Qu'ran 47:4

Qu'ran 47:4

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
05 Feb 06

Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers, smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly: thereafter either generosity or ransom:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Qurayza

I've often heard from Muslims that Islam is a religion of peace. In fact, every Muslim with whom I've had acquaintance over the years has been a respectful person that I considered to be an individual with integrity. In fairness, none of these people would have been considered Islamic fundamentalists. Casual Muslims, I suppose.

This stands in contrast to the images I've been fed by the Western media. The furor we witness over recent depictions of Mohammed seems, to me, entirely archaic. Will Islam ever progress beyond this puerile reactionary nonsense? Can they truly call their religion one of peace, when it is obviously militant in nature?

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
06 Feb 06

I thought it was a violation of Islam to print the Qu'ran in any language other than Arabic. Will chessboards be burned in effigy now?

Cape Town

Moves
07 Feb 06

Originally posted by David C
Can they truly call their religion one of peace, when it is obviously militant in nature?
If you quote a line from the Bible without giving the context you can simmilarly claim Christianity to be anything you choose.
A nature of violence has a lot more to do with culture than it does with religion.
Much of the violence in the middle is is perpetrated by the jews and the americans so it is clearly not just the fault of Islam.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Feb 06

O riginally posted by twhitehead
the middle is
"The Middle Is"...sounds like a good premise for a religion.

I agree with you of course.

C

Israel

Moves
07 Feb 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
If you quote a line from the Bible without giving the context you can simmilarly claim Christianity to be anything you choose.
A nature of violence has a lot more to do with culture than it does with religion.
Much of the violence in the middle is is perpetrated by the jews and the americans so it is clearly not just the fault of Islam.
Much of the violence not only on the middle east but on the world it is perpetrated by muslims.

Wherever you look you can see muslims acting worse than animals: Philipines, France, Denmark, England, Algeria, the middle east, USA, malasya, Russia, Australia... wherever there is a significant population of muslims there is significant amount of violence and atrocities.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Feb 06

Originally posted by CrisKirshbom
acting worse than animals
What does that mean?

d

Moves
07 Feb 06

What bloodythirsty religion would put this in its holy book?

"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
and a two-edged sword in their hand;
to execute vengeance upon the heathen,
and punishments upon the people;
to bind their kings with chains,
and their nobles with fetters of iron;
to execute upon them the judgment written:
this honor have all his saints.
Praise ye the LORD."

l

London

Moves
07 Feb 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
What does that mean?
Well, presumably he's not talking about phony wars and abortion.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Well, presumably he's not talking about phony wars and abortion.
The expression lends credence to the notion that animals are somehow badly behaved--or that they are bad actors. Either way they're just doing what comes naturally. When people let anger control them, they are also acting naturally--acting like, not worse than, animals.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by dottewell
What bloodythirsty religion would put this in its holy book?

"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
and a two-edged sword in their hand;
to execute vengeance upon the heathen,
and punishments upon the people;
to bind their kings with chains,
and their nobles with fetters of iron;
to execute upon them the judgment written:
this honor have all his saints.
Praise ye the LORD."
I'm voting Christianity 🙂

s

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by TheMaster37
This is up for voting? I can actually say: "I vote for buddhism", and if enough people votes the same, then it is buddhism?

d

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by TheMaster37
Correct.

A
Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!

WC Champs 2006

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by reader1107
I thought it was a violation of Islam to print the Qu'ran in any language other than Arabic. Will chessboards be burned in effigy now?
You thought wrong.

Go think again, this time for yourself, if it proves not to be too daunting a task.

s

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by dottewell
Correct.
Nooo! I voted for buddhism. So, there's fifty percent chance for it being buddhism, now. 😠