1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 07:155 edits
    @executioner-brand said
    none of the disciples were women.
    Luke 8:1-3

“Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him, and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; Joanna the wife of Cuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others. These women provided for them out of their resources.”

Luke says these women were key in supporting the ministry of Jesus. Of course they were disciples. It just does not say they were of "the twelve".

The Samaritan woman at the well in John 4:1-11 became a follower of Jesus and bore witness preaching to the town.

The woman caught in adultery and spared by Jesus in John 8 I would bet became a disciple when Jesus told her to go and sin no more.

The women healed of an flow of blood for twelve years I would bet afterwards became a disciple in Luke 8:43-48. My guess is that when the gospel writers wrote the gospels they may have drawn some specifics from the testimony of women.

One of the reasons for the widespread growth and expansion of the Christian faith was that WOMEN perceived that under this teaching they were far better off than in other "pagan" beliefs.

In the upper room waiting for the Holy Spirit to empower the disciples there were the women disciples.

Copied from https://busyblessedwomen.com/women-disciples-of-jesus/

Female Disciples

In Acts 1:14, the women were with the men as they “joined together constantly in prayer.” The barrier between men and women worshipping God was gone. In Acts 12:12, many people had gathered in Mary’s home for prayer and meeting. You can read the story of Lydia, Paul’s first convert in Acts 16: 14-15. Her home became the first church in Philippi. Women had important roles in the early church, and give us a clear picture how much Jesus treasured them, and us, in our roles as his disciples.

At the crucifixion of Jesus the gospel speaks more about the women there than it does about the men. From the same website: [my bolding]

It’s interesting too, I think, that at Jesus’ crucifixion, there were more women than men in attendance. Most of the men scattered. Matthew 27: 55-56 tells us that “many women” were there, watching from a distance. They name only a few- Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph, Salome the mother of the sons of Zebedee, Jesus’ mother Mary and her sister, and Mary the wife of Clopas.

It sounds like you came to drop off a few misconceptions out of your ignorance on this Forum.

In Acts there was a gathering for prayer for Peter's life in the house of a woman. Do you think she was not a disciple of Jesus ?
    [ my bolding]
    In Acts 1:14, the women were with the men as they “joined together constantly in prayer.” The barrier between men and women worshipping God was gone. In Acts 12:12, many people had gathered in Mary’s home for prayer and meeting.

https://busyblessedwomen.com/women-disciples-of-jesus/

Recommended also http://madetomagnify.com/2019/04/15/women-remain-female-disciples-mark-1540-41/

And the Women Remain: Female Disciples in Mark 15:40-41
  2. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 07:35
    sick
    prostitute
    demon filled
    vs
    12 male disciples of christ.
    women have little role in the bible and are not treated as equals.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 10:361 edit
    worthless troll trash posts.
  4. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 13:31
    @sonship said
    worthless troll trash posts.
    You haven't showed any women in a position of power.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 13:421 edit
    @executioner-brand said
    The life and times of men.
    The only purpose is god's whore in the bible.
    Islam excludes women due to violent ideology for pedophilia. Why do you think the Taliban bans girls from school.
    In spite of your harsh words bordering on obscene language your point is well taken and the fact is that women must take a subservient role to men in the bible, throughout the ages and even now is this era. That fact will never change. It was ordained by God and no amount of fussing and fighting and quarrelling and cussing is going to change the natural order of things. I can give you more ammunition in support of your cause but it is pointless.

Many Christians think [foolishly] it is they duty to defend the indefensible. Women are subservient to men. God said it, Jesus practiced it, Paul cemented it in stone. There is nothing to defend. That is how it is and that is how it stays until the end of this era.

Here is the reason

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
    (1 Timothy 2:8-15 KJV)

The reason ... The man was first formed, then the woman was created as a helpmate for man. The woman first sinned not the man.

God has placed women in a subservient position. It is never going to change. Get over it.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 13:44
    @executioner-brand said
    You haven't showed any women in a position of power.
    Wrong. Many women were in positions of power. In the time of Israel there were women judges and women warriors. Still they are subservient to men and they were not allowed privileges that God gave to men.
  7. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 13:48
    @rajk999 said
    Wrong. Many women were in positions of power. In the time of Israel there were women judges and women warriors. Still they are subservient to men and they were not allowed privileges that God gave to men.
    Those people in power executed jesus right, those women.
    They are not what we are looking for to say religion is fair to women.
    Jesus got to pick 12 people and they were ALL men.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:04
    @executioner-brand said
    Those people in power executed jesus right, those women.
    They are not what we are looking for to say religion is fair to women.
    Jesus got to pick 12 people and they were ALL men.
    Who said religion is fair to women?
    Did you not undnerstand?
    Women was created for men
    Women first sinned.
  9. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:09
    creepy mirror.
    jw's sent me a letter.
  10. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:111 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Who said religion is fair to women?
    Did you not undnerstand?
    Women was created for men
    Women first sinned.
    so the religion that excludes women believes.
    so your belief that excludes women believes.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:12
    @executioner-brand said
    so the religion that excludes women believes.
    Is English your second language ?
  12. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:18
    Found on the ground by my letterbox.

Hand written page.
    Dear local neighbour
    My name is matt and I am doing a volunteer work as part of the local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The question I am asking is do you think the Bible is... A book of human wisdom Myths and legends? Or the word of God?

etc
    etc
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Thank you for reading this letter. Warm regards Matt.
  13. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:22
    @rajk999 said
    Is English your second language ?
    I'm sorry. I live on earth.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:24
    @executioner-brand said
    I'm sorry. I live on earth.
    My point was to get you to correct this
    ...so the religion that excludes women believes.
    so that people can understand what you wrote there.
    I guess you more focused on the JWs.
  15. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 14:26
    @rajk999 said
    My point was to get you to correct this
    ...so the religion that excludes women believes.
    so that people can understand what you wrote there.
    I guess you more focused on the JWs.
    YOu have your 'belief'
    i do NOT believe in it but think it is dangerous to women. sexist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree