Study your Bible to know who God is.

Study your Bible to know who God is.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
28 Sep 11
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Our Father, which art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy Name, or in modern terms,

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.  Let your kingdom come. Let
your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.  Give us today our bread for this
day;  and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.  And do not
bring us int ...[text shortened]... ease note Christ did not state, my name,
he stated that the Fathers name was to be sanctified.
Using your line of reasoning and example, Jeus, if anything, would be supporting the use of His personal name in our prayers, since He is declaring God's name to be set apart.

rc

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Using your line of reasoning and example, Jeus, if anything, would be supporting the use of His personal name in our prayers, since He is declaring God's name to be set apart.
Sorry I dont understand how you can derive that from the verse, Christ clearly
provided a model which states that the Fathers name is to be sanctified. Why this
should be hard to accept i have no idea. Why it should be construed that Jesus is
asking for his name to be sanctified, when the verse says that it is the Fathers name, I
cannot say.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
28 Sep 11
1 edit

Sorry I dont understand how you can derive that from the verse, Christ clearly
provided a model which states that the Fathers name is to be sanctified. Why this
should be hard to accept i have no idea. Why it should be construed that Jesus is
asking for his name to be sanctified, when the verse says that it is the Fathers name, I
cannot say.
I never said Jesus asked that His personal name be sanctified. That idea is purely of your own construction.

I'm saying that Jesus told us that we are to access the Father through HIM (Jesus). Just because Jesus prayed directly to the Father (anything less would make no sense at all) doesn't mean that we are to access the Father directly without involving Jesus.

Jesus is quite clearly capable of doing things that we are not instructed to do. It wouldn't make any sense at all for Jesus to pray to Himself -- and yet He never instructed us not to do that very thing.

You're reading something into the Scriptures that isn't implicitly there.

You are welcome to believe what you will but you can't say the bible supports your position outright.

rc

Moves
28 Sep 11
4 edits

I never said Jesus asked that His personal name be sanctified. That idea is purely of your own construction.

I'm saying that Jesus told us that we are to access the Father through HIM (Jesus). Just because Jesus prayed directly to the Father (anything less would make no sense at all) doesn't mean that we are to access the Father directly without involvi come to believe what you will but you can't say the bible supports your position outright.
You are trying to argue against a position that i do not profess, its termed a straw man argument. The scripture is quite clear, we are to pray for the Fathers name to be
sanctified. Why there should be any confusion, i cannot say?

You're reading something into the Scriptures that isn't implicitly there. You mean like,

and yet He never instructed us not to do that very thing. Ironic.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Sep 11

You are trying to argue against a position that i do not profess, its termed a straw man argument. The scripture is quite clear, we are to pray for the Fathers name to be
sanctified. Why there should be any confusion, i cannot say?

You're reading something into the Scriptures that isn't implicitly there. You mean like,

and yet He never instructed us not to do that very thing. Ironic.
I'm still curious as to why the Holy Spirit doesn't have a name and why we don't use it if he did..... Jesus and Jehovah are pretty will established in the Bible and we are to respect and honor them both. But no one can ever answer this mystery as it seems the Holy Spirit must really not be equal to the other two as the trinity trys to explain. I wonder why they still can't come up with even a simple answer? Maybe they really don't know and understand who our God is....You think?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Sep 11

After pointing out to the Jewish high court in Jerusalem that Bible prophecy had been
fulfilled in Jesus, the apostle Peter forcefully concluded: “There is no salvation in
anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among
men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12) Since all of Adam’s offspring are
sinners, th ...[text shortened]... a person can see salvation.

Galvos right, you people need to study your Bibles.

Neeext!
I agree with you R.C. to the extent that Jesus was indeed the perfect sacrifice and lived the perfect life. Also that Jesus paid for all of the sins for all time.

However why couldn't Galvo answer that? One name under heaven by which men can be saved!!! One πŸ™‚ very simple not complicated

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
People worship many things. But the Bible tells us that there is only one TRUE God. He created everything in heaven and on earth. Because he gave us life, he is the only One we should worship.—1 Corinthians 8:5, 6; Revelation 4:11.

God has many titles but has only one name. That name is JEHOVAH. In most Bibles, God's name has been removed and has also tells us about his purpose and what he wants us to do.—Amos 3:7; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.
Exodus 3:14-15 (NASB)
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say
to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to
Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The LORD, the God of your
fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent
me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all
generations.

"I AM WHO I AM" is a translation into english of the Hebrew YHWH. But God
tells Moses "I AM" is to be His name forever to all generations. The Hebrew
scholars say this name is derived from the verb "HAYAH" meaning "to be" in
English. So God's name is YH or YAH. This is why you here the Jews say
in Hebrew "HALLELUYAH" when they praise God. It is usually translated in
English as "PRAISE THE LORD" with "HALLELU" for praise and "YAH" for the
one being paised. Jesus in Hebrew is Yahshua for YAH saves. "YAH" is the
name of God, not Jehovah. All Hebrew scholars agree that Jehovah is not
correct.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 11

I'm still curious as to why the Holy Spirit doesn't have a name and why we don't use it if he did..... Jesus and Jehovah are pretty will established in the Bible and we are to respect and honor them both. But no one can ever answer this mystery as it seems the Holy Spirit must really not be equal to the other two as the trinity trys to explain. I wonder ...[text shortened]... n a simple answer? Maybe they really don't know and understand who our God is....You think?
The Holy Spirit has a name. It is YAH.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Sep 11

The bible does not lie. And you cannot demonstrate otherwise,
The only way to avoid such demonstrations is to either:
1. Change the meaning of words.
2. Claim the 'real Bible' is not the copy we hold in our hands, but some hypothetical original text that none of us have access too.

It's obvious that you don't take the subject seriously; with your silly argument against the bible, because it doesn't spell out for you "how to deflect an incoming asteroid."
Are you saying that it does tell us how to deflect asteroids in code? If not, then it is obvious you didn't read the post he was responding too.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
The only way to avoid such demonstrations is to either:
1. Change the meaning of words.
2. Claim the 'real Bible' is not the copy we hold in our hands, but some hypothetical original text that none of us have access too.

[b]It's obvious that you don't take the subject seriously; with your silly argument against the bible, because it doesn't spell out ...[text shortened]... oids in code? If not, then it is obvious you didn't read the post he was responding too.
Are you referring to the hidden bible code, which some say contains
information on all things?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
Show me where in the bible it says how to deal with cancer.
Show me where it explains how to deflect an incoming asteroid.
Predict an earthquake
Or where it tells us whether or not P=nP

The bible lies, is contradictory, and wrong.
And has been shown to be so many many times.
The Jews who have the same old testament as their holy book read
diffe ...[text shortened]... es on and on.

Have a look here for more details.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
Yes, to the ignorant, like yourself, the Holy Bible is full of lies and contradictory
statements. But to us that are being saved, it is the word of truth.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Are you referring to the hidden bible code, which some say contains
information on all things?
No.
The conversation was as follows:
And there is not ( 1 ) problem that we can encounter as a human that the Bible cannot help us with.
Originally posted by googlefudge
Show me where it explains how to deflect an incoming asteroid.
It's obvious that you don't take the subject seriously; with your silly argument against the bible, because it doesn't spell out for you "how to deflect an incoming asteroid."
Originally posted by twhitehead
Are you saying that it does tell us how to deflect asteroids in code? If not, then it is obvious you didn't read the post he was responding too.

Any code will do. Either the Bible can help us deflect an asteroid, or galveston75 is wrong. If it doesn't have it in code, then sumydid was not following the conversation.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, to the ignorant, like yourself, the Holy Bible is full of lies and contradictory
statements. But to us that are being saved, it is the word of truth.
So at face value, it contains lies?
It requires special knowledge and interpretation to see the truth?

So why didn't galveston qualify his claim? He surely didn't assume we were all saved?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Sep 11
1 edit

I'm still curious as to why the Holy Spirit doesn't have a name and why we don't use it if he did..... Jesus and Jehovah are pretty will established in the Bible and we are to respect and honor them both. But no one can ever answer this mystery as it seems the Holy Spirit must really not be equal to the other two as the trinity trys to explain. I wonder n a simple answer? Maybe they really don't know and understand who our God is....You think?
He (the holy spirit) does not come to speak of himself but to reveal Jesus. Through the "veil"of flesh we enter in.

He is the all in all, the first and the last the alpha & omega the beginning and the end The King of Kings and The Prince of peace, the Councillor, The Everlasting Father, The Mighty God.

AND

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Scripture very clearly states that Jesus is the ONLY name by which we are saved, not the name of Jehovah. There is an important issue of spiritual revelation at work in this truth.

JW doctrine denies you this truth and him of his glory.

rc

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by menace71
I agree with you R.C. to the extent that Jesus was indeed the perfect sacrifice and lived the perfect life. Also that Jesus paid for all of the sins for all time.

However why couldn't Galvo answer that? One name under heaven by which men can be saved!!! One πŸ™‚ very simple not complicated

Manny
because i took the liberty of answering it for him. You people are trying to make
something out of nothing, for once you understand why Peter stated that Christ is the
only name under heaven by means of which a person can get salvation, the rest is
clear. Why anyone should try to claim anything on any other basis is simply a display
of ignorance of why Peter uttered what he did. It is clear that what has transpired is
that certain individuals are trying to impose their dogma on the verse, rather than
trying to understand what it means and thus their arguments lack any substance or
objectivity.