1. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 07:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know what I think about arguing over this. Both sides are right.
    Can you expand on that? How can both sides be right?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 09:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's not an "argument".

So your position on T Rex is that it was created by God as a meat-eater from day one in the garden of Eden...?

I don't see many paintings of Adam & Eve being chased through paradise by a 15 meter dinosaur with 6 inch teeth. 😛
    No.

You know, I'm just going to stop assuming that you actually *read* other people's posts, and that you really *are* absolutely as clueless as you make yourself seem.

I've written many times in this forum how the "creation vs. evolution" argument is monumentally stupid. Both sides are right, but neither side wants to give even a millimeter to the other side.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 10:491 edit
    No.

You know, I'm just going to stop assuming that you actually *read* other people's posts, and that you really *are* absolutely as clueless as you make yourself seem.

I've written many times in this forum how the "creation vs. evolution" argument is monumentally stupid. Both sides are right, but neither side wants to give even a millimeter to the other side.
    You started this exchange with me - if you don;t want to discuss it then why get involved? Just throwing petulant insults at me because you can't explain yourself is hardly a substitute for a proper response.

Meanwhile why don't you respond to twhitehead's question which is a fair one?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 13:001 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So, basically because other people are sceptical, you are also sceptical?

I have to note that at no point in that video is any actual scientific reason given why soft tissue could not survive a long time. All that is given is a lot of people expressing scepticism.
    So, basically because other people are sceptical, you are also sceptical?

"skeptical" - human error there.

Basically what I said was "You gotta wonder".

I have to note that at no point in that video is any actual scientific reason given why soft tissue could not survive a long time.

At one point in the video he said a debate over this was raging.
    Why was she reluctant to show her supervisor her findings if only a shrug should have been the scientific response ?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:29
    Originally posted by sonship
    At one point in the video he said a debate over this was raging.
    Correct. Yet no explanation as to why, and no scientific reasons given to support either side of 'debate'.

Why was she reluctant to show her supervisor her findings if only a shrug should have been the scientific response ?
    I don't know why she was reluctant to show her supervisor. It seems rather odd behaviour to me. Normally a finding that goes against the current understanding is jumped upon by scientists. Of course they are very careful not to draw too many conclusions too quickly. So a typical scientist would say that they have found interesting structures when the bones are treated a certain way, but would be reluctant to claim that they are blood vessels without further analysis.

Still, it remains the case that there is no scientific reason given why such structures would not exist. If anything we have only the medias view to go on and you know what the media is like.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Still, it remains the case that there is no scientific reason given why such structures would not exist. If anything we have only the medias view to go on and you know what the media is like.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That and your shrug.

Sixty five million year old soft tissue....
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 16:25
    Was it created as a meat-eater?
    No, I was.

(Forgive me Dasa)
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 00:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    No...
    So if T Rex wasn't created as a meat eater, what happened to it post the fall and prior to the flood (or whatever wired it out) which enabled it to grow six inch incisors and loose all its molars?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 00:34
    No.

By the way it's OK if you don't want to discuss these topics and just throw insults - I won't accuse you of bullying
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:10
    You started this exchange with me - if you don;t want to discuss it then why get involved? Just throwing petulant insults at me because you can't explain yourself is hardly a substitute for a proper response.

Meanwhile why don't you respond to twhitehead's question which is a fair one?
    I've explained what I believe many, many times on this forum.

That you can't seem to remember any of it, except the parts you want to make fun of, is not my problem.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:12
    By the way it's OK if you don't want to discuss these topics and just throw insults - I won't accuse you of bullying
    How many times do I have to repeat myself to the "tl;dr" crowd?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Still, it remains the case that there is no scientific reason given why such structures would not exist. If anything we have only the medias view to go on and you know what the media is like.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That and your shrug.

Sixty five million year old soft tissue....[/b]
    Yes, that PROVES the world is only 6000 years old, right?

It isn't even SLIGHTLY possible the soft tissue is actually 65 mil years old right?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 17:31
    I've explained what I believe many, many times on this forum.

That you can't seem to remember any of it, except the parts you want to make fun of, is not my problem.
    If you don't want to discuss, then stay out of the thread!

You are what you despise, Suzianne.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 19:56
    Every time I'm a little sad, I imagine a T Rex trying to put a hat on.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 21:55
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Every time I'm a little sad, I imagine a T Rex trying to put a hat on.
    or masturbate ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree