Silence

Silence

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I wasn't really thinking of him, but now that you mention it, the title seems to fit him, too!
Nietzsche's “I am a Law only for my own kind -I am no Law for all” is Greek to you, my dear fundamentalist Protestant that you find insufferable the German’s perspectivism and anti-foundationalism. Nietzsche is not a sophist for his perspectivism does not entail neither denial of a specific truth nor a denial of a specific value independent of pragmatic use. His thesis entails a recognition of the coercive force of relations regarding the accepted so called dominant truths; since this interpretation forces the individual to look at the world through as many lenses as possible in the interests of a more inclusive “truth”, you, my darling Freaky -chained big time for the time being with your personal absolute truth- you cannot escape neither your dualism nor your fanaticism and your religionism. And this is the reason why you keep your precious personal Jesus hot in furs and diamonds whilst condemning Mohammed as a terrorist, Dalai Lama as a fool and the rest as insufferable pagans.

I understand Nietzsche although I do not follow his ideology -but anyway I am thankful you saved the same title to him and to this miserable atheist black beetle
😵

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by buckky
How come we never hear anything new from God these day's ?
Because He's done talking. God has said all that needs to be said.

The next thing on the agenda is His second coming. Count on it.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
17 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by black beetle
Nietzsche's “I am a Law only for my own kind -I am no Law for all” is Greek to you, my dear fundamentalist Protestant that you find insufferable the German’s perspectivism and anti-foundationalism. Nietzsche is not a sophist for his perspectivism does not entail neither denial of a specific truth nor a denial of a specific value independent of pragmatic ...[text shortened]... ay I am thankful you saved the same title to him and to this miserable atheist black beetle
😵
Nietzsche's “I am a Law only for my own kind -I am no Law for all” is Greek to you...
I was going to go with English, but if you think it Greek, I guess you would know.

Nonetheless, let's break that down, shall we? First, let's consider the following definition of solipsism:

a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing; also : extreme egocentrism

Now, applying that definition to your quote, can we not see that Freddy was espousing nothing but an egocentric view of life? Here, you have him saying that he is the law, not some outside source.

Nietzsche is not a sophist for his perspectivism does not entail neither denial of a specific truth nor a denial of a specific value independent of pragmatic use.
He absolutely was a sophist in literally every rendition of the word. He wished to become wise, he was a deceiver, he appeared to be learned but was instead a fool, etc., etc..

Even by your definition (again, you use words in a fashion completely detached from their normative use), Freddy decidedly denied a specific truth. Ask anyone who knows a smattering of modern philosophy, and they will confirm Freddy's infamous "God is dead" quote as the most recognizable phrase to seep out of that sewer. If that's not a denial of truth, then none exist.

you cannot escape neither your dualism nor your fanaticism and your religionism.
Actually, your arrogance toward Christianity has totally blinded you into thinking that it is about dualism, requires fanaticism and is a religion. Elsewhere lies the truth. See all the good things you miss because of your inflated self-image?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Dec 09
1 edit

Of course there is silence; even your beloved Osho knew it -and he knew well how one can rise to this level😵
there is no silence . Except the silence of the mind. But you can still hear stuff,no?

edit: in my concious life experience I've never experienced complete silence. So i conclude that there is no silence.
I have silenced my mind but i could still hear stuff. U follow?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
18 Dec 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
there is no silence . Except the silence of the mind. But you can still hear stuff,no?

edit: in my concious life experience I've never experienced complete silence. So i conclude that there is no silence.
I have silenced my mind but i could still hear stuff. U follow?
Mind the Thief😵

F

Moves
18 Dec 09

actually there is no such thing as silence. Even in deep space there is still some background "hiss",no?
Only when we are unconcious is there silence. And thats because we are unconcious, not because there is really silence.
If sound is defined as perception in our ears, there will never be silence. Our body will always produce sound that is picked up with our ears. If we recognize this as a sound, then it doesn't matter if we are concious or non-concious. If we have to experience the sound as sound, then we have to be concious.

