1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 17:06
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I don't dream. I never have done, to my concious level. I've never jumped in my sleep, as I hear many have, and I have never has illusions of dreams.

I guess that must be I am non-spiritual?

-m.
    Dreams might be a gift from God. Just saying. 😏
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 12:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So why don't you let it go at that? Are you obsessive–compulsive?
    It's interesting how sumydid just flat out contradicts himself sometimes, even from one post almost to the next. He seems to have simply ducked clarifying his meaning in this case. He claims he didn't say other people's acceptance of his testimony makes no difference to him, and yet he also says that it makes no difference to him. It's a bit odd. It's generally the questions that go unanswered that get asked again.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 12:321 edit
    What's with the 'assumption' made in the title of this OP thread anyway?
    Good point, I would imagine GB is sweating with pleasure at wave of potential new poster info this thread may lead to without him having to reveal anything about himself in return.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 13:20
    Originally posted by divegeester

Good point, I would imagine GB is sweating with pleasure at wave of potential new poster info this thread may lead to without him having to reveal anything about himself in return.
    What else would you like to know?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 13:281 edit

What's with the 'assumption' made in the title of this OP thread anyway?

The assumption is that dreams have 'both' a spiritual and a psychological significance.

Sorry, not, but I disagree with the original assumption on the part of spiritual significance.

Psychologically, anybody with any reading knows that the brain uses dreaming to order the ...[text shortened]... should be in the science forum, asking about the psychological relevance of dreams only.

-m.
    In your point of view, Mike, what engine drives the pineal gland?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pineal+gland&hl=en&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS499US499&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xYNxUKDmIpOC8AS98oC4Dw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=722

-b.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 21:32
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Spiritual / Psychological Significance of Dreams

Twenty One Conversational Probes (Optional)

Frequent?

Black & White?

Color?

Any memorable nightmares?

Unresolved issues as themes?

Silent?

Talkies?

Wrap around sound?

Recurring?

Able to resume after waking?

From childhood still vivid?

Able to resum ...[text shortened]...

Death threats?

Remembered in the morning?

All of the above?

Other?

Discuss.[/b]
    all of the above and more...
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 21:50
    "I've always dreamed of war , everything is destroyed , color , I'm always running , people are being shot down and killed by the army troops , it's always winter in this dream , I'm always cold , I escape , steal a car or truck , find my boys and we drive into the woods , find a secret passage to a new world and hide out..." -(email from a friend whose ...[text shortened]... -war Europe)...... For starters, how about a little compassion for less fortunate mankind?
    Interesting. It sounds ,word for word, same as my best friends dreams . Always about being in a war.
    Sounds kinda crappy. I'm glad I dont have to dream those dreams
  8. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 22:26
    [b]Spiritual / Psychological Significance of Dreams

Twenty One Conversational Probes (Optional)[/b
    Frequent?

Black & White?

Color?

Any memorable nightmares?

Unresolved issues as themes?

Silent?

Talkies?

Wrap around sound?

Recurring?

Able to resume after waking?

From childhood still vivid?

Able to resume af ...[text shortened]...

Death threats?

Remembered in the morning?

All of the above?

Other?

Discuss.
    Hi,

I don't seem to dream as much anymore. I have had a few recently, one was last night. It involved some friends of mine but the setting and sequence and actions made no sense to me. The only familiar part of the dream were my friends. However I don't really see that as odd.

Most of my dreams that I can remember are like that. They don't seem to make sense or mean anything in particular at that time.
    However many of them are prophetic in that they come true. I had many like that in early
    adulthood. At the time I would chalk it up, for lack of a better word, as 'deja vu'.

I am older now and after studying the bible I believe that those past dreams and the ones that I still do have that I can remember are from God. I no longer view them as 'deja vu' , I have come to see them as dreams from God.

There is a lot of scripture where God communicates with us through our dreams.

I know that many will scoff but I was intrigued by your post and wanted to share.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree