Pushy Christians

Pushy Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 18

In 2002, a British woman was so annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses repeatedly knocking on her door, she waited until they were holding a service, then started pounding on the front doors of their church. Then, she tried to get them to change religions. After about a half-hour, she was forced to leave.

https://crazyfacts.com/tag/religion/

When it comes to, spreading the good news, how pushy should a Christian be pushing? Is it okay to bring religion to someone's front door?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
In 2002, a British woman was so annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses repeatedly knocking on her door, she waited until they were holding a service, then started pounding on the front doors of their church. Then, she tried to get them to change religions. After about a half-hour, she was forced to leave.

When it c ...[text shortened]... , how pushy should a Christian be pushing? Is it okay to bring religion to someone's front door?
Why not? If a political candidate can knock on someone’s front door, why not a Christian? All the person in the house has to say is, “No thanks, I’m not interested.”

What’s so hard about that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

When it c ...[text shortened]... , how pushy should a Christian be pushing? Is it okay to bring religion to someone's front door?
A better question, perhaps, would be: Are Jehovah’s Witnesses, who reject the deity of Jesus Christ, actually Christians?

What say you, Heartpence?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
A better question, perhaps, would be: Are Jehovah’s Witnesses, who reject the deity of Jesus Christ, actually Christians?

What say you, Heartpence?
I'll be your Heartpence since GOAD has you on 'Ignore.'
But I'll answer with a question, maybe several, depending on your response.

To wit:

How strong is the truth you hold dear?

rain

Moves
01 Jun 18

Why not? If a political candidate can knock on someone’s front door, why not a Christian? All the person in the house has to say is, “No thanks, I’m not interested.”

What’s so hard about that?
It's not that simple.

A JW is like a salesman, trying to change your mind until you comply without whatever he's trying to sell you. I've told a JW that I wasn't interested, and she responded "what would be a better time to come back?" So you kept using all the same tricks salespeople use, which are based on the average person's tendency to want to be polite.

She left me with one of those Watchtower magazines, and about a month later, another group pair of JWs knocked on my door, with the same tactics.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jun 18

Pushy shows they dont understand the Great Commission. Walk away if they dont feel welcome is the instruction from Christ.

Most Christians dont understand the Great Commission either. Jesus instructed them to make disciples of people and teach people to follow the commandments. Instead everyone wants to force their church doctrine down peoples throats.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh

To wit:

Nothing stronger nor truer.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Pushy shows they dont understand the Great Commission. Walk away if they dont feel welcome is the instruction from Christ.

Most Christians dont understand the Great Commission either. Jesus instructed them to make disciples of people and teach people to follow the commandments. Instead everyone wants to force their church doctrine down peoples throats.
Do you ever write a post without bashing people who go to church?

Come on, amigo. Enough.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @vivify
It's not that simple.

A JW is like a salesman, trying to change your mind until you comply without whatever he's trying to sell you. I've told a JW that I wasn't interested, and she responded "what would be a better time to come back?" So you kept using all the same tricks salespeople use, which are based on the average person's tendency to want to be p ...[text shortened]... s, and about a month later, another group pair of JWs knocked on my door, with the same tactics.
Well, you just have to take it. Be polite, and if they want to spend six hours talking your ears off, you just have to sit there and take it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @freakykbh

To wit:

<<I'll be your Heartpence since GOAD has you on 'Ignore.' >>

Yes, ignoring me by being unable to stop talking about me and addressing me in the third person in nearly every post 🙄

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @vivify
It's not that simple.

A JW is like a salesman, trying to change your mind until you comply without whatever he's trying to sell you. I've told a JW that I wasn't interested, and she responded "what would be a better time to come back?" So you kept using all the same tricks salespeople use, which are based on the average person's tendency to want to be p ...[text shortened]... s, and about a month later, another group pair of JWs knocked on my door, with the same tactics.
I have a JW church not to far from me so they frequent this village often. How I have dealt with them is to ask them several questions before they start on their rant to convert me:
- do you know that Charles Russel was a fraudster?
- how many false predictions of the return of Christ have the Watchtower made in the last 100 years?
- do you know that your there are elders in your organisation guilty of sexual misconduct or covering up sexual misconduct ?

They usually leave shaking their heads.

E

Moves
01 Jun 18

Do you ever write a post without bashing people who go to church?

Come on, amigo. Enough.
For not being a Christian he certainly has a thing for what he believes to be Christian.

I guess in his mind he is an anti-christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
For not being a Christian he certainly has a thing for what he believes to be Christian.

I guess in his mind he is an anti-christ.
amigo just doesn’t like people who go to church, read the Bible and pray. Instead, they should be doing “good works,” according to amigo.

E

Moves
01 Jun 18

amigo just doesn’t like people who go to church, read the Bible and pray. Instead, they should be doing “good works,” according to amigo.
Good works such as providing abortions?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Good works such as providing abortions?
I’m not sure of amigo’s position on abortion. I guess it depends on whether the fetus did any “good works.”