is no personal or material gain on this for me. It is all spiritual gain. I was captivated by the story of this young female trainer who as a little girl was asked what she wanted to do when she grew up. She said she wanted to ride in the Kentucky Derby. She was told that she should try to do something else with her life. She has a "dime store" horse that cost $9,000. She is up against Nieman Marcus horses. Jesus told a parable about the "pearl of great price" and I think this story sort of fits into that mold.

T

Moves
05 May 07

There is no personal or material gain on this for me. It is all spiritual gain. I was captivated by the story of this young female trainer who as a little girl was asked what she wanted to do when she grew up. She said she wanted to ride in the Kentucky Derby. She was told that she should try to do something else with her life. She has a "dime store" ...[text shortened]... parable about the "pearl of great price" and I think this story sort of fits into that mold.
Appreciate the clarification.

Though I must admit that I'd include praying for "worldly achievement" as confusing also. ๐Ÿ™‚ So, if you'd be so kind: What's up with that?

I guess when it comes down to it, only prayers for spiritual guidance make sense to me. Or to a lesser degree, prayer of thanks for spiritual guidance that has been given.

DMM

USA

Moves
05 May 07

who cares about the Kentucky Derby anyway. BAH!๐Ÿ˜ 

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
That sounds diabolic.