S/He said what?

S/He said what?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
How about:

oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes!

Have you ever done a woman that gave you that kind of compliment, GB?
BDG, intimate personal life activities are hardly appropriate to offer as public fodder for the curious or voyeurs.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You obviously do not know the difference between being a prude and being a perv.
According to your site profile you're a "Primary School Teacher from England now working in New Zealand". Teach me.

Edit Note: ...please.

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
The sole intent of "What word does an avowed atheist exclaim or moan at the peak of sexual orgasm?" is/was to illustrate the likelihood of a subliminal or subconscious awareness or recognition of the existence of God. Nothing more.
And you failed spectacularly to demonstrate anything of the sort.

Apart from the idiocy of "avowed atheist", the language used in any extremis tends
to be that which flows most naturally, IE that which was learned when young.
The suitability or validity of the language is irrelevant.

We live in a world with a long history of fervent religious belief which has had a huge
influence on the language we use. Exclaiming "Oh God" [at anything] in no way
demonstrates either that god exists, or that the person doing the exclaiming is thinking
about or believes in god. It's JUST a phrase. That is all.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
11 Jun 14

BDG, intimate personal life activities are hardly appropriate to offer as public fodder for the curious or voyeurs.
"Why be prudish? Perfect environment and perfect sex were God's Wedding Gifts to the first man and woman in the Garden."

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 14

"Why be prudish? Perfect environment and perfect sex were God's Wedding Gifts to the first man and woman in the Garden."
Neither the first man nor first woman, who walked naked 24/7 were the least bit inhibited or boastful; they were fulfilled.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
And you failed spectacularly to demonstrate anything of the sort.

Apart from the idiocy of "avowed atheist", the language used in any extremis tends
to be that which flows most naturally, IE that which was learned when young.
The suitability or validity of the language is irrelevant.

We live in a world with a long history of fervent religious be ...[text shortened]... on doing the exclaiming is thinking
about or believes in god. It's JUST a phrase. That is all.
"That is all." -googlefudge

Guess that dictum precludes reply.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
12 Jun 14

Neither the first man nor first woman, who walked naked 24/7 were the least bit inhibited or boastful; they were fulfilled.
..and back you go onto the block list. It is so much more peaceful reading these forums without your posts in them.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Jun 14

According to your site profile you're a "Primary School Teacher from England now working in New Zealand". Teach me.

Edit Note: ...please.
The children I work with are curious, intelligent and honest.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Jun 14

The sole intent of "What word does an avowed atheist exclaim or moan at the peak of sexual orgasm?" is/was to illustrate the likelihood of a subliminal or subconscious awareness or recognition of the existence of God. Nothing more.
So do you now know that what people exclaim is largely cultural and of course language dependent? Or are you continuing to insist on your claim despite all evidence to the contrary?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Jun 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
So do you now know that what people exclaim is largely cultural and of course language dependent? Or are you continuing to insist on your claim despite all evidence to the contrary?
"... largely cultural and of course language dependent?" Yes. And their spoken and/or unspoken assumptions and beliefs.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Jun 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
The children I work with are curious, intelligent and honest.
Wonderful qualities that make for teachability in children and adults; what would you
teach them about the "difference between being a prude and being a perv."?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Jun 14

..and back you go onto the block list. It is so much more peaceful reading these forums without your posts in them.

BDP, where's the disconnect between the direct question: "Why be prudish?" and the accuracy of a graphic answer?

Cape Town

Moves
12 Jun 14
1 edit

And their spoken and/or unspoken assumptions and beliefs.
I would fully agree that beliefs have a big impact, but those beliefs cannot be directly determined from the content of the exclamation.
So for example, I personally do tend to avoid religious exclamations (despite cultural conditioning) because of my beliefs or lack thereof.
I also avoid rude words in my exclamations because of how I feel about foul language.
I might use a word like aigoo (korean with no particular meaning) or tian (chinese meaning 'heaven' ) because I watch a lot of korean and chinese soapies. But neither of those expressions will tell you anything whatsoever about my religious beliefs, and if they had referred to particular deities, they would still tell you nothing.

This morning I heard my son say 'Oh my word!'. What does that tell you about his unspoken assumptions and beliefs?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Jun 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
I would fully agree that beliefs have a big impact, but those beliefs cannot be directly determined from the content of the exclamation.
So for example, I personally do tend to avoid religious exclamations (despite cultural conditioning) because of my beliefs or lack thereof.
I also avoid rude words in my exclamations because of how I feel about foul la ...[text shortened]... rd my son say 'Oh my word!'. What does that tell you about his unspoken assumptions and beliefs?
Though the two are intertwined, I'd agree that cultural conditioning often trumps assumptions and beliefs. Insightful reply.