1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 09:34
    Originally posted by @eladar
    No more important that what he lived for. This is why it is important to live by God's instruction, not man's.
    Do you still think that you being a glutton is not sinful because it's not specifically called out in the NT?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 09:42
    Originally posted by @js357
    Isn't what a person dies for, what he thinks is important?
    Been thinking about this and I think these three scriptures

John 3

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John 14

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

John 15

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

The World Hates the Disciples
    18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[b] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’[c]

If Jesus' definition of love was the world's definition of love, would the world have hated Jesus?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 10:042 edits
    If Jesus' definition of love was the world's definition of love, would the world have hated Jesus?
    I think can categorically state for all concerned, that you are not disliked here because you are like Jesus.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 10:20
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think can categorically state for all concerned, that you are not disliked here because you are like Jesus.
    Of couse you believe that, you think Satan is Jesus and I am not like Satan.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 10:42
    Of couse you believe that, you think Satan is Jesus and I am not like Satan.
    What are you, 5.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 22:08
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What are you, 5.
    And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 04:041 edit
    And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
    Do you really think this verse means that you should be self-serving and immature? Get real.

This is what you're saying by quoting this in defense of your self-serving and immature behavior.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 14:16
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Do you really think this verse means that you should be self-serving and immature? Get real.

This is what you're saying by quoting this in defense of your self-serving and immature behavior.
    No, I do not believe it means to be like you.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 21:09
    If you make excuses for it, I suppose you can rationalize it away.

In a family, who is the head? Gender neutral or is the make always the head of the family if one follows Biblical instruction?

Did Jesus choose a female disciple or an all male club?
    I was always the head of my family. Even when I was a kid.
    I singelhandedly steered the family to make choices which fit with my wishes at the time.

I'm sure women are the heads of many families.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 21:12
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I'm of the opinion that most who call themselves Christian wants to be like Jesus, but you it
    seems wants to mold Jesus to be like you.
    Nice comment.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 21:17
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I was always the head of my family. Even when I was a kid.
    I singelhandedly steered the family to make choices which fit with my wishes at the time.

I'm sure women are the heads of many families.
    You, like most, reject God and his commands. This is true of many females who claim to be Christian but refuse to submit to their husbands.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 21:19
    You, like most, reject God and his commands. This is true of many females who claim to be Christian but refuse to submit to their husbands.
    I dont reject whats in my heart.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 21:20
    I dont reject whats in my heart.
    Exactly
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 21:39
    Exactly
    huh?
    You think I should reject whats in my heart for what written in an old book with your spin on it?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 21:46
    huh?
    You think I should reject whats in my heart for what written in an old book with your spin on it?
    No

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree