Suicide

Suicide

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
08 Oct 05

Originally posted by windmill
Do you go to Hell.
not often.. but am there now..

aren't there any heavenly topics around...?!

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
08 Oct 05

Originally posted by Peachy
not often.. but am there now..

aren't there any heavenly topics around...?!
Welcome to Hell.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
08 Oct 05

If we just show we love them....then it may filter through the grapevine.Other than that we could spike their drinking water with serotonin.
Nice crack about serotonin 😀

Anyway, what do you have in mind?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
08 Oct 05

I am reminded that Jesus committed suicide. Ironically, if we go with the trinity thing a bit, we get that on the cross, God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) committed suicide, regicide, deicide, homocide, and filicide all at the same time!

I posted this in another suicide thread a very long time ago. I couldn't find the link, but fortunately I kept a record of this statement, as well as a short essay by me that I also posted in the same thread. I'll drag that out too if it becomes appropriate.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
08 Oct 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Nice crack about serotonin 😀

Anyway, what do you have in mind?
Let's go with love shall we.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
15 Mar 06

a 12 year old girl was recently found dead here in NZ after receiving repeated bullying texts. it didn't say in the paper i read she had commited suicide, but the way it was written she did. how a 12 year old girl commits suicide i'll never understand, but it really suxs.

i was hoping some of the people here could continue this topic as the general consensus of those who take part in these forums is that 'bullying' is acceptable behaviour.

S

Moves
15 Mar 06

I was hoping some of the people here could continue this topic as the general consensus of those who take part in these forums is that 'bullying' is acceptable behaviour.
I don't believe that's true at all.

D

Moves
15 Mar 06

a 12 year old girl was recently found dead here in NZ after receiving repeated bullying texts. it didn't say in the paper i read she had commited suicide, but the way it was written she did. how a 12 year old girl commits suicide i'll never understand, but it really suxs.
...[text shortened]... consensus of those who take part in these forums is that 'bullying' is acceptable behaviour.
To a Christian, bullying is never acceptable, I don't care how old you are. The Bible teaches that we are to love our neighbor and do good to those who would persecute us. The message of Jesus is love, pure and simple.
But there are those that are willing to take all they can get no matter what it takes to get it. To them, bullying is just one more tactic to use. It's also common in children (and some adults) who haven't matured enough to see the harm in it.

DF

K

In the wind.

Moves
15 Mar 06

Bullying Serious, Children's Helpline Head Says.

Wellington - The death of 12-year old south Waikato girl Alex Teka, after constant text - bullying, should underline the seriousness of social issues New Zealand children face, a children's helpline said yesterday.
Grant Taylor, executive director of the Kids Help Foundation Trust, said his trust's What's Up line had received calls from children as young as seven who had expressed a wish to die because of bullying.
Mr Taylor said it was easy for adults to see bullying as simply a part of growing up.
"Alex is a reminder that such complacency is ill-considered. While a large proportion of children experience bullying and some particularly resiliant children seem not to be very bothered by it, our impression at What's Up is that most are significantly troubled and some feel overwhelmed."
Alex was found dead at her home six weeks ago, the day before school started.
Her parents said she had been bullied relentlessly through text messages and emails which included a death threat.
Mr Taylor said What's Up took 500 calls a day from children and young people, and their statistics suggested that most bullying occurs in late primary school or intermediate school.
Bullying affects both sexs but significantly more boys rang the hotline about it than girls.
They blamed the bullying on a variety of reasons including ethnicity, resistance to pressure to behave in a certain way, physical differences, high achievement, being new, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, and religious beliefs.
Children had faced actions which ranged from minor irritants to assults, and include illegal acts such as sexual harassment, racial abuse, and deprivation of human rights.
The most common form of bullying was verbal harassment but it could be physical, verbal, or written (including text messages). It could also take the form of gestures, extortion or exclusion.
Research showed that a school's commitment to stamping bullying out was one of the most important factors influencing success. Any suggestion that adults, inside or outside school, would tolerate bullying undermined plans to reduce it.
Mr Taylor said the biggest problem raised at What's Up was still making friends, and people needed to realise children lived in a social environment that extends well beyond home.
Social skills were an important factor in whether they would be exposed to bullying, But bullied children and their parents did not need to feel alone with their problem.
"Bullying is not a 'school problem' or a 'family problem' but a shameful reflection on our communities' abilities to create safe and healthy environments for us all."
The principal at Alex's school, Putaruru College, said on Sunday night that there had been "disciplinary consequences" for the students alleged to have hounded Alex, but all were still attending the school.
Education Minister Steve Maharey said yesterday he was asking officials to prepare a report on text bullying.
Mrs Teka has also met with Labour MP Mark Burton to raise the idea of putting age restrictions on cellphones.
Mr Maharey said he would meet Mr Burton this week, but it was too early to decide whether restrictions should be placed on cellphone use in school hours, or age restrictions on those able to buy or use mobiles - PA

K

In the wind.

Moves
15 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by DragonFriend
To a Christian, bullying is never acceptable, I don't care how old you are. The Bible teaches that we are to love our neighbor and do good to those who would persecute us. The message of Jesus is love, pure and simple.
But there are those that are willing to take all they can get no matter what it takes to get it. To them, bullying is just one more ta common in children (and some adults) who haven't matured enough to see the harm in it.

DF
many Christians here quite often force the issue, as many in here know. is this form of bullying due to not being able to handle the bullying tactics done to them. none of us are Jesus yet it is the common expectation of Christians... from their own perspective.

s

Moves
15 Mar 06

a 12 year old girl was recently found dead here in NZ after receiving repeated bullying texts.
Interesting. A few weeks back a 12 year old boy here in Sweden committed suicide for almost the exact same reason. It was on the radio. Although, this boy hid it from his parent quite expertly. Maybe because he was ashamed of being the bullied one or something (I don't know). He said everything was fine when his parents asked him about it (he had been bullied before and his parents had spoken to the teachers and principle about it, so they really thought everything was fine) but then one day his father found him in his bedroom. He had hung himself.

Awful.

K

In the wind.

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by stocken
Interesting. A few weeks back a 12 year old boy here in Sweden committed suicide for almost the exact same reason. It was on the radio. Although, this boy hid it from his parent quite expertly. Maybe because he was ashamed of being the bullied one or something (I don't know). He said everything was fine when his parents asked him about it (he had been bullie ...[text shortened]... was fine) but then one day his father found him in his bedroom. He had hung himself.

Awful.
do you have a clipping from a newspaper... it would be good to compare how they deal with this in Sweden and New Zealand ?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by stocken
Interesting. A few weeks back a 12 year old boy here in Sweden committed suicide for almost the exact same reason. It was on the radio. Although, this boy hid it from his parent quite expertly. Maybe because he was ashamed of being the bullied one or something (I don't know). He said everything was fine when his parents asked him about it (he had been bullie ...[text shortened]... was fine) but then one day his father found him in his bedroom. He had hung himself.

Awful.
Ondskan...

s

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by Palynka
Ondskan...
Which was based on a true story from Jan's own life, but still... I'm shocked whenever I hear about how bad it is for some kids in school, even to this day. 🙁

K

In the wind.

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by DragonFriend
But there are those that are willing to take all they can get no matter what it takes to get it. To them, bullying is just one more ta ...[text shortened]... common in children (and some adults) who haven't matured enough to see the harm in it.

DF
why do you think so many children (and others) find 'bullying' acceptable behaviour?