Supporting Conservative Values

Supporting Conservative Values

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
find some women, become friends, ask them questions, learn stuff.
find some books, read them, learn about stuff.
find some documentaries, watch them, learn about stuff.
take the stuff you learn, think about it, form an opinion.

you should try it sometime.
I did all that. Maybe, that is why I have the opinion I have.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 13

again, this is very similar thinking as to why some women have abortions.

getting rid of a cluster of cells allows a women to live her life in safety (in some situations). a women who falls pregnant to a violent partner can feel they have become trapped and tied to the man. her life can then be permanently in danger and so will be her child when its ...[text shortened]... more tax, have a gigantic social service and care system? letting gay people adopt would help.
I would require the state to hold people accountable and responsible for their actions and not make things easy for them to countinue in sin.

The Instructor

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I would require the state to hold people accountable and responsible for their actions and not make things easy for them to countinue in sin.

The Instructor
So you would impose your religion and its values upon everyone else regardless of their beliefs.

Moves
25 Jul 13

I did all that. Maybe, that is why I have the opinion I have.

The Instructor
no you did this.

find a bible, read it, adopt its beliefs as your own.
disregard anything else.

Moves
25 Jul 13
1 edit

The Instructor
so whats your advice for a pregnant woman who is being regularly beaten and raped by her psychotic partner? he will kill her if she tries to leave him. he's forced her onto drugs, she's suicidal and depressed she knows a baby will tie them together for life, she knows a baby will have a horrific life, it will be beaten and abused just like her. she has no money, its his house, they are not married, she has no family or friends. what should she do????

another situation - abducted and sold by sex traffickers taken to a foreign country, forced to take drugs and tied to a bed most of the day, repeatedly raped by multiple men, no escape, no hope. gets pregnant. what should she do?

another situation - bolivian prisons. a child is forced to live in prison because her parents are a criminals. if she has a baby it will have to live in the prison with her. surrounded by pedophiles, rapists and murderers. she see's the the horrific things that are happening to the children already living in the prison..........what should she do? would you prefer to see the baby be born and raped its whole life than be aborted?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
So you would impose your religion and its values upon everyone else regardless of their beliefs.
Conservative values do not refer to my religious values and I do not impose my religious values on anyone. It just so happens that Conservative values and my religious values are in close agreement on most things. I only try to convince others that my values are better and those are the ones they should live by, but I can not impose them on anyone. However, the Conservative values set up by the Constitution of the United States of America should be imposed on all citizens of this nation. That is what we don't do and why we have so much trouble in my opinion.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 13
1 edit

so whats your advice for a pregnant woman who is being regularly beaten and raped by her psychotic partner? he will kill her if she tries to leave him. he's forced her onto drugs, she's suicidal and depressed she knows a baby will tie them together for life, she knows a baby will have a horrific life, it will be beaten and abused just like her. she has ld she do? would you prefer to see the baby be born and raped its whole life than be aborted?
Have the baby, report the abuse to police and anyone she can, and seek legal assistance.

The Instructor

Moves
25 Jul 13
3 edits

Have the baby, report the abuse to police and anyone she can, and seek legal assistance.

The Instructor
what world do you live in rj? do you have any idea the mental state these women can be in? if it were that easy to escape domestic violence why are 1500 women in the u.s. killed every year by their husbands?

as an aside, do you condone american drone strikes?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 13

what world do you live in rj? do you have any idea the mental state these women can be in? if it were that easy to escape domestic violence why are 1500 women in the u.s. killed every year by their husbands?

as an aside, do you condone american drone strikes?
I don't claim to know the correct answer to every possible question that you could ask me. I am not God. I understand there is sin in the world and the general idea I am attempting to present is that we should promote actions that may put a stop to that sin. I just don't believe aborting unborn babies is going to help stop sin.

The instructor

Moves
25 Jul 13
1 edit

I don't claim to know the correct answer to every possible question that you could ask me. I am not God. I understand there is sin in the world and the general idea I am attempting to present is that we should promote actions that may put a stop to that sin. I just don't believe aborting unborn babies is going to help stop sin.

The instructor
you admint you dont have the answers yet you are happy to apply a blanket rule???? now, you assume im totally pro abortion (because of your preconseved ideas, its never actually accured to you to ask me what i thought). my positions is that the world is complex, simple rules do not work. people fall between the gaps, even if the majority were wrong to get abortions, there are some that have life circumstances so horrific, beyond what you or i can comprehend that abortion becomes the best solution. to deny that is to deny the reality of life. it is to stick to your simple rules regardless of how detremental it is to the mother or the child. some people are just better off not born.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 13
1 edit

you admint you dont have the answers yet you are happy to apply a blanket rule???? now, you assume im totally pro abortion (because of your preconseved ideas, its never actually accured to you to ask me what i thought). my positions is that the world is complex, simple rules do not work. people fall between the gaps, even if the majority were wrong to g ...[text shortened]... s of how detremental it is to the mother or the child. some people are just better off not born.
I have never said there can't be exceptions to the blanket rule because of the fact we live in such a sinful world. However, exceptions should be rare and that is not what the Pro-choice movement is pushing. They want abortions on demand regardless of the situation. So the counter movement is Pro-life to prevent abortions for convenience alone.

The Instructor

Moves
26 Jul 13

I have never said there can't be exceptions to the blanket rule because of the fact we live in such a sinful world. However, exceptions should be rare and that is not what the Pro-choice movement is pushing. They want abortions on demand regardless of the situation. So the counter movement is Pro-life to prevent abortions for convenience alone.

The Instructor
i pleased that you are willing to accept there are exceptions. its a step in the right direction.

so 'the situation' is important to you. so what do you suggest as a solution. would the girl have to go to judge judy first and ask for permission? wouldnt this just bring back back street abortions?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 13

i pleased that you are willing to accept there are exceptions. its a step in the right direction.

so 'the situation' is important to you. so what do you suggest as a solution. would the girl have to go to judge judy first and ask for permission? wouldnt this just bring back back street abortions?
Judge Judy seems to be a better Judge than most that I have encountered. The main suggestion I have is to not let these ProChoice advocates get their way with abortions at will and make sure every woman considering abortion go through counselling as to the harm of abortions and the alternatives that she should consider.

The Instructor

Moves
26 Jul 13

Judge Judy seems to be a better Judge than most that I have encountered. The main suggestion I have is to not let these ProChoice advocates get their way with abortions at will and make sure every woman considering abortion go through counselling as to the harm of abortions and the alternatives that she should consider.

The Instructor
how many judges have you encountered?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 13

how many judges have you encountered?
I did not count them.

The Instructor