Ricky Gervais on Noah

Ricky Gervais on Noah

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
01 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Oh yeah, I remember that website. It is known as the "holy Grail for Atheists" by those in the know. 😏
no, it is just the first out of 59.800.000 results to come out in a google search of "proof against a global flood"

edit: it is quite remarkable that you would characterize it as "for atheists". i am a christian, and i am sure the global flood story is idiotic. even if we would take it as not entirely literal, it still is a story about genocide. genocide committed by the god who so loved mankind that he sent his only son to die on the cross so that we could be saved.

you would have to be retarded to believe a god of love would kill every man, woman and child, every animal for whatever reason and just a few years later send his son to teach that everyone can be saved, every life is precious.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Aug 12

Oh yeah, I remember that website. It is known as the "holy Grail for Atheists" by those in the know. 😏
The Holy Grail is supposed to be a bit more difficult to find. Just watch the 3rd Indiana Jones movie. 😛

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
no, it is just the first out of 59.800.000 results to come out in a google search of "proof against a global flood"

edit: it is quite remarkable that you would characterize it as "for atheists". i am a christian, and i am sure the global flood story is idiotic. even if we would take it as not entirely literal, it still is a story about genocide. geno ...[text shortened]... few years later send his son to teach that everyone can be saved, every life is precious.
Since you believe the global flood story is idiotic and any one that believes it must be retarded, I guess you must think Christ was retarded too. This is what Christ Jesus said about Noah's flood from two sources:

"For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be."
(Matthew 24:37-39 NASB)

"And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all."
(Luke 17:26-27 NASB)

It is difficult for me to believe that you are a Christian when you deny the beliefs of Christ.

Z

Moves
02 Aug 12

Since you believe the global flood story is idiotic and any one that believes it must be retarded, I guess you must think Christ was retarded too. This is what Christ Jesus said about Noah's flood from two sources:

"For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, m ...[text shortened]... s difficult for me to believe that you are a Christian when you deny the beliefs of Christ.
he was speaking to barbaric ignoramuses and as such he was supposes to pick his battles. he was supposed to stop them from killing each other and love one another instead, not teach them science. he had about 5(?) years of walking from village to village teaching about love, he had no time to take a break from that important task to say "by the way, the noah's story is a total joke, it didn't happen"

"It is difficult for me to believe that you are a Christian when you deny the beliefs of Christ."
many things are difficult to you, common sense being one of them. you are clinging to something jesus might have said in passing, to support a different claim, as told by the authors of the gospels years after that.
he is talking about the coming of "the son of man". and the gospel author remembered jesus said that, and he needed a suitable comparisson, so he picked noah's story. jesus might not even have said that.

get it through your skull: the fact that the flood didn't happen is undisputed. it is fact. it is as much fact as gravitation is. what is disputed is whether jesus actually said that, and if he did, what did he mean by it.

also, anyone who believes in the story of the flood is not necessarily retarded. they may be simply ignorant, brainwashed and refusing to fire up them neurons .

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
he was speaking to barbaric ignoramuses and as such he was supposes to pick his battles. he was supposed to stop them from killing each other and love one another instead, not teach them science. he had about 5(?) years of walking from village to village teaching about love, he had no time to take a break from that important task to say "by the way, the noa ...[text shortened]... arded. they may be simply ignorant, brainwashed and refusing to fire up them neurons .
Below is a few sources to help you understand why it is not so ignorant to believe in Noah's flood.

http://x-evolutionist.com/the-fossil-record-evidence-of-the-world-wide-flood-of-the-bible/

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm

http://unmaskingevolution.com/18-flood.htm

The following video gives answers to objections from skeptics of a worldwide flood:

&feature=related

Moves
02 Aug 12

Below is a few sources to help you understand why it is not so ignorant to believe in Noah's flood.

http://x-evolutionist.com/the-fossil-record-evidence-of-the-world-wide-flood-of-the-bible/

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm

http://unmaskingevolution.com/18-flood.htm

The following video gives an ...[text shortened]... om skeptics of a worldwide flood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw5YQA4U-1s&feature=related
how do you account for civilizations existing before and after the flood?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how do you account for civilizations existing before and after the flood?
The Holy Bible tells you all about that.

Moves
02 Aug 12

i didnt ask the bible, i asked you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 12

i didnt ask the bible, i asked you.
Well, there were civilizations before the flood from the descendants of Adam and Eve. The civilizations after the flood were from the descendants of Noah's family. What else would you like to know?

Moves
02 Aug 12

Well, there were civilizations before the flood from the descendants of Adam and Eve. The civilizations after the flood were from the descendants of Noah's family. What else would you like to know?
what about the actual fully formed civilizations such as egypt that existed before and after the flood. what about the chinese cultures we know of, that have no huge gap in their timeline where they disappeared for a few hundred years?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 12

what about the actual fully formed civilizations such as egypt that existed before and after the flood. what about the chinese cultures we know of, that have no huge gap in their timeline where they disappeared for a few hundred years?
I am not into ancient history enough to know about such things. However, I believe what we think is known about history before the flood is mainly guess work and speculation just like biological evolution.

Moves
02 Aug 12

I am not into ancient history enough to know about such things. However, I believe what we think is known about history before the flood is mainly guess work and speculation just like biological evolution.
ha, brilliant, priceless!!!! what an answer.

ive got another question for you.

how did noah and his wife and children re-populate the world with asian and black people? where did the asian-ness and black-ness and all the other ethinc body types come from?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 12
1 edit

ha, brilliant, priceless!!!! what an answer.

ive got another question for you.

how did noah and his wife and children re-populate the world with asian and black people? where did the asian-ness and black-ness and all the other ethinc body types come from?
These ethnic groups are all descendants of Noah's family that were scattered upon the earth by God with the confounding of the language during the tower of Babel incident and the subsequent divison of the continents. The difference in appearance is due to adaption to location, climate, and food in my opinion.

Moves
02 Aug 12

These ethnic groups are all descendants of Noah's family that were scattered upon the earth by God with the confounding of the language during the tower of Babel incident and the subsequent divison of the continents. The difference in appearance is due to adaption to location, climate, and food in my opinion.
how long would it take eating a far eastern diet to develop an asian appearance? how come not all people from really hot countries are black? what do asians eat that is different to everywhere else? now that the globe shares recipies will we all start to look the same?

Z

Moves
02 Aug 12

you mean how noah and his sons and daughters got so frisky and bred like rabbits and just in about 100 years or so they were capable of building the tower of babel? a building so impressive it pissed god? to be clear, the pyramids didn't bother god, the eiffel tower didn't bother god. it stands to reason then that this tower of babel was even more impressive. how did humanity build such a wonder just 100 or so years after being reduced to the noah bunch?

and btw, the bible doesn't deal in "how". stell asked you "how"