Sans Dieu Rien

Sans Dieu Rien

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]You believe differently.

"I'm fine with that but have no interest in replicating pseudo-scholars of centuries past debating the precise number of angels able to dance simultaneously on the head of a pin. I'm opposed to knowingly participating in fruitless conversations that typically produce more heat than light and actually hin emonJello

to reciprocate with a few brief remarks in summary of what you believe.

gb[/b]
I do not understand. What do you want to know about my belief set? I believe you have not answered my questions of clarification in this thread. How is that for starters?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by LemonJello
I'm confused. How does any of this address my questions?
What do you believe?

Moves
02 Dec 11

[b]You believe differently.

"I'm fine with that but have no interest in replicating pseudo-scholars of centuries past debating the precise number of angels able to dance simultaneously on the head of a pin. I'm opposed to knowingly participating in fruitless conversations that typically produce more heat than light and actually hin ...[text shortened]... emonJello

to reciprocate with a few brief remarks in summary of what you believe.

gb[/b]
OK,

I don't give a fig about the number of angels who can dance on the head of a pin.

I agree that having pointless conversations is pointless.

I do care about the truth.

Discussion indeed takes two (or more) and I am waiting for you to respond to my question
as to whether you are actually prepared to have discussions with those who don't believe
as you do which is how your post reads.
I ask because if your not then further conversation is pointless.

You have started a thread on the topic of 'what you believe' to which I have pointed out that
you need to specify about what you are asking.
I could respond by telling you I believe I know what my name is, or when I was born, or what
my favourite colour is, or that I believe I know where my keys are....

Which is probably not what you are after, so I await you clarifying, through the use of more and
different words what you actually mean, so that I am not simply guessing.

You may know what you mean, but I don't, so I ask you questions to try to clarify what you mean.
I can't answer your questions until you answer mine because I don't know what your question is.

Is that clear enough for now?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
OK,

I don't give a fig about the number of angels who can dance on the head of a pin.

I agree that having pointless conversations is pointless.

I do care about the truth.

Discussion indeed takes two (or more) and I am waiting for you to respond to my question
as to whether you are actually prepared to have discussions with those who don't answer mine because I don't know what your question is.

Is that clear enough for now?
I have been telling you the truth. However, you ignore it or call me names.
That is proof you don't really care about the truth. 😏

P.S. I apologize. At least you don't call me names when you disagree.

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

[b]Sans Dieu Rien

Discuss.

gb[/b]
"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer" -- François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

"("If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him" ), contained in a verse epistle from 1768, addressed to the anonymous author of a controversial work, "The Three Impostors." But far from being the cynical remark it is often taken for, it was meant as a retort to the atheistic clique of d'Holbach, Grimm, and others"-- Wikipedia

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by JS357
"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer" -- François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

"("If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him" ), contained in a verse epistle from 1768, addressed to the anonymous author of a controversial work, "The Three Impostors." But far from being the cynical remark it is often taken for, it was meant as a retort to the atheistic clique of d'Holbach, Grimm, and others"-- Wikipedia
That is the reason we have so many different versions of God. Like for
example, the old man with the beard in the sky version.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357

Meaningless theoretical, since He does exist.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is much evidence for the existence of God. God is the one declared
to be the creator of the heavens and the earth. He is the one that gave
life to all living things that He made. I have pointed out the
cases for Intelligent Design on another thread. The DNA code put in
the living cell is information, which requires an intelligence to produce
it and understand it. That intelligence must be from the mind of God.
Declared. That is the key. Declared by men. End of story.

Moves
03 Dec 11

Meaningless theoretical, since He does exist.
prove it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Dec 11

prove it.
Not my job, googlefudge. One day He, Himself, will see to it that you finally know.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Dec 11

Not my job, googlefudge. One day He, Himself, will see to it that you finally know.
It's not your job to back up your own beliefs Gramps?

Who's is it?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It's not your job to back up your own beliefs Gramps?

Who's is it?
Hi, PK. Googlefudge asked me to "prove it" as if any of us is compelled to assume burden of proof

imposed by another Red Hot Pawn member within the context of a friendly forum conversation.

Moves
03 Dec 11

Really, well apart from the fact that you just pulled that out of your posterior.

What's he waiting for?

Till you can prove god exists you don't get to claim his existence as fact. period.

Moves
03 Dec 11

Hi, PK. Googlefudge asked me to "prove it" as if any of us is compelled to assume burden of proof

imposed by another Red Hot Pawn member within the context of a friendly forum conversation.
You made a statement of fact.

You claimed god exists.

fine, prove it.

If you can't prove it, you can't know it, thus it isn't fact.

If I were to make claims of fact I would expect people to ask me to prove it, to back those claims up.

It is not unreasonable to ask someone claiming to 'know' something, that something is fact,
to ask them on what grounds they are making this claim, to prove it.

In this instance you have either refused to provide proof (in which case you have proof of god but are not prepared to
share it, which is, given what you believe about the consequences of believing in god or not, incredibly selfish)
Or
You don't have proof of god and thus can't claim to know god exists.

either way, until you prove god exists neither I nor anyone else has any reason to take your word that god exists.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Dec 11

Really, well apart from the fact that you just pulled that out of your posterior.

What's he waiting for?

Till you can prove god exists you don't get to claim his existence as fact. period.
Hmmm... you now presume to dictate what another poster may or may not claim?