Shamanism

Shamanism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Apr 10

Currently undergoing a massive resurgence in popularity especially among middle-class westerners, I understand. Anyone out there able to enlighten us as to why?

Moves
19 Apr 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Currently undergoing a massive resurgence in popularity especially among middle-class westerners, I understand. Anyone out there able to enlighten us as to why?
Massive resurgence? That's quite an overstatement don't you think?

There has been a very small resurgence of pagan religions amongst westerners and a small portion of them are into the shamanic aspects of whatever pagan religion they happen to be involved with. However you are talking a minority within a minority.

Personally I find that, for the most part, these people are looking for some attention or recognition. In other words, they want others to think they have some sort of magical/mystical powers when the reality is most of them can't hold down a decent job or move out of mom's basement.

Well that's the cynical view anyhow.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Apr 10

Well I know three. And one of them's quite massive...

Moves
19 Apr 10

Well I know three. And one of them's quite massive...
Oh okay. Well yeah you're right a lot of them are really massive.

Moves
20 Apr 10

The only popularity of shamanism in Westerners would be in holistic practices. A shaman is much more than that, though, to the tribe that he or she belongs.

F

Moves
20 Apr 10

As shamanism is older than any other religion it deserves some respect.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
As shamanism is older than any other religion it deserves some respect.
Yup, true enuff. Plus it makes more sense than Christianity...

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Apr 10
1 edit

Because the truth is too hard to believe?

Folks will come swarming to give you all their money if you have something to sell and you can convince them they want it.

But show them the way to have eternal life as a free gift and they'll call you a fool!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Apr 10

Originally posted by Ullr
Massive resurgence? That's quite an overstatement don't you think?

There has been a very small resurgence of pagan religions amongst westerners and a small portion of them are into the shamanic aspects of whatever pagan religion they happen to be involved with. However you are talking a minority within a minority.

Personally I find that, for the most pa ...[text shortened]... ld down a decent job or move out of mom's basement.

Well that's the cynical view anyhow.
Just cause you live in your moms basement doesn't mean anything.
Its whats on the inside that counts. And no easy answers,just HARD WORK. To become tough. Tough as nails!!