1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '21 20:44
    Be the Good Samaritan, and help out that Levite. But also, come home and find that your slave has been goofing off all day, and beat the living crap out of him.

Maybe he will even end up in the same infirmary as the Levite, and they can argue back and forth about what kind of guy you are.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 May '21 20:53
    Prisoners of war deserve slavery and/or death---wisdom from Rajk.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '21 22:48
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Be the Good Samaritan, and help out that Levite. But also, come home and find that your slave has been goofing off all day, and beat the living crap out of him.

Maybe he will even end up in the same infirmary as the Levite, and they can argue back and forth about what kind of guy you are.
    This is a poorly thought out thread topic. Im sure you can do better than that.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 May '21 01:11
    @rajk999 said
    This is a poorly thought out thread topic. Im sure you can do better than that.
    Sometimes mockery is all that is deserved.

I simply cannot take your ethical opinions seriously, given your performance of late.

If you'd like better from me, then lead by example.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 May '21 01:491 edit
    @vivify said
    Prisoners of war deserve slavery and/or death---wisdom from Rajk.
    what a brown-noser

(just returning the favor, you ill-mannered youngster)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 May '21 14:093 edits
    @bigdoggproblem said

This is not too long but pretty well explained.

Honest Answers
    Does the Bible endorse slavery?

YouTube&ab_channel=SouthernSeminary

Or -

A hot topic addressed by Mike Winger.

SLAVERY and the BIBLE!? Explained! (42 min)
    YouTube&ab_channel=MikeWinger
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '21 00:541 edit
    @sonship
    What do you think? Is it acceptable to own slaves? Is it acceptable to beat up a slave, as long as you don't kill them?

I don't think you find either of these acceptable. I don't think most of today's Christians do. It is shocking to hear a modern person endorse that sort of slavery.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '21 16:092 edits
    @BigDoggProblem

Before I answer you I must ask you,
    Did you watch either of the videos devoted slavery in the Bible?

I provided a short version and a more in depth version.
    If you didn't watch either one of them I don't think I want to argue with you.

I would encourage you (if you are really bothered by this) to look at Mike Winger's longer talk on many issues about slavery in the second video of some 42 minutes.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '21 19:00
    "If the slave does something deserving a good whooping he gets it. Its not cruelty is fair punishment." ---Rajk
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 May '21 19:03
    @vivify said
    "If the slave does something deserving a good whooping he gets it. Its not cruelty is fair punishment." ---Rajk
    Your stupid way of thinking is what the problem is. A man who commits a crime in your American system, can either go to jail and live off taxpayers money and live well, with no punishment, or beat the system with a good lawyer and get of scotch free, back on the streets to rape, rob of kill again. You people are damn fools over there. Go fix that and get your house in order, instead of criticizing the bible.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 May '21 19:36
    @vivify said
    Actually, he endorses the Bible position, which does not require any infraction whatsoever.

If the master is a sadist who gets his jollies from pummeling his human chattel, then that's just fine.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '21 23:00
    @rajk999 said
    A man who commits a crime in your American system, can either go to jail and live off taxpayers money and live well, with no punishment
    Wrong.

Slaves were prisoners of war, not criminals. The Israelites were invaders who believed the land was rightfully theirs to take:

Numbers 33:52:
    you must drive out all the people living there. You must destroy all their carved and molten images and demolish all their pagan shrines.

The Jews, according to the Bible, invaded other lands and enslaved them.
    Your defense of Biblical slavery is repugnant.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 May '21 11:16
    @vivify said
    Wrong.

Slaves were prisoners of war, not criminals. The Israelites were invaders who believed the land was rightfully theirs to take:

Numbers 33:52:
    you must drive out all the people living there. You must destroy all their carved and molten images and demolish all their pagan shrines.

The Jews, according to the Bible, invaded other lands and enslaved them.
    Your defense of Biblical slavery is repugnant.
    Instead of getting yourself all worked up over this issue, I think you should calm down and go get some professional help.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 May '21 14:151 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Instead of getting yourself all worked up over this issue, I think you should calm down and go get some professional help.
    Silly me, all worked up over you condoning the enslavement of human beings.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 May '21 16:19
    @vivify said
    Silly me, all worked up over you condoning the enslavement of human beings.
    Your problem is that your mind is straightjacketed by your corrupt culture and way of life. Your society has enslaved people from Africa and committed the most perverse and sick acts of unhuman torture and treatment of these people. There is no slavery like that in the bible. There are servants and masters. God has condoned this type of arrangement as long as rules are followed. Your little mind cannot differentiate between the two.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree