1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think maybe it's time to dial the rhetoric back a notch. The JWs and the non-JWs have been at it for almost a week now. I myself am guilty of some scathing posts aimed at Robbie and you and Galveston have been going back and forth also. I'm pretty satisfied at this point that JWs in general and Robbie and Galveston in particular are good Christians, ev ome of the animosity out of it. I think most of us have had our fill by now, anyways.
    Why are you directing this revelation of yours at me?

Edit: although I do agree somewhat.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 21:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why are you directing this revelation of yours at me?
    Because I considered you to be basically on my side (not literally, but, you know) in this latest JW vs. non-JW smackdown we've been having for the past week. And you two seem to be the last ones going at it, and it was a concession to Galveston to say to my virtual teammate "psssssst, be cool".

That's all. It was realistically aimed at everyone in the conflict, I just chose you to reply to to write what I wanted to say.

If you're still foaming at the mouth, that's cool, I guess. Bite my hand off then. But I still think we can dial all this back just a bit, which is the point of what I said, regardless of whom I "directed" it at.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 21:512 edits
    Because I considered you to be basically on my side (not literally, but, you know) in this latest JW vs. non-JW smackdown we've been having for the past week. And you two seem to be the last ones going at it, and it was a concession to Galveston to say to my virtual teammate "psssssst, be cool".

That's all. It was realistically aimed at everyone in the ck just a bit, which is the point of what I said, regardless of whom I "directed" it at.
    On your side? I appreciate your tact and intent here Suzianne, but you and I have hardly conversed here in my 3 years of membership at rhp and I certainly don't remember you posting in the recent thread debating the deity of Jesus, which generated much of the recent debate. So I'm not sure why you feel qualified to intervene now.

My challenges to the JW's have only once become personal (on my part) and that was to robbie carrobie, who tonight judged me as a "nominal Christian".

As Christians we are bound to contend for the truth. This is something I feel particularly burdened by, and to be frank I'm not concerned that my challenges to those who deny the deity of Jesus and his complete work at Calvary causes some uncomfortable vibes. Jesus said "do not think I am come to bring piece on earth". A surprising statement from the Prince of piece, but a revealing one when considering who he claimed to be.

In short, both JW's entered my thread on the deity of Christ; both challenging his rightful name and identity. Both claim that salvation is not exclusively through faith in Christ and because of his finished work at Calvary, and both claim that Christian recognition and salvation is only authentic through membership of a man-made organisation. So no I don't feel bad about creating waves.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 22:57
    On your side? I appreciate your tact and intent here Suzianne, but you and I have hardly conversed here in my 3 years of membership at rhp and I certainly don't remember you posting in the recent thread debating the deity of Jesus, which generated much of the recent debate. So I'm not sure why you feel qualified to intervene now.

My challenges to ...[text shortened]... h membership of a man-made organisation. So no I don't feel bad about creating waves.
    Psssst ..I never said that. I think I said God will judge who does and doesn't qualify. But I think I also said I truely believe as an organization as did Robbie that from what the Bible says, even in yours, that we are the only ones who take Jesus's words to heart and do what he said to do as for as preaching about God's Kingdom earth wide whom Jesus will be the ruler of. 8 billion hours a year spent doing this should qualify for taking it serious I would think
    Psssst again. Please say the truth if your going to quote what I say. Thank you.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 23:031 edit

My challenges to h membership of a man-made organisation. So no I don't feel bad about creating waves.
    I have been trading increasingly vitriolic posts with Robbie for days now, and I have seen others (including you) doing the same. I do not recall this thread you speak of debating the deity of Jesus; could you point me to it? It seems we've been in similar orbits, yet perhaps in different threads. I wouldn't call my posting to you an intervention, just a request to all to dial back the inflammatory posting that we've all been guilty of. Yes, I realize Christians have argued here before, sometimes quite vehemently, which I've observed firsthand this week. It's just that it has been going on all week, and I was trying to reduce the intensity just a bit.

As you say, it was this thread about "Nominal Christians" that brought all this fighting to a head. I do not know how I missed this thread you speak of about the deity of Christ, but I'd love to see it. You do realize that JWs not only do not believe in the Triune concept of God, but that salvation is not exclusively through Grace alone. (Perhaps you missed me asking Robbie in this thread why he does not believe in Grace and how his unbelief qualifies him to be a Christian. This is partially why I thought of you as "on my side" because we were making similar arguments. Heck, man, we even both quoted Ephesians 2:8-9 in two separate posts in different threads.) As for the idea that only JWs can be Christians, perhaps you also missed my comments that other denominations probably make similar claims so what's really the big deal. Christians have been fighting and dying over arguments like that for too long already.

All this aside, we all have to share this forum, so as adults, as Christians, we should make attempts to live peaceably in it. Also, all this infighting doesn't serve as good Christian witness to the "other" side of the aisle here. I guess if you want to rip heads off and scorch the earth, go ahead. I'm tired of nitpicking with the JWs, frankly, and I just wanted to chill out the bickering here a bit since at least one other person was feeling like the entire forum had his feet to the flames unnecessarily. This is what causes threads like the the "Nominal Christians" thread.

All I was asking for was a step back and breathe for a minute. From everyone.

Edit: I see now that this deity of Jesus thread is the thread "Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?" No, I kinda skipped over this thread, sorry, maybe I should take a look.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Apr '11 23:08
    I have been trading increasingly vitriolic posts with Robbie for days now, and I have seen others (including you) doing the same. I do not recall this thread you speak of debating the deity of Jesus; could you point me to it? It seems we've been in similar orbits, yet perhaps in different threads. I wouldn't call my posting to you an intervention, just a ...[text shortened]... T?" No, I kinda skipped over this thread, sorry, maybe I should take a look.
    I completely agree Suzi. I hate that this always ends up in this way as there is no need in it at all. But then again Jesus said it would happen. But it can still be controlled and not made personal.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 04:31
    I think maybe it's time to dial the rhetoric back a notch. The JWs and the non-JWs have been at it for almost a week now. I myself am guilty of some scathing posts aimed at Robbie and you and Galveston have been going back and forth also. I'm pretty satisfied at this point that JWs in general and Robbie and Galveston in particular are good Christians, ev ...[text shortened]... ome of the animosity out of it. I think most of us have had our fill by now, anyways.
    They say that your not a Christian or mere plastic at best (Anyone not part of the organization is not a Christian)

Manny
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 04:421 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    They say that your not a Christian or mere plastic at best (Anyone not part of the organization is not a Christian)

Manny
    If our referring to me I don't believe I've ever said those words. If your not then fine but if you are as you said "they" your not being honest and are misquoting me my friend.
    There seems to be a run on slander here at RHP all of a sudden and it needs to stop . It's not a good trait to have if you are indeed a Christian.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 04:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If our referring to me I don't believe I've ever said those words. If your not then fine but if you are as you said "they" your not being honest and are misquoting me my friend.
    There seems to be a run on slander here at RHP all of a sudden and it needs to stop . It's not a good trait to have if you are indeed a Christian.
    Ok I give you an apology G-75 but RC said such and so be it. RC does not have to apologize for anything He believes what he believes.

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 04:53
    I would say the "they" then is the JW organization in general.
    I apologize for not making the distinction between your views and RC's
    I try not to attack you guys in a personal way like example: G-75 your stupid or something I really try. I do attack the beliefs of your organization however.

Manny
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 04:59
    I would say the "they" then is the JW organization in general.
    I apologize for not making the distinction between your views and RC's
    I try not to attack you guys in a personal way like example: G-75 your stupid or something I really try. I do attack the beliefs of your organization however.

Manny
    Thanks Manny for the apology. I know your not that way and forgive me if I ever do that to you or anyone else.
    We all have to try seriously to get along here as we or at least most of us love God and the Bible and are always trying to learn. Thanks......
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 07:03
    Ok I give you an apology G-75 but RC said such and so be it. RC does not have to apologize for anything He believes what he believes.

Manny
    But RC did apologize to me in another thread, for all the fighting and for creating the "Nominal Christians" thread.

So I reciprocated.

I just thought if RC apologized (whoa!), then maybe we can all just take a step back.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 07:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks Manny for the apology. I know your not that way and forgive me if I ever do that to you or anyone else.
    We all have to try seriously to get along here as we or at least most of us love God and the Bible and are always trying to learn. Thanks......
    There you go! That's what I'm talking about.

😀
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 07:11
    There you go! That's what I'm talking about.

😀
    We can do it...... 🙂
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 07:291 edit
    I have been trading increasingly vitriolic posts with Robbie for days now, and I have seen others (including you) doing the same. I do not recall this thread you speak of debating the deity of Jesus; could you point me to it? It seems we've been in similar orbits, yet perhaps in different threads. I wouldn't call my posting to you an intervention, just a T?" No, I kinda skipped over this thread, sorry, maybe I should take a look.
    As I said I do appreciate your tact and intent, bit I do think you are over-reacting to a couple of recent posts which have been provoked by robbie carrobie in the this thread. I don't see anyone "ripping anyone's head off" just strong opinion, debate and challenge; in fact if you look through the recent 2 or 3 threads, you will see it is generally the JWs who get irate with people challenging their doctrines.

You may be feeling uncomfortable with your own posting to RC, but I'm happy with every post I've made this last week, although my initial response to robbie in this thread was an angry one - if you read the thread you will see why.

It is not for Christians to keep the peace and acquiesce the position of grace and complete justification won by Jesus - our role is to contend for the truth whilst it is called 'today'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree