Question and answer game

Question and answer game

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by Starrman
Why did you not answer my question earlier?
Because this is an "RBHILL asks, RBHILL answers" game. Other questions and answers will be ignored, unless the answers coincide with what RBHILL wants to hear.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

21. True or False? The people who waged war in the "crusades" were Christians.

S

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
True, they were generally sanctioned by the pope, in the name of Christendom. Even if you don't think Catholics are Christians (which is nonsense), it was done in Christ's name.

N

The sky

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by dottewell
(And WTF were these defenders of evolution, anyway? Leading academics in their field, or some kids being interviewed on park benches and the tube?)
I thought it was really funny how those kids were ridiculed for saying things like "I don't know", "I am not an expert" or "maybe". Apparently it's much better to hide your lack of knowledge and present your opinions and beliefs as facts.

R

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

Answer: False. The Crusaders were misguided Roman Catholic Zealots: "All crusades were announced by preaching. After pronouncing a solemn vow, each warrior received a cross from the hands of the pope or his legates, and was thenceforth considered a soldier of the Church." [The Catholic Encyclopedia - newadvent.org]

R

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

True, they were generally sanctioned by the pope, in the name of Christendom. Even if you don't think Catholics are Christians (which is nonsense), it was done in Christ's name.
So, even Mormon, JW's, and Seventhday all do things in the name of Jesus. Anyone can do things in the name of Jesus and not have Him as their Lord and savior.

S

Moves
10 Apr 07

Answer: False. The Crusaders were misguided Roman Catholic Zealots: "All crusades were announced by preaching. After pronouncing a solemn vow, each warrior received a cross from the hands of the pope or his legates, and was thenceforth considered a soldier of the Church." [The Catholic Encyclopedia - newadvent.org]
So, it is actually true then.

S

Moves
10 Apr 07
1 edit

So, even Mormon, JW's, and Seventhday all do things in the name of Jesus. Anyone can do things in the name of Jesus and not have Him as their Lord and savior.
They were sanctioned by the Pope, in the name of Christ, you imbecile, how much more Christian can you get?

No, wait, let me guess, you're a TRUE Christian... ahh... how fortunate for your pathetic logic that these others were not.

R

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

22. True or False? The Bible teaches that intelligence is the reason most people don't seek after God.

S

Moves
10 Apr 07

22. True or False? The Bible teaches that intelligence is the reason most people don't seek after God.
Hmm... let me think... a Christian book suggests the intelligent people don't worship their god? No, that's never going to happen. I know, everyone who doesn't worship god must be an idiot!

R

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

They were sanctioned by the Pope, in the name of Christ, you imbecile, how much more Christian can you get?

No, wait, let me guess, you're a TRUE Christian... ahh... how fortunate for your pathetic logic that these others were not.
Christ didn't need Protection, so then why should the pope have the swiss army?

R

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

Answer: False. Pride is the reason most people don't seek after God. " The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God." [psalm 10:4]

S

Moves
10 Apr 07

Christ didn't need Protection, so then why should the pope have the swiss army?
Actually, if you get whipped, stabbed and then had vinegar poured on your wounds, scratched by thorns and nailed to a piece of wood, I reckon you really did need protection.

R

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

23. Who said it? " I have never seen what to me seemed an atom of proof that there is a future life. And yet, I am inclined to expect one."
A.) John Wayne.
B.) Mark Twain.
C.) C.S. Lewis.

R

California

Moves
10 Apr 07

Actually, if you get whipped, stabbed and then had vinegar poured on your wounds, scratched by thorns and nailed to a piece of wood, I reckon you really did need protection.
But Christ said not to live by the sward or you will die by the sward.
But for real a Pope yes can velieve in God. But it is about Jesus he must have Jesus as his savior.