Signs of the Last Days

Signs of the Last Days

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Maybe the carbon emission problem will go away when we get rid of Obama and sonhouse.
R. J. I thought you were a "Christian"!!! I wonder why people like sonhouse don't care for your god. I hope you take notice how i spelled your god versus my God.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Pudgenik
R. J. I thought you were a "Christian"!!! I wonder why people like sonhouse don't care for your god. I hope you take notice how i spelled your god versus my God.
Can't you tell that I was being facetious? I don't really want to do away with sonhouse. Now Obama, might be another matter. 😀

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

I'm not saying there are habits that mankind should ignore. Like harvesting fish to the point of extinction. Fish also clean the oceans.

There is a lot of talk about Co2's, but what of all the other things that nobody talks about.

It is always good to take things in moderation. And to be aware of what we do, individually and as a country.

More ste ...[text shortened]... lightning ever been thought of? Just imagine how much electricity could be caught with one bolt.
Yes, people have often dreamed of capturing lightning. The tiny problem is it comes in a vast flood of 100 million volt electrons, a hundred times higher voltage than a high tension line. And it only lasts for a second or less. Thousands of amps and maybe a billion joules but that is like using a tsunami for a power source, with a little paddle wheel trying to capture the power of the tsunami.

A billion joules would power a 100 watt light for almost 4 months but stuffing it into a box is more than a bit daunting.

P

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Yes, people have often dreamed of capturing lightning. The tiny problem is it comes in a vast flood of 100 million volt electrons, a hundred times higher voltage than a high tension line. And it only lasts for a second or less. Thousands of amps and maybe a billion joules but that is like using a tsunami for a power source, with a little paddle wheel trying ...[text shortened]... wer a 100 watt light for almost 4 months but stuffing it into a box is more than a bit daunting.
Certainly!

The mind and imagination is a beautiful mystery. People come up with the darndest things. Give it time. It is easy to attract the bolts, just need something to contain it.

What, you never wanted to be in a canoe (with a paddle) in the middle of a hurricane??? Come on sonhouse, where is the kid in you. ha ha

P

Moves
10 Jul 14

Can't you tell that I was being facetious? I don't really want to do away with sonhouse. Now Obama, might be another matter. 😀
Nope, you never indicated you were trying to be funny.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14

Nope, you never indicated you were trying to be funny.
I was not trying so much to be funny as facetious in a politically incorrect manner. However, you should know that getting rid of two people, no matter who they are isn't going to have any effect on carbon emissions. I thought you should know me well enough by now to know I am not that stupid regardless of what my political and religious enemies might say about me.

d

Moves
10 Jul 14

Well, I believe you are partially right in that he whole world was in one area, since the earth had not divided into continents at that time. But it is clear that the water was over the high mountains, which were not as high then, and I guess you have heard in science class that water seeks its own level.
So, you are not in the "6000 years" business. You are camping on the "old Earth" side. So, Noah lived around 300 000 000 BC and all those towns and events from the Bible are hundred of millions years old. Silly scientist and their stories about human evolution, fossil record, radiometric dating, geologic record, DNA mapping, language evolution, etc! They got it all wrong!

Cape Town

Moves
10 Jul 14

Obviously i am no scientist. But i know a little. Do you know what Co2 is caused by?
Yes, I know about the carbon cycle.

Plant life eats Co2 like candy. They can't get enough of it.
Yes. I know that. How is it relevant again?

Also, rain does wonders. Did you know every rain drop contains dust particles. Rain cleans the air, much like the scrubbers that are used in coal burning plants.
Which is why the acidity of the sea is rising too.

But nothing you have said contradicts the known and measurable fact that the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is rising steadily. Do you deny that it is rising?

Much to the shagrin of the environmentalists, in the U.S. the coal burning plants are at about 1% emmisions. Pres. Obama's claim of the coal plants causing tons of pollution is false. U.S. regulations over the past 10+ years have made the coal plants become "clean burners" .
OK, please tell us approximately how much CO2 those coal plants produce. Also tell us what other pollutants they produce.
Hint: In terms of CO2, it is not tons, its gigatons.
And please provide a reference for your 1% figure because the sources I found said 24%

Also please explain where this website is so wrong that it totally contradicts everything you just said:
http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/coalvswind/c02c.html

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by danielnovacovici
So, you are not in the "6000 years" business. You are camping on the "old Earth" side. So, Noah lived around 300 000 000 BC and all those towns and events from the Bible are hundred of millions years old. Silly scientist and their stories about human evolution, fossil record, radiometric dating, geologic record, DNA mapping, language evolution, etc! They got it all wrong!
I believe it is more likely to get it right, if the earth is only 6,000 years old. I think trying to pinpoint events that supposedly happened millions of years ago leaves too much room to get it right. So yes, I believe the old earth people are all wrong.

d

Moves
10 Jul 14

I believe it is more likely to get it right, if the earth is only 6,000 years old. I think trying to pinpoint events that supposedly happened millions of years ago leaves too much room to get it right. So yes, I believe the old earth people are all wrong.
Then I'm puzzled. You actually think that 6000 years ago the whole land on Earth was only one super-continent?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 14

Then I'm puzzled. You actually think that 6000 years ago the whole land on Earth was only one super-continent?
He believes his god made everything like it is today with fossils that only LOOK like they are millions of years old, doing that just to fool us. A trickster god.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14

Yes. The scientist also believe there was one super-continent and it split up into the continents we have today. The main difference between the Biblical account and what the scientist believe today is the time.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
He believes his god made everything like it is today with fossils that only LOOK like they are millions of years old, doing that just to fool us. A trickster god.
I have told you what I believe and you continue to lie and tell other people I believe something stupid. God is not a trickster.

God left us a record of what He did and that did not include hiding fossils that look like they are millions of years old. Anyway, you can not LOOK at a fossil and know how old it is. Fossils do not have any date stamped on them. The evolutionists basically just pull a date out of their ass that agrees with their evolution theory to place on it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jul 14

Wars and rumors of wars in israel

Wars and rumors of wars as the Palestinian Islamic Terrorist group Hamas fires 100 Rockets into Israel.

Prime Minister Netanyahu is calling on all Arab leaders to take responsibility and bring peace in Israel

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jul 14

Protective Sledge: Gaza death toll over 60, Israel vows intensifying airstrikes
Jul 10, 2014