Russian Arcanology and Platonic Wordlessness

Russian Arcanology and Platonic Wordlessness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Feb 22

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Feb 22

“Beneath a mask of selfish tranquility nothing exists except bitterness and boredom. I am one of those whom suffering has made empty and frivolous: each night in my dreams I pull the scab off a wound; each day, vacuous and habit-ridden, I help it re-form.”

Palinurus: The Unquiet Grave
(Cyril Connolly)

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
09 Feb 22

i started a joke
that started the whole world crying

Moves
09 Feb 22
5 edits

@divegeester said
“Beneath a mask of selfish tranquility nothing exists except bitterness and boredom. I am one of those whom suffering has made empty and frivolous: each night in my dreams I pull the scab off a wound; each day, vacuous and habit-ridden, I help it re-form.”

(Cyril Connolly)
Dayamn, Spanky! We'd better contain that within this very forum, for good or ill.

P.S. -- Cool to see you citing Cyril Connolly. I first learned of Horizon magazine when I was a teenager in Saint Petersburg (Florida, not Russia!), at the county library in the late 1970s, the same one where I learned of Stapledon's timelines.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Feb 22

@divegeester said

(Cyril Connolly)
That’s some impressive writing

Moves
09 Feb 22

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Feb 22
1 edit

@kevin-eleven said
“ Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.” Wittgenstein