question for believers...

question for believers...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
06 Jul 07

i do not believe in god or any religion; however, i would consider myself a good person, i have never intentionally harmed anyone and i try my best to treat any race or colour with dignity and respect...

with this in mind, when i die, if i stood at the gates of heaven and god said to you, "you choose whether to let him into heaven or send him to hell?", what would you do?

s

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
i do not believe in god or any religion; however, i would consider myself a good person, i have never intentionally harmed anyone and i try my best to treat any race or colour with dignity and respect...

with this in mind, when i die, if i stood at the gates of heaven and god said to you, "you choose whether to let him into heaven or send him to hell?", what would you do?
Well – If my Father in Heaven asked me that question, I would say “This is my brother/sister who is a good person and tried to do good for his/her brothers and sisters. He/She made mistakes but so did I. I grew and I learned. I believe he/she deserves to be in Heaven and I would love to enter into Heaven with my brother/sister.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
06 Jul 07

My first thought was "Of course! What a silly question!" My second thought was "How sad, because it's really not a silly question at all. There are plenty of people who will say no, whether they type that out or not." Bummer.

My theory (which I probably already said somewhere) is that the world needs unbelievers just as much as it needs a plurality of believers.

E

Moves
06 Jul 07

sending you to hell would be ridiculous

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
sending you to hell would be ridiculous
... at least without marshmallows and hot dogs...

e

Moves
06 Jul 07

I would say yes, simply because I wouldn't wish hell upon anyone. but my beliefs here on earth dicates what I think what will happen, and I don't think that question will be asked of me.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by pawnhandler
LOL! 😵

E

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by pawnhandler
or a can of gasoline and a box of matches

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
06 Jul 07
1 edit

In my opinion, you're in.

In God's opinion, I'll never know. 🙂

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 Jul 07

Who is the test really for? You? The person making the choice?

e

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Who is the test really for? You? The person making the choice?
of course; and i guess - if you believe it - god has to make these decisions on a daily basis; it's funny how many believers said yes, they would let me in.... surely god's answer, the source of all compassion, would be the same... kinda puts the idea of punishment for not believing into a different perspective

E

Moves
06 Jul 07

of course; and i guess - if you believe it - god has to make these decisions on a daily basis; it's funny how many believers said yes, they would let me in.... surely god's answer, the source of all compassion, would be the same... kinda puts the idea of punishment for not believing into a different perspective
hell is reserved for bad people, not smart people

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
06 Jul 07

It would certainly be an act of compassion for God to let you into heaven, but if he's going to let you in, he will make you a believer first. So it's still an act of compassion for God to let only believers into heaven.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Jul 07

When you die and step up to the gates of heaven, and God asks you why he should let you in, what answer will you give him?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by josephw
When you die and step up to the gates of heaven, and God asks you why he should let you in, what answer will you give him?
Does the answer make a difference?