Religion's responsibility.

Religion's responsibility.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infidel

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ok, hows the weather?
If it was snowy, do you think Santa Clause might show up?

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
If it was snowy, do you think Santa Clause might show up?
That depends on whether you have been a good boy or a bad boy. He's quite the moralist don't you know.

Infidel

Moves
16 Mar 15

That depends on whether you have been a good boy or a bad boy. He's quite the moralist don't you know.
It’s easier to be the forum clown than to address the utter lack of logic and reason that is plaguing your brain, isn’t it?

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15

It’s easier to be the forum clown than to address the utter lack of logic and reason that is plaguing your brain, isn’t it?
I'm sorry what problem with logic are you having? would you like me to look at some of your games?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 15

I'm sorry what problem with logic are you having? would you like me to look at some of your games?
I've got a science book here for you Rob. Message me your address and I'll post it to you.

Infidel

Moves
16 Mar 15

I don't want to hijack this thread any further.

But when you've finally figured out whether or not Santa Clause exists, you will let us know, right?

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I've got a science book here for you Rob. Message me your address and I'll post it to you.
sorry but i just visited the library and have eight books to be going on with.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15

I don't want to hijack this thread any further.

But when you've finally figured out whether or not Santa Clause exists, you will let us know, right?
You'll be the first to know, who knows if you behave you may get a surprise.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15

Atheists don't you find them rather droll! 😀

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Mar 15

logic can and reason can and does correct for the incorrect, its how in fact we subject chess variations to falsification. We use logic to determine their veracity or otherwise. Intuition may come into play but its no substitute for pure cold logic.

Atheism is a belief system, its a belief system in the absence of Gods, like any other. People w ...[text shortened]... infact inspire the theist to engage in scientific discovery or some sublime artistic endeavour.
logic can and reason can and does correct for the incorrect, its how in fact we subject chess variations to falsification. We use logic to determine their veracity or otherwise. Intuition may come into play but its no substitute for pure cold logic.
Logic can point out contradictory premises. If, however, the premises are wrong but not contradictory then logic will produce a consistent and wrong answer. If you think otherwise then you do not understand logic.

Moves
16 Mar 15

Atheism is a belief system, its a belief system in the absence of Gods, like any other.
No it's not.

Atheism is the position of lacking a belief in the existence of gods.

That's it, the one singular thing all atheists have in common.

It's not a belief system, it has one absence of belief.

It is often, but not always, the result of a belief system [such as
Rationalism, Skepticism, Secular Humanism, Buddhism... ect] but
it is not a belief system itself.

Just as not collecting stamps is not a hobby.

Given that you have had this explained to you many times and despite
appearances you are not too stupid to understand this, to claim otherwise
is to lie.

Don't do that.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
Logic can point out contradictory premises. If, however, the premises are wrong but not c ...[text shortened]... produce a consistent and wrong answer. If you think otherwise then you do not understand logic.
Ii appears to me that you are referring to an algorithm rather than a process whereby logic may be used to evaluate any given premise and subject that premise to falsification. There is no necessity that logic cannot be used to evaluate two false premises that are contradictory for both can be shown to be unsound. In an algorithm this is not strictly so because its self contained and dependent upon its own inherent values.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
No it's not.

Atheism is the position of lacking a belief in the existence of gods.

That's it, the one singular thing all atheists have in common.

It's not a belief system, it has one absence of belief.

It is often, but not always, the result of a belief system [such as
Rationalism, Skepticism, Secular Humanism, Buddhism... ect] but
it is ...[text shortened]... ces you are not too stupid to understand this, to claim otherwise
is to lie.

Don't do that.
wow if you don't agree with my perspective you are a liar.

I reject you, your perspective, your reasons, your inflammatory caustic diatribe, your advice, your assertions of dishonesty and your belief system.

Now suck it up into your mind!

Infidel

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Just as not collecting stamps is not a hobby.
Nice.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 15
6 edits

Nice.
Non Stamp collecting is the non collecting of postage stamps and related objects. It is not one of the world's most popular hobbies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamp_collecting

Nice? So the negation of not collecting stamps meaning that itis not a hobby is nice? Fail, epic fail, atheism is the disbelief in gods, divinities, its a belief system like any other. Just because its expressed negatively does not negate this fact.