quit shoving your religion down my throte

quit shoving your religion down my throte

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by bleedingheartvampire
idk about you people but i think that people of every religion should just shut up and quit trying to shovel there faith into the heads of the unwilling. be happy w/ your own faith. if your a christian be happy w/ that and dont fell the need to go up and talk to every satanist you see trying to make them change. there not going to they have there beliefs, let them have them its none of your business. and the same goes vice versa
Then don't visit the Spirituality thread. That's inviting Christians and others into your life....🙄

a

Forgotten

Moves
02 Dec 05

take it from me dude
the xians here are not prone to giving a vampire a break
hell a snake cant get a break you think they like a vampire better??lol sorry dude
\m/ 666 rules

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
This is what you believe - that it's up to God to change people?
The word of God says that God is in control, so therefore I would say yes.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by chancremechanic
Then don't visit the Spirituality thread. That's inviting Christians and others into your life....🙄
Good Point.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05

its not up to you to do anything and its not up to some "god" people make there own choices and once they make that choice leave them alone its there life and if they wanted you opinion they would ask for it. you not showing any faith by bugging them your showing ignorance and intolerance of people that are different from you.
Yes God gives everyone a free choice to accept Jesus or reject him.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by trevor33
who said christianity was right
Same post as above. You have a free will.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

It's the job of a teacher to teach FACTS. Of course a "teacher" should correct an errant first-grader who thinks that two twos is five. Because that child is factually incorrect. You "teach" a version of events in the distant past, from a book full of contradictions and commands that, if followed as you believe God instructed, would land your as ...[text shortened]... a joke.

You know what? All of you are so busy talking that you never learned how to listen.
I acknowledge all of that. If you read my post carefully, I was trying to explain the mindset, not necessarily SUBSCRIBING to it.

I have serious issues myself with the way that some of my fellow-Christians go about 'sharing' their faith. A lot of the time all I think it does is put people off even more.

What I'm trying to point out, though, is that the people shoving religious views down people's throats would generally say they ARE teaching facts. That's why they do it. They think the world needs educating.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Dec 05

It's the job of a teacher to teach FACTS.
If the teacher does no more than teach facts, I want her fired. Facts are the tip of the iceberg of knowledge. Students must be guided towards an understanding of the foundation of all facts.

Why do we understand that 2 + 2 = 4 is true? Because we learned first to count, and we learned the concept of the number line. Then we learned addition, as a shortcut to counting beans. Then, we learned more complicated forms of addition, such as multiplication, and so on.

It is also a fact that the earth is ~4.6 billion years old. However, those who peruse this forum with any regularity are well aware that this fact is in dispute by those who cannot see the rest of the iceberg.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
If the teacher does no more than teach facts, I want her fired. Facts are the tip of the iceberg of knowledge. Students must be guided towards an understanding of the foundation of all facts.

Why do we understand that 2 + 2 = 4 is true? Because we learned first to count, and we learned the concept of the number line. Then we learned addition, as a shortcu ...[text shortened]... well aware that this fact is in dispute by those who cannot see the rest of the iceberg.
Everyone is a teacher in their own way.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

idk about you people but i think that people of every religion should just shut up and quit trying to shovel there faith into the heads of the unwilling. be happy w/ your own faith. if your a christian be happy w/ that and dont fell the need to go up and talk to every satanist you see trying to make them change. there not going to they have there beliefs, let them have them its none of your business. and the same goes vice versa
If you honestly believe that, that is the correct way to live, why are
you here telling us how to live our lives, why not go someone and
keep to yourself and leave the rest of us alone? Practice what you
preach, if you cannot stop yourself, why demand something from
someone else you are not willing to do yourself?
Kelly

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
If you honestly believe that, that is the correct way to live, why are
you here telling us how to live our lives, why not go someone and
keep to yourself and leave the rest of us alone? Practice what you
preach, if you cannot stop your self, why demand something from
someone else you are not willing to do yourself?
Kelly
Agreed.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr

Why do we understand that 2 + 2 = 4 is true? Because we learned first to count, and we learned the concept of the number line. Then we learned addition, as a shortcu ...[text shortened]... well aware that this fact is in dispute by those who cannot see the rest of the iceberg.
As we are in the last month of 2005, I think this must be a candidate for Post of the Year. Clear, concise, and chock full of insight. One of those rare gems that keeps me reading this God forsaken forum.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
As we are in the last month of 2005, I think this must be a candidate for Post of the Year. Clear, concise, and chock full of insight. One of those rare gems that keeps me reading this God forsaken forum.
The post of the year is the one that go the most recs. for 2005.

R

California

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
Agreed.
We agree on something yah.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Dec 05
2 edits

Originally posted by RBHILL
The post of the year is the one that go the most recs. for 2005.
If I recall correctly, that was one of darvlay's incredibly foul but clever one-liners, accummulating over 20 recs. I wish I remembered the particulars.

EDIT: I just remembered it. It was the comparison between no1 and one of darvlay's body parts in the Seance thread. I'm too much of a gentleman to repeat it.

Speaking of offensive threads, harken back one year to the Times of Trouble, then examine the second entry in the current list of Recommended Posts. My, how times have changed.