Sermon Judging

Sermon Judging

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Sep 11
2 edits

I'll start this now for the judges,whodey and anyone else who wants to help/contribute/query any of the judging procedures.
Could all other comments regarding the sermons be put into the othe "sermon" threads. Thank you

ps.could you put the deadlines on here as well please whodey?

w

Moves
16 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'll start this now for the judges,whodey and anyone else who wants to help/contribute/query any of the judging procedures.
Could all other comments regarding the sermons be put into the othe "sermon" threads. Thank you

ps.could you put the deadlines on here as well please whodey?
The deadline for sermons is on 9/16/11 at midnight!!!

The judging can start the following Saturday 9/17.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
16 Sep 11

Originally posted by whodey
The deadline for sermons is on 9/16/11 at midnight!!!

The judging can start the following Saturday 9/17.
Which means that judging can start at 12:01 am. Just sayin'...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Sep 11

Originally posted by rwingett
Which means that judging can start at 12:01 am. Just sayin'...
Its already past 12.01am on Saturday in some parts of the world. Which time zone are youall working with.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Its already past 12.01am on Saturday in some parts of the world. Which time zone are youall working with.
Oh yeah...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Sep 11

judging should go from eldest to youngest, so since I'm 37, I think I should have someone other judge go first. (bit nervous)

Moves
17 Sep 11
1 edit

Any chance of having the sermons grouped into one final thread?

Also is dasa's stuff classed as a sermon?

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
judging should go from eldest to youngest, so since I'm 37, I think I should have someone other judge go first. (bit nervous)
I'll be watching two plays a day here in Ashland OR till Monday and then driving all day on Monday home, so won't start till Tuesday. Reckon one or two days.

I understand it it's a blurb on each, then give 3 points (highest) to one, 2 to another, and 1 to a third. Should these go to a new post started by Whodey?

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Any chance of having the sermons grouped into one final thread?

Also is dasa's stuff classed as a sermon?
AFAIAC, if it's posted by him and is original and is posted to the correct thread.

w

Moves
17 Sep 11

Originally posted by JS357
I'll be watching two plays a day here in Ashland OR till Monday and then driving all day on Monday home, so won't start till Tuesday. Reckon one or two days.

I understand it it's a blurb on each, then give 3 points (highest) to one, 2 to another, and 1 to a third. Should these go to a new post started by Whodey?
I think all judging can be posted here.

w

Moves
18 Sep 11

Let the judging begin!!!

w

Moves
19 Sep 11

Hello judges? Anyone out there?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by whodey
Hello judges? Anyone out there?
I will doing all my judging in the next 48hrs.
Please list the entries,ie. the names of the people submitting them.(in alphabetical/numerical order, so we can easily reference them. As soon as the list appears (please do a bit of leg work for me) I rpomise to give the sermons my full attention and leave the other threads alone until it's done)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Sep 11
3 edits

Whodey's sermon: I thought you inferred a lot of "truths" in your sermon, which I would've pulled you up for in another thread🙂, but in hte spirit of sticking to judging fairly, I do believe that you had some great points and some not so great ones.
You used Jesus as a 'crutch' a bit too much,albeit indirectly and subtley. (this may not bother the other judges but you're not getting any ticks for me on that one :0 )

(this is just an innitial blurb after 3 readings. I may have more to add)

I assume there are no points to be allocated yet

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Sep 11
3 edits

After two readings of BB's sermon (the second with the music off), I can say that it is truly a great sermon.

(some problem(s) may arise here (and correct me of I'm worng, but if the sermons are being directed at the regular readers of this forum, (they must be a little bit), then some of the christians (and others ) may have trouble with terms like "incidentally obscured","filth"[in the context you used it],"Raise yourself above your instincts" and "cultivation",just to name four.
I undertand you use of these words perfectly well, but in the interests of fairnes and giving csome criticism (🙂) ....well, there ya go. )possibly more later after more readings and/or comments from the others. Cheers😀