Taboo

Taboo

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do what you like Kelly. I gave you a sample.
A sample of something that was rejected? Do you know why it was rejected?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do what you like Kelly. I gave you a sample.
Goggling it I got this just now.

Being an apocryphal work, the Gospel of Thomas is not included in the Bible. Its non-canonical status comes down to several reasons, but the most important one is that it contains heretical teachings. The book originates from a circle of early Christians who were influenced by a heresy known as Gnosticism.

Moves
15 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
A sample of something that was rejected? Do you know why it was rejected?
As indicated, not by the Catholics. Even the Pope has quoted from it.

Moves
15 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Goggling it I got this just now.

Being an apocryphal work, the Gospel of Thomas is not included in the Bible. Its non-canonical status comes down to several reasons, but the most important one is that it contains heretical teachings. The book originates from a circle of early Christians who were influenced by a heresy known as Gnosticism.
Perhaps if you Googled rather than Goggled you might find a better site.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
🙂 LOL, okay...if you find something different (better due to cause), let me know.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
As indicated, not by the Catholics. Even the Pope has quoted from it.
Bringing up the Catholic Pope doesn't move me towards anything; instead, it would cause me to lean away.

c

Moves
15 Jan 22

Moves
15 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
I raised the Gospel of Thomas as it is precisely 'on topic' revealing the early life of Jesus where he committed many sins. (Some of them quite shocking).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I just realized the window I used was Microsoft Bing, utterly different than google or goggle. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I raised the Gospel of Thomas as it is precisely 'on topic' revealing the early life of Jesus where he committed many sins. (Some of them quite shocking).
Well, and you think that lines up of with scripture that says Jesus never sinned?

c

Moves
15 Jan 22

c

Moves
15 Jan 22

c

Moves
15 Jan 22

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

You got your Jesus from a movie or book or someone talking about a movie or a book. If you want to pick your source, you like this one or that, so it is genuine enough to you; okay, you disagree with the Biblical Jesus.

The Jesus you believe in can do whatever you want him to; you are helping to make him up; he must be this and not that; there are a few different Jesus' preached on this site do not align with what the Bible says.

2 Corinthians

But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

Pushing a different Jesus or gospel is nothing new; it is being done here now just as it was back then.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 22

No, and this is important; why? You don't have to have sex to be tempted by it.