Swear words

Swear words

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 May 05

Doesn't Jesus teach that obscene language dulls the mind? Yet i am frustratingly finding it more and more acceptable for poeple to casually drop one.

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
07 May 05

Originally posted by Conrau K
Doesn't Jesus teach that obscene language dulls the mind? Yet i am frustratingly finding it more and more acceptable for poeple to casually drop one.
"it's not what goes in that counts, but what comes out"...hmm...yeah, christains shouldn't swear. but what entails swearing? naughty words, or is it the implications behind those words. currently i say "bum" and i used to say "pish pots", mainly because they're more likely to draw a chuckle than offence. but is it right? should i not even say them?

i don't know...😛

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
07 May 05

That's why you need to stay in reading the Word, so you won't swear.

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
07 May 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
That's why you need to stay in reading the Word, so you won't swear.
?

N

Glastonbury

Moves
07 May 05

Don't think Jesus was that anal. Can you give a reference?

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
07 May 05
1 edit

I was channel surfing and came across this incredibly great-looking women. They said she was an ex-wife of NFL player Mark Gastineau. [Wasn't he married to that actress with real short hair, name of Nielson? This was not her, unless she has changed a bunch in the last 20 years.]

They had to bleep out things she was saying on camera. My interest in her dropped, much like when I see a hot woman light up a cigarette.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 May 05

Originally posted by Nutopian
Don't think Jesus was that anal. Can you give a reference?
Ephesians. 4. 29-31

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 May 05

Ephesians. 4. 29-31
Paste it, or a link to where we can read about it.

ES

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 05

Ephesians 4. 29. Do not use harmful words but only helpful words...No more shouting and insults no more hateful feelings of any sort.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Paste it, or a link to where we can read about it.

ES
Buy a damn Bible.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Buy a damn Bible.
Gah, I can find it online, thanks....

You know how I love a link.

ES

(Dang, today I went to church for a friend's kids first communion... and there were only hymn books! I wanted to read the Bible while I was there, but no such luck.)

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Buy a damn Bible.
Merciful Jesus, pass the collection plate so we can get ole Travis a red letter King James Bible.

U
Solacriptura

Moves
08 May 05

ES

(Dang, today I went to church for a friend's kids first communion... and there were only hymn books! I wanted to read the Bible while I was there, but no such luck.)
Ya must have went to a Catholic or Episcopal Church, they prefer to keep the Word hidden from the masses.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 May 05

I find that when I swear/cuss drop F bombs it just show a lack of self control on my part. It shows lack of respect for self & others. That being said sometimes it just feels good when angry to just drop an F bomb!!! I noticed that when people swear they use swear words as filler words could be a sign of small vocabulary or something. I agree though more than anything it is the intent that we put into words. Manny.

l

London

Moves
08 May 05

ES

Why on earth would you be expecting someone to hand out Bibles??

Most churches would hand out the readings/gospel reading for the service. I normally take my Missal with me - it has all the readings. In any case, if you wanted to read the Bible while you were there you should've carried your own copy.