Swearing on the Bible

Swearing on the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Jan 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
No, au contraire, there are some people who don't understand that it's impossible to use scientific methods to prove religious things (When will the existance of god be proven scientifically?), and that it's impossible to use religion in scientific research (Pray and the gravitational constant will be changed?), no never.

Especially here in Spiritual F ...[text shortened]... at [b]science and religion cannot ever be mixed
. There is a sharp line between the two.[/b]
I dont necessarily agree with your blanket statement that 'science and religon can never mix', but in regards to your challenges to Robbies blanket statements I think you are well within your rights to have the views that you do.

Just one question: Do you not think that science and religon are beginning to mix with the advent of quantum theory?
(ps. Is 'religon' the same as 'spirituality' when you say science and religon can never mix?)

F

Moves
27 Jan 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I dont necessarily agree with your blanket statement that 'science and religon can never mix', but in regards to your challenges to Robbies blanket statements I think you are well within your rights to have the views that you do.

Just one question: Do you not think that science and religon are beginning to mix with the advent of quantum theory?
(ps. Is 'religon' the same as 'spirituality' when you say science and religon can never mix?)
If, and I say if, quantum physics are to be regarded as a religious science, then you can find god within. But what god? Surely not the christian god? If so, where in bible do we find any notion about quantum physics? Rather a hindu god, or another god that doesn't want to be exposed. Let's start a new religion, and get rid of all other religions including the christian one.

But you cannot find any god, supernatural entity, or anything with any resemblance of any religious phenomena. There is no 'if' there.

If we call everything we don't understand as a proof of that there is a god, then we can find multitudes of gods everywhere. Like the animist religions where they find a spirit in any object, or in the viking religion where the mighty Thor is resonsible of the thunder, and not an electrical phenomena.

There are laws of physics: (1) the ones we understand, (2) the ones we don't yet understand but will if our understanding will grow, and (3) the ones that doesn't exist. We tend to put a religion into (2) and (3).

An example of (2) is the physics of evolution in the biblical times. In order to explain the multitude of species in our fauna and flora, they have to invent an explanation (exactly as the Vikings did about the thunder). Now we know, so evoluton does not belong to (2) anymore but (1).

An example of (3) is the afterworld, existance of god, or prophecies. They rely on 'physical laws' that do not exist. Therefore we call it religion.

I have a definition of 'religion', but I don't know any definition of 'spirituality', therefore I never use this world other than very loosely.

Science and relgion never mix, never will, and never can. Everyone that try to use scientific explanations about religious matters tend to be weak in their faith, and seeks answers in science to get credibility in their faiths. Religion doesn't have to be proven. When you try, you'll fail.

Every time I try to explain why religion and science canot be mixed, is followed by silence. Noone have ever disputed my explanations, therefore I'm more and more convinced that I'm right with this.

I challenge anyone to prove scientifically that there is a god, any god. People have tried by referring to the bible, which directly gives a circular reference, don't try. (The bible wouldn't exist in its religios form if there wasn't any god, and god is explained in the bible. No proof.)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Jan 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If, and I say if, quantum physics are to be regarded as a religious science, then you can find god within. But what god? Surely not the christian god? If so, where in bible do we find any notion about quantum physics? Rather a hindu god, or another god that doesn't want to be exposed. Let's start a new religion, and get rid of all other religions includin ...[text shortened]... form if there wasn't any god, and god is explained in the bible. No proof.)
No! definately not a christian god!
Sure there is no definative answers in quantum , but it paints a more accurate picture of the (physical) universe than has come before.

So just cause we dont understand it fully , doesn't mean it doesn't point in the right direction.
The personifications,(manifestations) of god always have there problems but the unmanifested god defies description. Thats why faith is needed.
Of course it is hard to have faith in a wrong premise and that explains to me why so many intelligent people easily dismiss a christian god.
Anyway there is ,as the bhudda said, the middle way. It paves the way between all extremes and defies all attempts of definition. Even 'middle way' is a loose term which points the way. The true way knows no obstacles😵