Science and Religion

Science and Religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AH

Moves
21 Jan 09

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
[b]….the earth being round is a fact, not a theory. ..…

It is BOTH a theory AND a fact.
A “fact” is just a proven theory.

…the evolution theory is a theory. (it says so right in the name) ..…

Yes -and, like the theory that the Earth is round, for all practical purposes, it is a PROVEN theory -which means it is a FACT.[/b]
-not that I have any serious disagreement with you Zahlanzi 🙂

AH

Moves
21 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
another pearl of wisdom. he just proved that he is not a nazi, and quite the contrary, is anti-nazi, and that he considers nazi methods to be evil and to use them would mean for us the loss of the human condition.

and you come up with "he comes close".

are you and idiot? all this time we have debated with you on the premise that you are not and you can be reasoned with. but it seems that you really are retarded.
…he just proved that he is not a nazi, and quite the contrary, is anti-nazi, and that he considers nazi methods to be evil and to use them would mean for us the loss of the human condition. ..…

I think I can add one more to that list: I think the writings robbie carrobie showed of Darwin inadvertently indicate that Darwin, as a person, if anything, might have had unusually great altruism and kindness!

rc

Moves
21 Jan 09

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
[b]…he just proved that he is not a nazi, and quite the contrary, is anti-nazi, and that he considers nazi methods to be evil and to use them would mean for us the loss of the human condition. ..…

I think I can add one more to that list: I think the writings robbie carrobie showed of Darwin inadvertently indicate that Darwin, as a person, if anything, might have had unusually great altruism and kindness![/b]
what are you talking about, he equates humans with animals, terms them degenerate, ignoble and evil and hopes that they never procreate - he was a Nazi alright!

AH

Moves
21 Jan 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what are you talking about, he equates humans with animals, terms them degenerate, ignoble and evil and hopes that they never procreate - he was a Nazi alright!
…he equates humans with animals,..…

Of course he does. that’s because we are “animals”. We are mammals and all mammals are “animals” -that scientific fact does not in any way support nazism.

….terms them degenerate, ignoble and evil ..…

where does he do that?

….- he was a Nazi alright!..…

You just said he wasn’t!

P

weedhopper

Moves
21 Jan 09

Originally posted by Swlabr
Whenever I encounter a book that mixes science with religion - either looking at science from a religious point of view or religion from a scientific point of view - I am invariably sceptical. Generally such books are attempting to be reasonable and unbiased but often end up as the opposite; biased pieces of literature attempting to support an often groundles ...[text shortened]... yet to find any, and thus I was wondering if anyone could perhaps recommend some reading for me?
Whi is this Dawkins, anyway? I thought you guys were just typo-ing Darwin, but that can't be it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
Not everything I say should be taken at face value.
Yep got that already.

EDIT:
Whether you are a nazi or not is no business of mine and I really don't care. Its just interesting that you stomp and stride, posture and use hyperbole,and no-one comments; but when I make a perfectly reasonable comment about it, Andrew jumps to your defense.