science and God

science and God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pf

Moves
20 Sep 10

dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts

F

Moves
20 Sep 10

Originally posted by pink floyd123
dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
No, I cannot think this. Science cannot prove, nor disprove, an existance of a supernatural being. Science doesn't deal with this. Actually noone can. Many have tried. Religion and sciene cannot ever mix.

Cape Town

Moves
20 Sep 10

As an atheist, I obviously think that no god will every be found by science.
Most theists claim that they have good reason to believe that God exists. Surely if their reasons are valid, they should stand up to scientific investigation and essentially be confirmed by science.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Sep 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
As an atheist, I obviously think that no god will every be found by science.
Most theists claim that they have good reason to believe that God exists. Surely if their reasons are valid, they should stand up to scientific investigation and essentially be confirmed by science.
Well the old saying really applies here to some extent, "You can't see the forest for the trees."
In reality everything we see around us is from God. I'm curious what scientific facts prove there is no God?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
20 Sep 10
2 edits

science is a wonderful thing. The technology we develope from it has eased the suffering of Billions; yet science can never do what religion does. Science cannot answer important questions like: why I am I here? What is the purpose of life? Why am I unhappy? How can I be happy?

No, science has its place and its use, but it will never replace faith

F

Moves
20 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Well the old saying really applies here to some extent, "You can't see the forest for the trees."
In reality everything we see around us is from God. I'm curious what scientific facts prove there is no God?
Again, science cannot prove there is no god. This doesn't say automatically that there is a god. Science cannot prove that either. It's not what science does.

Those who mix science with religion will always get trouble.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 10

I dont know if science will find god, but in the future science may well discover things that are considered godly in the present.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 10

No
Kelly

h

Moves
21 Sep 10

no God can't be proved or disproved....there is no concrete evidence either way..mostly folklore and hearsay for proof there is a God....and you can't prove a negative so you cannot disprove it either

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Sep 10

Science already has done this very same thing!

He was witnessed, observed, touched, prodded, tested and found pure.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 Sep 10
2 edits

Science and god don't mix because
1) Religion is all about magic and fairy tales.

2) The word "science" is formed from the letters "s", "c", "i", "e", "n", and none of these are contained in "god".

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Sep 10

Originally posted by Agerg

2) The word "science" is formed from the letters "s", "c", "i", "e", "n", "c", "e", and none of these are contained in "god".
So there's no facts or truth in religion or the Bible?

F

Moves
21 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
So there's no facts or truth in religion or the Bible?
He didn't say anything about the truth inthe bible. Science is one thing. Religion is another.

When science and the word in bible differs, then science rules in the scientific domain and religion rules in the religious domain.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Sep 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
He didn't say anything about the truth inthe bible. Science is one thing. Religion is another.

When science and the word in bible differs, then science rules in the scientific domain and religion rules in the religious domain.
OK. Thanks for the explination.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Sep 10

Originally posted by Agerg

2) The word "science" is formed from the letters "s", "c", "i", "e", "n", and none of these are contained in "god".
Are you a teacher of some sorts?.......curious

vishva