subjective science

subjective science

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Oct 17

Originally posted by @black-beetle
Edit: You just admitted you have to accept responsibility for false evaluations so you seem to be in conflict when it comes to not trusting anything unproven.

There is no conflict. My false evaluations are not caused because they are grounded on faith, nor because I trust something unproven. They are caused because I fail to assess properly the give ...[text shortened]... at one’s sensemaking and knowledge procedures are problematic. On the contrary, they are OK.
😵
I will respond later when I have more time, but I wanted to say I mean no insults to you. I felt after going over what I wrote it could be taken that way!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Oct 17

Edit: You just admitted you have to accept responsibility for false evaluations so you seem to be in conflict when it comes to not trusting anything unproven.

There is no conflict. My false evaluations are not caused because they are grounded on faith, nor because I trust something unproven. They are caused because I fail to assess properly the give ...[text shortened]... at one’s sensemaking and knowledge procedures are problematic. On the contrary, they are OK.
😵
Am I to understand you don't have any strong beliefs or theories you hold to be true?
You don't believe you have a grasp of the universe, how life works, or the inner workings
of many things that make the world around go? Faith isn't just about God, it does take us
where we want, laying down the foundation for our world views, and most deeply held
beliefs.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
21 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Am I to understand you don't have any strong beliefs or theories you hold to be true?
You don't believe you have a grasp of the universe, how life works, or the inner workings
of many things that make the world around go? Faith isn't just about God, it does take us
where we want, laying down the foundation for our world views, and most deeply held
beliefs.
My theory of reality as regards everything is under constant evaluation. The beliefs I hold are all grounded either on proven in practice scientific facts and evidence, or on viable theories of reality, and I am ever ready to discard them on the spot on the basis of new evidence😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
21 Oct 17

I will respond later when I have more time, but I wanted to say I mean no insults to you. I felt after going over what I wrote it could be taken that way!
I always know you mean no insults to me, it's alright kellyjay, have a fine Sunday😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Oct 17

My theory of reality as regards everything is under constant evaluation. The beliefs I hold are all grounded either on proven in practice scientific facts and evidence, or on viable theories of reality, and I am ever ready to discard them on the spot on the basis of new evidence😵
Which is what faith is, being grounded in beliefs. If it were not beliefs than it would not be
faith. There are very few things I call facts, because like you say we would have to discard
them on the spot if new evidence surfaces.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Oct 17

I always know you mean no insults to me, it's alright kellyjay, have a fine Sunday😵
I don't want to take that for granted, so felt I should say something.
Have a good one!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
21 Oct 17

Which is what faith is, being grounded in beliefs. If it were not beliefs than it would not be
faith. There are very few things I call facts, because like you say we would have to discard
them on the spot if new evidence surfaces.
In my case it is not faith at all since I do not trust any of my beliefs, as I explained you😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Oct 17

In my case it is not faith at all since I do not trust any of my beliefs, as I explained you😵
I know you did, and I think if the word “faith” hadn't taken such a beating over religionist
connotations due to debate and preaching, I believe you would have accepted it for what it
is without hesitation. We walk the world living in our beliefs as foundational to how we see
it all, so that which we trust, we are putting our faith in as we move through life.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
22 Oct 17

I know you did, and I think if the word “faith” hadn't taken such a beating over religionist
connotations due to debate and preaching, I believe you would have accepted it for what it
is without hesitation. We walk the world living in our beliefs as foundational to how we see
it all, so that which we trust, we are putting our faith in as we move through life.
Regardless of the differ consequenses of faith at the religious level, faith is the cornerstone of multiple problems at any given condition that a proper evaluation must be conducted. My beliefs are not written in stone, and on the other hand I face no condition to tackle in which faith is necessary.

It's only my way of living, though. I accept one's right to live one's life the way that is the best according to one's evaluation of the mind; in this context, if one thinks that one has to onduct faith in order to live properly, I respect this decision😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17

Regardless of the differ consequenses of faith at the religious level, faith is the cornerstone of multiple problems at any given condition that a proper evaluation must be conducted. My beliefs are not written in stone, and on the other hand I face no condition to tackle in which faith is necessary.

It's only my way of living, though. I accept one' ...[text shortened]... if one thinks that one has to onduct faith in order to live properly, I respect this decision😵
I believe we are repeating ourselves here or at least I feel I am. So I will drop the subject unless you want to continue. I’m content knowing we were able to share our positions and walk away disagreeing.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
22 Oct 17

I believe we are repeating ourselves here or at least I feel I am. So I will drop the subject unless you want to continue. I’m content knowing we were able to share our positions and walk away disagreeing.
Yes.
Be well, Kellyjay😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Oct 17

Yes.
Be well, Kellyjay😵
😉