So, why is god punishing me?

So, why is god punishing me?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
To be more specific would be the same as interpretating , which I will not do. The Way is in the Word seek it.

thats understandable I would resent being equated to dj too.
Okay. Which Word then? And if I understand you correctly there seems to be no extra-personal parameters for determining if anybody is on the "Way" or not. So if anybody is acting in accordance with "Christ's words" (I'm still looking for your insight on which they are) they are on the Way?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Okay. Which Word then? And if I understand you correctly there seems to be no extra-personal parameters for determining if anybody is on the "Way" or not. So if anybody is acting in accordance with "Christ's words" (I'm still looking for your insight on which they are) they are on the Way?
It's a matter of whole cloth, take away the distractions and you will see, but If you do see: you will become a "heretic"

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
15 Aug 05

It's a matter of whole cloth, take away the distractions and you will see, but If you do see: you will become a "heretic"
Does your group of "heretics" have a name?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
15 Aug 05

Should we open another thread? I think we've hijacked this one...

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
15 Aug 05

Does your group of "heretics" have a name?
Not mine: Christ's. Depends on who's doing the naming. However, if I was a lone voice calling out from the wilderness, the message would be the same : " Seek and ye shall find"

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
15 Aug 05
1 edit

Not mine: Christ's. Depends on who's doing the naming. However, if I was a lone voice calling out from the wilderness, the message would be the same : " Seek and ye shall find"
not another " frogstomp insult " thread ? lol ,,,oops sorry that was dj.
btw how did that work out?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
15 Aug 05

not another " frogstomp insult " thread ? lol ,,,oops sorry that was dj.
btw how did that work out?
😉

Not much insulting happened unfortunately. I was looking forward to some plebby verbiage.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
15 Aug 05

😉

Not much insulting happened unfortunately. I was looking forward to some plebby verbiage.
tossing gratuitous insults isnt my bag, I do need a reason lol

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Aug 05

How much wool is on your eyelids? Why you can't see what His message is? You have Christ's words, you don't need anything else, and you diminish Christ by seeking other sources, paul included.
You keep saying things like this, but this isn't part of the Christian
doctrine, it is part of yours, because of your lack of understanding
of the Holy Spirit of God, you diminish Christ.
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
All who have received the Spirit of God understand His word. (Without the Spirt to teach you and guide you, you simply have your own sinful human interpretation.)
The SECRET DECODER RING THEORY rides again!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
You keep saying things like this, but this isn't part of the Christian
doctrine, it is part of yours, because of your lack of understanding
of the Holy Spirit of God, you diminish Christ.
Kelly
So sayeth the Prophet of God KellyJay.

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
The SECRET DECODER RING THEORY rides again!!!
Have you read the book of Acts?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Aug 05

Have you read the book of Acts?
Not much; what does Jesus say in it? I know there's some argument between Paul and Jesus' brother and the church Jesus founded, though. What's up with that???

Moves
15 Aug 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Not much; what does Jesus say in it? I know there's some argument between Paul and Jesus' brother and the church Jesus founded, though. What's up with that???
Jesus promised the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the gospels. If you read Acts you will find out how it really happened...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Aug 05

Jesus promised the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the gospels. If you read Acts you will find out how it really happened...
Cuz the author of Acts says so? Did he get elected Jesus for a Day after Jesus left town?