Sympathy for the Devil

Sympathy for the Devil

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
07 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]i cannot possibly state why there is a discrepancy.

So that's a no then?[/b]
tell the forum how your mitochondrial DNA 'evidence', and i use the term loosely, were
dated and i can guarantee you are reading from the same cook book as other
materialists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Oct 12
1 edit

[b]i cannot possibly state why there is a discrepancy.

So that's a no then?[/b]
http://www.northhighschool.webaloo.com/files/northhighschool/files/LarsonD/Eng9A/ITW/NotbyChance.pdf

http://www.allaboutscience.org/intelligent-design.htm

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
tell the forum how your mitochondrial DNA 'evidence', and i use the term loosely, were
dated and i can guarantee you are reading from the same cook book as other
materialists.
So is that a no?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Oct 12

So is that a no?
Dodgers gonna dodge. 😞

rc

Moves
08 Oct 12

Dodgers gonna dodge. 😞
your evidence relies upon interpretation of data, and like all materialists you are reading from the same cookbook, now if you will fess up, I will take your confession although i cannot guarantee absolution 😛

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Oct 12

your evidence relies upon interpretation of data, and like all materialists you are reading from the same cookbook, now if you will fess up, I will take your confession although i cannot guarantee absolution 😛
Are you accepting that the genetic evidence doesn't corroborate your literal interpretation of the Genesis account? It's a simple yes or no question. I fail to see why you can't give a straight answer.

rc

Moves
08 Oct 12
1 edit

Are you accepting that the genetic evidence doesn't corroborate your literal interpretation of the Genesis account? It's a simple yes or no question. I fail to see why you can't give a straight answer.
yes that's exactly what I am saying, although the term evidence should not be construed as anything other than a materialistic interpretation of data.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Oct 12

yes that's exactly what I am saying, although the term evidence should not be construed as anything other than a materialistic interpretation of data.
Why then are you claiming that the Genesis account is 'scientifically accurate', as you did earlier in this thread, when you know that it isn't?

rc

Moves
08 Oct 12

Why then are you claiming that the Genesis account is 'scientifically accurate', as you did earlier in this thread, when you know that it isn't?
because i do not hold that your materialistic theories are science, they cannot be subject to falsification, there is no empirical evidence, the evidence that is available is open to interpretation and in many instances, so called reputable scientists simply fabricate evidence.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Oct 12

because i do not hold that your materialistic theories are science, they cannot be subject to falsification, there is no empirical evidence, the evidence that is available is open to interpretation and in many instances, so called reputable scientists simply fabricate evidence.
Earlier on in the thread you said this -

as i stated before all materialists read from the same cook book and not having considered your so called, 'genetic evidence'.

How can arrive at the conclusions you have when you stated that you haven't even considered the evidence?

rc

Moves
08 Oct 12
2 edits

Earlier on in the thread you said this -

as i stated before all materialists read from the same cook book and not having considered your so called, 'genetic evidence'.

How can arrive at the conclusions you have when you stated that you haven't even considered the evidence?
I considered some evidence in the interim, specifically with regard to Neanderthal man and attempts to date it through mitochondrial DNA, initially estimated by a reputable scientist to be 36,000 years old an independent study by Oxford university found it to be more like 7,500, still outwith the scope of the Biblical record but never the less a far cry from the assumed 36,000 years. Now perhaps you would like to tell the forum how you arrive at your dates, if you please and one knows that the materialist must of necessity read from the same cook book as other materialists, otherwise, his theories make no sense.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Oct 12

I considered some evidence in the interim, specifically with regard to Neanderthal man and attempts to date it through mitochondrial DNA, initially estimated by a reputable scientist to be 36,000 years old an independent study by Oxford university found it to be more like 7,500, still outwith the scope of the Biblical record but never the less a far ...[text shortened]... ssity read from the same cook book as other materialists, otherwise, his theories make no sense.
Proper Knob arrives at his dates just like others who believe in evolution. It is by a "guesstimate " - a half-assed job at estimating. 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Oct 12
1 edit

I considered some evidence in the interim, specifically with regard to Neanderthal man and attempts to date it through mitochondrial DNA, initially estimated by a reputable scientist to be 36,000 years old an independent study by Oxford university found it to be more like 7,500, still outwith the scope of the Biblical record but never the less a far ...[text shortened]... ssity read from the same cook book as other materialists, otherwise, his theories make no sense.
So you read one case, and that still contradicts your Biblical view. Forgive me if i'm not bowled over my the enormity of your research, i didn't realise you had gone to so much trouble.

My dates? They're the accepted dates from the scientific community. Why would they be my dates, i'm not a geneticist?

Edit - show me a link to this story. It doesn't make any sense.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Oct 12
3 edits

So you read one case, and that still contradicts your Biblical view. Forgive me if i'm not bowled over my the enormity of your research, i didn't realise you had gone to so much trouble.

My dates? They're the accepted dates from the scientific community. Why would they be my dates, i'm not a geneticist?

My dates? They're the accepted dates from the scientific community.

IS THAT A JOKE?

There are NO ACCEPTED DATES from the scientific community from evolutionists.

As I said, any date submitted by an evolutionist is a "guesstimate " - a half-assed job at estimating. 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Oct 12

Rob???????? You've disappeared.

Have you a link to this Neanderthal story please?