If sound is defined as vibration in a medium, then there are places with no sound - in vacuum. Atoms in space are to far away from eachother to define sound, therefore in space there is totally silence.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
18 Dec 09

[b]Nietzsche's “I am a Law only for my own kind -I am no Law for all” is Greek to you...
I was going to go with English, but if you think it Greek, I guess you would know.

Nonetheless, let's break that down, shall we? First, let's consider the following definition of solipsism:

[i]a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own mod ...[text shortened]... re lies the truth. See all the good things you miss because of your inflated self-image?[/b]
So whoever challenges your precious Christian morality is “arrogant”! Interesting.
In fact the German had his personal opinion and he bowed to creativity, life and health as one can perceive them enjoying her/ his life herenow. Like the German I leave afterlife for you -I will keep up questioning at every level any kind of doctrine that sucks the energy from life;

I leave you all the divine revelations and your “absolute truth”, I am satisfied with my interaction with the physical world and with the insight that I know nothing but myself. The German knew Aristotle, Theognis and Simonides so well that his “Birth of the Tragedy” is classic; once Nietzsche understood that the irrational thought -regardless of its sources- destroys all creativity and reality, he identified in the Presocratic doctrines the pure Dionysian energy that turned this philosophy into a healthy force. He understood that the Abrahamic religions were keeping free thinking in a bottle and he tried to associate the Dionysian energy with creativity, joy and reality herenow.
And “On Truth and Lies in an Nonmoral Sense” he simply rejected the idea of universal constants for “absolute truth” is nothing but a bunch of metaphors, metonyms and anthropomorphisms. And I agree with this thesis.
At his “Human All-Too-Human, A Book for Free Spirits” he refused to establish a specific philosophical system and instead he offered his view regarding cultural and psychological phenomena in relation to the individual. His so called “will of power” is associated with his understanding of the nature of health according to the Ancient Greeks’ agon, and at his “Zarathustra” he offered clearly these reflections on the cultural relativity at the basis of Christian moral evaluations.
At his “Gay Science” he proclaimed that “God is dead” simply because he wanted to react to the theoplacia of an ultimate judgmental supernatural authority who is walking with its dirty boots inside everybody’s mind. He wanted to promote the inherent freedom and the understanding of the real world herenow instead of accepting blindly miscellaneous mambo-jambo doctrines regarding pain-relieving heavenly otherworlds. So a sophist he was not -he just wanted to live his way.
In “Beyond Good and Evil” he shows how identified imagination, self-assertion, danger, originality and the creation of values are the qualities of the genuine philosophers and thus he avoided dualism. Nietzsche tried to rise beyond Good/ Evil and he denied that there is a universal morality applicable indiscriminately to every human being because he was thinking that some moralities are more suitable for subordinate roles whilst other are appropriate for dominating and leading social roles. And over here I dismiss this thesis because I cannot accept that what counts as a preferable and legitimate action depends upon the kind of person one is. I always fight against the idea that the deciding factor is whether one is weaker or whether one is healthier, more powerful and overflowing with life. However methinks Nietzsche is right when he says that there are no absolutes.

So, in your opinion, where lies my "arrogance" toward Christianity and how am I blinded regarding this religion, my dear Protestant? "Do This because God said so" and at the same time "Do not do That because God said so" is dualism. I have a mind on my own and I go beyond this crossroad.
And where is that "Elsewhere" where "lies the truth" (your personal truth, your absoloute truth, that is)? What are in your opinion the good things I miss because I live according to the evaluation of my mind?
😵

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Dec 09

a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing; also : extreme egocentrism

Now, applying that definition to your quote, can we not see that Freddy was espousing nothing [b]but
an egocentric view of life? Here, you have him saying that he is the law, not some outside source.[/b]
No, that is not Nietzsche's view of the self. But don't let your obvious lack with engagement with his work at any level put you off pontificating.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
18 Dec 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
No, that is not Nietzsche's view of the self. But don't let your obvious lack with engagement with his work at any level put you off pontificating.
Leningrand is tricky
tricky tricky
tricky tricky😵

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Dec 09

Leningrand is tricky
tricky tricky
tricky tricky😵
It's nice to have a goal.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
18 Dec 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
It's nice to have a goal.
Sure thing
but goal is empty😵

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Dec 09

Sure thing
but goal is empty😵
Well yeah, or the ball would bounce off it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Dec 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If sound is defined as perception in our ears, there will never be silence. Our body will always produce sound that is picked up with our ears. If we recognize this as a sound, then it doesn't matter if we are concious or non-concious. If we have to experience the sound as sound, then we have to be concious.

If sound is defined as vibration in a mediu ...[text shortened]... ce are to far away from eachother to define sound, therefore in space there is totally silence.
Are you sure about that? I,ve heard it debated that there is no such thing as as a perfect vacuum. I'm not sure because you would have to observe it first which would bring into it the observer...

F

Moves
18 Dec 09

Are you sure about that? I,ve heard it debated that there is no such thing as as a perfect vacuum. I'm not sure because you would have to observe it first which would bring into it the observer...
If we're talking about sonic sound, there is vacuum enogh in the space.

(But you're right, there are no such thing as a perfect vacuum in macro scale.)

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Dec 09

So whoever challenges your precious Christian morality is “arrogant”! Interesting.
In fact the German had his personal opinion and he bowed to creativity, life and health as one can perceive them enjoying her/ his life herenow. Like the German I leave afterlife for you -I will keep up questioning at every level any kind of doctrine that sucks the energ ...[text shortened]... nion the good things I miss because I live according to the evaluation of my mind?
😵
Talk about your low-hanging fruit. Oh, well. You have no problem leaving it there, I guess someone has to pick it.

So whoever challenges your precious Christian morality is “arrogant”!
Christianity is not about morality. Challenge away.

We are all going to submit to some thing. We will either submit to truth, or we will insist on going our own way and figuring it (life, meaning) out on our own. You say as much with your next statements...

In fact the German had his personal opinion and he bowed to creativity, life and health as one can perceive them enjoying her/ his life herenow.
Pragmatically speaking, how did that health part work out for him? Oh: and he was German? Interesting. You may want to re-check your facts.

I will keep up questioning at every level any kind of doctrine that sucks the energy from life
I had already concluded that you were here for a reason.

... once Nietzsche understood that the irrational thought -regardless of its sources- destroys all creativity and reality, he identified in the Presocratic doctrines the pure Dionysian energy that turned this philosophy into a healthy force.
It appears that only too late did Freddy come to understand that his insistence that true creativity--- that reality itself--- was found somewhere other than God was what drove him to his spiraling madness and eventual tormented death. Funny how those things we think will offer us freedom end up enslaving us, don't you agree?

... he wanted to react to the theoplacia of an ultimate judgmental supernatural authority who is walking with its dirty boots inside everybody’s mind. He wanted to promote the inherent freedom and the understanding of the real world herenow instead of accepting blindly miscellaneous mambo-jambo doctrines regarding pain-relieving heavenly otherworlds.
Wise in his rejection of blind acceptance of anything, he probably should have looked a little closer at determining what Christianity is truly all about. While there is emphatically an end goal of a final state of eternal communion with the Creator of the universe, the object of Christianity is to have that start here, now... not some far-off date in the unknown future.

So a sophist he was not -he just wanted to live his way.
Well, that is a conclusion. It's just the wrong one. A sophist is one who appears to possess knowledge, but is instead simply a clever person... clever meant in a bad way, of course. Replacing the established truth of God's reality with the quagmire of gobbledygook that Freddy eventually produced even more solidifies his position as one of the ultimate fools of history.

However methinks Nietzsche is right when he says that there are no absolutes.
Oh, absolutely.
🙄🙄

"Do This because God said so" and at the same time "Do not do That because God said so" is dualism.
Kinda. I understand dualism to be more a view which considers Good and Evil as equal on the axis of reality. This is not the Christian view, however. You know, I've said this to you before, but you continue to pin this label on my beliefs as though you just can't have it any other way. Don't you think that a tad unusual?