Spiritual Blindness

Spiritual Blindness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
17 Jun 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
The inability to see the Truth of God.

As in that he doesn't exist or as in something different to religious dogma, or as in religious dogma?

Caused by sin. Whether you have the lack or an excess of any spiritual belief.

What is a sin for one person may not be a sin for another. You will need to explain your definition of sin.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea

What is a sin for one person may not be a sin for another. You will need to explain your definition of sin.
Be prepared for a 500-word definition. You have been warned.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
[b]The inability to see the Truth of God.

As in that he doesn't exist or as in something different to religious dogma, or as in religious dogma?

Caused by sin. Whether you have the lack or an excess of any spiritual belief.

What is a sin for one person may not be a sin for another. You will need to explain your definition of sin.[/b]
Sin ,,, the Sumerian moon goddess

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
Blindness how?

You are saying that once one sins they can no longer see?

You are saying that sins stops one from seeing the wrong they do?

You are saying that sins does not stop any of the above but does
stop something else?

What are you saying?

Kelly
Sorry, I didn't make myslef clear enough:

I believe that when a person sins willfully they are allowing their hearts to be hardened. In this way he/she are bringing 'spiritual blindness' upon themselves. By this I mean they eventually don't seem to be able to see the Truth any longer. They seem to think that they are right and that everybody else is wrong. That is why I think that a person should not allow sin in their lives. As the Bible says in Hebrews 12:4 - Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jun 05

Sin its self not an object but an absence of goodness. Ignorance is what makes a person spiritually blind. The same ignorance that made the pharisees blind to the spiritual truth of Jesus as the saviour.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by telerion
Of course not. Only an omnipotent being could do that. 🙂
"In the land of the blind, the Dr.Hovinds are King"

S
Bah Humbug!

C:\Drive

Moves
18 Jun 05

Spiritual blindness prevents a person from seeing the Truth.
How very true.
Spiritual blindness is the inability to see the truth because you have been blinded by the word of god.
i.e 'Evolution can be dismissed as a serious proposal because, of course, god created man'

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
18 Jun 05

I believe that when a person sins willfully they are allowing their hearts to be hardened. In this way he/she are bringing 'spiritual blindness' upon themselves. By this I mean they eventually don't seem to be able to see the Truth any longer. They seem to think that they are right and that everybody else i ...[text shortened]... s the Bible says in Hebrews 12:4 - Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
These blind people see themselves as right and everyone else as wrong? Gee, that sounds familiar ... oh yeah, I remember, that describes like 80% of all Christians I've ever met.

... --- ...

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by Conrau K
Sin its self not an object but an absence of goodness. Ignorance is what makes a person spiritually blind. The same ignorance that made the pharisees blind to the spiritual truth of Jesus as the saviour.
Ignorance is not a sin and can be remedied. The problem is when a person refuses to be remedied from sin which then causes spiritual blindness.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jun 05

Ignorance is not a sin and can be remedied. The problem is when a person refuses to be remedied from sin which then causes spiritual blindness.
Romans 1. 28-32. This passage carefully explains that if you are ignorant (which means to ignore God) you will become disposed to sinful actions. Sin is just an absence of God. God can only be absent (he is omnipotent and ubiquitous) if you ignore him. Hence, ignorance is the root of sin and the absence of God. I think you will find that ignorance is sin. If you choose to ignore God that cannot be remedied.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
19 Jun 05

I believe that when a person sins willfully they are allowing their hearts to be hardened. In this way he/she are bringing 'spiritual blindness' upon themselves. By this I mean they eventually don't seem to be able to see the Truth any longer. They seem to think that they are right and that everybody else i ...[text shortened]... s the Bible says in Hebrews 12:4 - Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Every type of religion would be able to find at least one person, who's ethical & moral standards are so high that they could effectively be considered to be (for want of a better expression) sinless.

Sin is defined by whatever religious teaching a person believes. And that defination maybe be different depending on which religion you follow.

In the christain religion, those living saints from the other religions would still be classed as sinners because of their worship to another god. Even though their charitable actions & deeds show otherwise.

Sin is therefore subjective to a persons belief, and unlikely to be the root cause of spiritual blindness.

Spiritual Blindness is caused by a closed mind, one that cannot see beyond its own point of views.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
20 Jun 05

Originally posted by Conrau K
Romans 1. 28-32. This passage carefully explains that if you are ignorant (which means to ignore God) you will become disposed to sinful actions. Sin is just an absence of God. God can only be absent (he is omnipotent and ubiquitous) if you ignore him. Hence, ignorance is the root of sin and the absence of God. I think you will find that ignorance is sin. If you choose to ignore God that cannot be remedied.
Ignore is not the same as Ignorance. Ignorance is lacking of knowledge through being unware of it. Whilst to ignore is a delibrate action. Therefore ignoring god and ignorance of god are too different things.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
20 Jun 05

I think that sin is the main cause.
Are we casting stones today?

a

Meddling with things

Moves
20 Jun 05

Spiritual blindness prevents a person from seeing the Truth.
Your blind from having nothing but the bible in front of your eyes

a

Meddling with things

Moves
20 Jun 05

But do you think that sin can be a cause?
In your case your determination to disbelieve everything if it doesn't root itself in the bible is what makes you blind