Sarah Palin and Holy War in Iraq?

Sarah Palin and Holy War in Iraq?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

weedhopper

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
But couldn't you also get swallowed by a great fish while swimming off of Mission Beach and get spit out on the shores of Oahu?
er...no.

P

weedhopper

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]My beliefs are simple: God offered me a free gift of salvation in His Son, Jesus Christ, with no strings attached. I grabbed it with both hands.

Is it really so simple? If your being granted salvation still requires your standing in some relationship to Jesus (like, "believing in" him), then we still have to figure out what that even means. ...[text shortened]... ersonal choice" and still feel confident that you stand in the proper relationship with him?[/b]
Jesys chooses us---not the other way 'round.

P

weedhopper

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by Nemesio
This is precisely my point. By your own admission your faith is stagnant. You've found an
interpretation and now you think you're done. There is the tacit impression that it cannot be
improved; that your faith has reached its full maturity: there's nothing more to be learned from
the Scriptures or the day-to-day revelation through experience.

I wasn ...[text shortened]... couraged people to think of things a new way, to reflect inwardly and change.

Nemesio
I see what you mean. And you are correct. I DO believe that one grows in the faith every day (at least I hope I do!). Every time I read the Bible I seem to find something I missed the last time I read. I guess I should have been more clear. MY sense of salvation is assured--THAT is what requires no more "introspection", as I see it. But of course, we all can learn more every day, and hopefully, we are open-minded enough to consider all opinions.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by brendan94
United States Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin said that the war in Iraq is an example of God`s Work. What does everyone think of this?
Sarah Palin is an idiot, and she will not be America's next vice president.

L

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Jesys chooses us---not the other way 'round.
What, like a captain picking his dodgeball team on the playground?

I don't see how this answer helps you any. Presumably there will still be considerations that are criterial to his choosing. He's not just going to draw names out of a divine hat, is he?

P

weedhopper

Moves
14 Oct 08

Originally posted by LemonJello
What, like a captain picking his dodgeball team on the playground?

I don't see how this answer helps you any. Presumably there will still be considerations that are criterial to his choosing. He's not just going to draw names out of a divine hat, is he?
No---things like that (and predestination, and a lot of other things) and the reasons for them are not known to man. I just accept them as God's business, and move on.

Moves
17 Oct 08

It would depend on what God wishes to accomplish in Iraq. If God wishes the US to find and destroy WMD's that would be used against Isreal, and if the US must perpetrate a war to do so, then her statement has some merit.

Personally, I believe that God's work is directed toward his people through evangelism and discipleship (fine tuning oneself to be like
Christ through the help of mature believers.) assuming that Jesus
Christ is the Messiah.

Most religions advocate for the believer to fine tune their life for
the purpose of peace, love, joy, patience, self control, etc... and to
treat others as they wish to be treated.

What Sarah Palin should understand though, is that this is an evil
culture, and perporting our culture of sin upon holy cultures of
Islam is not God's work and will result in the destruction of Western
Civilization.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
17 Oct 08

Originally posted by 1ymmij
It would depend on what God wishes to accomplish in Iraq. If God wishes the US to find and destroy WMD's that would be used against Isreal, and if the US must perpetrate a war to do so, then her statement has some merit.

Personally, I believe that God's work is directed toward his people through evangelism and discipleship (fine tuning oneself to be like ...[text shortened]... ures of
Civilization.
You're going to vote for her, aren't you? 😛

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Oct 08

Originally posted by 1ymmij

Personally, I believe that God's work is directed toward his people through evangelism and discipleship (fine tuning oneself to be like ...[text shortened]... ures of
Civilization.
Would you say that the 'Holy Culture of Islam' fine tune their life for
the purpose of peace, love, joy, patience, self control, etc... and to
treat others as they wish to be treated.